Ormiston fc

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His name was Greg, don't know the surname.

Jimmy, whom I was with at the game could recall his name from his shouts when going for a header. He was shouting to claim it was his and the ball had barely left the keeper's foot.

Perhaps Ollie could shed some light on this? Is he signed? Good signing if so!

His name was Greg, don't know the surname.

Jimmy, whom I was with at the game could recall his name from his shouts when going for a header. He was shouting to claim it was his and the ball had barely left the keeper's foot.

Perhaps Ollie could shed some light on this? Is he signed? Good signing if so!

From what I understand he has just comeback after a significant time out the game due to a serious injury and is looking to re-start his football with a decent side - so why not Ormiston!! Don't know his surname either but he's still getting his fitness back but despite that looked good at the back and what he lacked in fitness was well compensated by his reading of the game and his commitment, won everything in the air and looked like a centre half who could distribute the ball as well rather than just hoof it away.

Don't know if he is signing - still a lot of ins and outs as each game Brian gets a better idea of his main squad for the season ahead.

From what I understand he has just comeback after a significant time out the game due to a serious injury and is looking to re-start his football with a decent side - so why not Ormiston!! Don't know his surname either but he's still getting his fitness back but despite that looked good at the back and what he lacked in fitness was well compensated by his reading of the game and his commitment, won everything in the air and looked like a centre half who could distribute the ball as well rather than just hoof it away.

Don't know if he is signing - still a lot of ins and outs as each game Brian gets a better idea of his main squad for the season ahead.

Good info as always Ollie. Agree with you, certainly looked like a decent centre back and like you said, won everything in the air. Exciting times at Ormiston with the players they're pulling in. There were good players both starting the game and the ones that came on 2nd half.

Will his serious injury be a recurring problem?

What's stopping you signing him? Get the boy signed!

Good info as always Ollie. Agree with you, certainly looked like a decent centre back and like you said, won everything in the air. Exciting times at Ormiston with the players they're pulling in. There were good players both starting the game and the ones that came on 2nd half.

Will his serious injury be a recurring problem?

What's stopping you signing him? Get the boy signed!

Don't think it is recurring - Brian signs the players - not involved in that side at all, I just do the social media stuff.

Don't think it is recurring - Brian signs the players - not involved in that side at all, I just do the social media stuff.

OK, what is stopping Brian signing him if the lad hasn't signed elsewhere? Most leagues have started so would assume he has no ties elsewhere if still available?

Could do with him Saturday against WW.

OK, what is stopping Brian signing him if the lad hasn't signed elsewhere? Most leagues have started so would assume he has no ties elsewhere if still available?

Could do with him Saturday against WW.

The guys got a choice as well - he may well have signed him in anticipation of Saturdays game.

Must have had an off day then .

Ollie, I noticed the boy Greg wasn't playing or even in the squad Saturday...

What's happening there? Was he simply unavailable or not signed?

With regard to the game, I thought Ormiston played well and were very unlucky to leave with a defeat. I think fitness was the difference near the end. Good performance none the less lads.

Ollie, I noticed the boy Greg wasn't playing or even in the squad Saturday...

What's happening there? Was he simply unavailable or not signed?

With regard to the game, I thought Ormiston played well and were very unlucky to leave with a defeat. I think fitness was the difference near the end. Good performance none the less lads.

There were a few of the squad not available on Saturday - not sure about his position, wasn't able to make the game so haven't heard any updates.

It was always going to be about fitness and because of all the changes etc we haven't had as long or as intense a pre-preason in past years - I heard we could even have been 2 up at half time. Still given where we have come from etc to hold a 1 - 0 lead over Whitehill for 60 minutes was good going and given most of those predicting had us getting well and truly humped the end result was good in terms of our progress. However no resting on our laurels as we always have a good record against the better teams , even last year , but our downfall has always been not performing against teams we should on paper beat. That will be our main test this season.

Ollie considering where ormiston finished last season and the teams in the leauge this year, which teams on paper should you be beating?

With yourselves and peebles being favourites do you mean every team in the leauge????

Archived