Selkirk Turning Full-Time

HibeeJibee

Hawick's a pwopa doon tae earth non league ground ya stuck up cunto. You can get a pint and a piss, what more do you want ?

Well done te Selkirk for this, can't knock a club for trying to better themselves.

A pint that isn't piss perhaps?

Agree with the second point though.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was comparing it with other junior clubs and I thought it was well down the list for facilities, although there are worse. The support was very small in number too, so I was questioning why/how they can aim for "full-time" players.
A pint that isn't piss perhaps? Agree with the second point though.
Yet earlier on this thread you are going on heresay of what you've heard having never been to yarrow park.Bizarre ????For the record as others have said its a great wee set up and even if yer no happy there,the cricket club a few yards from the turnstiles (yes turnstyles !!!) may let ye in if yer a good lad ;)

Yet earlier on this thread you are going on heresay of what you've heard having never been to yarrow park. Bizarre ???? For the record as others have said its a great wee set up and even if yer no happy there,the cricket club a few yards from the turnstiles (yes turnstyles !!!) may let ye in if yer a good lad ;)

I don't think it's bizarre to take someone's word for something when they seem quite reasoned, but you are right, I should have checked it out first myself.

I will make an effort to get there this season, and I'll even let you buy me a pint ;)

I don't think it's bizarre to take someone's word for something when they seem quite reasoned, but you are right, I should have checked it out first myself.

I will make an effort to get there this season, and I'll even let you buy me a pint ;)

deal but only if...................

ye bring yer "good lady's sister" :oops

What amazed me is that they've done a fantastic job on the ground these past couple of seasons now they are addressing the product on the pitch. Well done Selly, a great trip out & 1 that I'm looking forward to even more this coming season.

Oh but 1 word of caution, if you do use a car to get there don't park in the cricket ground car park, they went radio rental with us.

Grimbo

Selkirk, Duns and Coldstream (still EoS for now) are really showing that even small town clubs can show ambition and are actually putting to shame allegedly bigger clubs with more obvious resources and potential. Huge credit to those behind the scenes. I'd say Gala are also doing well, but they have had less to do in terms of physical changes and are in a much bigger town.

• 3 weeks later...

I may be wrong and maybe someone could correct me but is this grant for there community scheme not meant for local lads?? From what I've heard it's all Edinburgh based boys they want.... Just interested to know.

For what I hear they are after the best local talent, just unfortunately a lot of them chose to stay away because they believe the bull s&@t some locals talk. I heard they advertised in the high schools and not one from selkirk turned up or from their juniors.

I also hear it's about 60/40 in favour of borders players.

Why should borders clubs only have borders players.? Surely you sign the best available players to improve the squad . That would be like telling hibs ♥ to sign only edinburgh players or the rangers or celtic only signing weegies. Makes no sence.

GOOD LUCK SELKIRK.

For what I hear they are after the best local talent, just unfortunately a lot of them chose to stay away because they believe the bull s&@t some locals talk. I heard they advertised in the high schools and not one from selkirk turned up or from their juniors.

I also hear it's about 60/40 in favour of borders players.

Why should borders clubs only have borders players.? Surely you sign the best available players to improve the squad . That would be like telling hibs ♥ to sign only edinburgh players or the rangers or celtic only signing weegies. Makes no sence.

GOOD LUCK SELKIRK.

Please expand on the bullshit some of the locals have been saying. Also Selkirk have been given a grant for this scheme so surely the local community should benefit from this instead of edinburgh based boys. And you trying to compare hibs, hearts, rangers and celtics situation re recruiting young players to the government grant selkirk are getting is ridiculous. I'm sure there will be stipulations re them receiving this funding so I'm sure the local boys will benefit from it. Great idea... Just hope they don't dismiss the local boys......

For what I hear, the locals don't want to get behind this club and head over to gala and bad mouth the club. Was shocked to hear no youngsters from Selkirk or the junior section attended. Got to ask why when a chance like this comes up they don't get behind it and let the club move forward. If the locals want local players they surely have to attend. I hear the borders boys did really well that attended.

For what I hear, the locals don't want to get behind this club and head over to gala and bad mouth the club. Was shocked to hear no youngsters from Selkirk or the junior section attended. Got to ask why when a chance like this comes up they don't get behind it and let the club move forward. If the locals want local players they surely have to attend. I hear the borders boys did really well that attended.

You were shocked to hear the juniors aren't interested in the senior team?? A guy who was involved with the juniors tried for years to bring them together and couldn't do it . The new coaching staff were made aware of this so I don't understand why people would be shocked??

Have you lost the power to reply cause you're still in shock??

Some people have a life and don't check this every 2 secs.

You must be really really happy with your response though to chase a reply to it.

Some people have a life and don't check this every 2 secs.

You must be really really happy with your response though to chase a reply to it.

Who rattled your cage?? Yep I have a life as well..... Oh, and still waiting on a reply. That's the point of a discussion isn't it? Someone says something and then someone else replies to it.

Part of the problem is the differences in opinion between Selkirk and Selkirk Victoria who are the local amateur team.

Selkirk want/wanted them to be their reserve side and while this is a good idea a lot of the players playing for the Vics didn't.

The Vics could make a cup final and Selkirk would want to take a few players for a league game spoiling those players chances of a medal.

I can't see it working tbh. With a lack of local players most supporters would go and watch the Vics.

That may change though if Selkirk start to have a bit sucess.

Anyone visiting should get into the Glory Hole (cricket club next door) for pints before and after. Everyone is welcome and the pints aren't too dear.

Part of the problem is the differences in opinion between Selkirk and Selkirk Victoria who are the local amateur team.

Selkirk want/wanted them to be their reserve side and while this is a good idea a lot of the players playing for the Vics didn't.

The Vics could make a cup final and Selkirk would want to take a few players for a league game spoiling those players chances of a medal.

I can't see it working tbh. With a lack of local players most supporters would go and watch the Vics.

That may change though if Selkirk start to have a bit sucess.

Anyone visiting should get into the Glory Hole (cricket club next door) for pints before and after. Everyone is welcome and the pints aren't too dear.

Good point mate but a lot of what you are saying re Vic's players not wanting to play for the then EOS side was the mental ruling in place by the BAA stating if an amateur player went to the senior side for a game they then could not play for there amateur club for 3 games. No wonder lads were unwilling to do this.

Good point mate but a lot of what you are saying re Vic's players not wanting to play for the then EOS side was the mental ruling in place by the BAA stating if an amateur player went to the senior side for a game they then could not play for there amateur club for 3 games. No wonder lads were unwilling to do this.

I think that's right.

I know a lot of lads who were not happy due to this.

Have you lost the power to reply cause you're still in shock?

Sorry didn't realise you wanted a personal reply!!

Seems to be a lot of hear say regarding Selkirk fc, be interesting to see how the season pans out.

Interesting to see you promoting the cricket club for beers, I thought the football club had its own club house.

Sorry didn't realise you wanted a personal reply!!

Seems to be a lot of hear say regarding Selkirk fc, be interesting to see how the season pans out.

Interesting to see you promoting the cricket club for beers, I thought the football club had its own club house.

They're not allowed to sell alcohol during a game.

The cricket club is a 30 second walk away so its fine.

Archived