Kelty Hearts 2014/2015

kefc

Does`nt matter if he is level headed or not, there should be more experienced men making calculated decisions about our kids.

They should be judged in training against the first team.

If they are not cutting it, by all means give them more time to develop elsewhere, if they are then have the balls to play them, end off!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kelty today signed Forres Mechanics top scorer Scott Lawrie, outgoing is Paddy Deane who has joined St Andrews.

Macintosh

" The club should`nt be stating he is about to be moved up to the first team though in their despatches if he is being loaned out again?"

Scott Gilfillan has moved up from our under 19 team and along with Jason Penman is highly thought of by Tam and the club, it is down to Tams judgement if these boys are ready for Super League football at this time if he feels they are not then he will loan them out the same as any other team with their youngsters, they will be monitored by the gaffer and they will get valuable game time in there progress as a player, dont forget these guys have just stepped up from Kelty Hearts u19s and not a pro development team where the standard of opposition is the elite youths.

In the case of Scott, Lee his manager at Rosyth will know first hand what he is capable of but you cant throw young guys in at the deep if they are not ready, you can ruin a young player in what is a very competitive league.

Kefc `you cant throw young guys in at the deep if they are not ready, you can ruin a young player in what is a very competitive league`.

........................................................................................................................

With respect m8, Im not sure the Superleague is all its cracked up to be.

As long as they have the required fitness on their side along with the correct attitude & a decent level of ability, cant see where anyone would go wrong in junior football.

My advice, for what its worth, is to get all the Kelty players together in training - regardless of age, class, or background, just observe what`s going on & take it from there.

If that means the youngsters need moving on then so be it.

Lets be honest though they would want to be breaking into a side that struggled to hold onto superleague status if we want to be improving things?

• 3 weeks later...

Took in the friendly match last night against Edinburgh City.

First chance to have a look at the new squad the manager has assembled for the up-coming campaign.

After last seasons play - off escape we really need to hit the ground running this time round.

To the game itself.

First half, Edinburgh City were on top, the 3 goal lead at half - time was probably a fair reflection on the play, we tried, but it was all a bit huff & puff & we lost a couple of very soft goals into the bargain.

2nd half Tam made quite a few changes, it was evident straight away that the flow & energy of the match changed as Kelty dominated play for long spells without scoring, though the platform was there to do so, which was never evident in the first 45 mins.

We were reduced to ten men midway through the 2nd half, the least said the better on that one .

All in all though it was a good fact finding mission for the manager, he was able to have a good look at his squad over the 90 mins, he did it correctly as well, against a decent side, well done Tam.

What Id take from that friendly though as a fan is that three players in whom the manager may consider to be first choices for the team this season either need wakening up or replaced.

Our keeper will have to communicate much better as the season progresses & we were still weak on the left side in the first half, from left back to left midfield.

Clark & Con need to up their game on the left side or best step aside, was just not happening quick enough in the first half last night between those two, much more professional 2nd half after Tam`s changes.

What did Manson get sent off for?could never have seen him getting sent off in a Bonnyrigg shirt,didn't seem in his nature but I also remember that tackle in the Scottish a couple year back

He does leave the boot in at times and have sly kicks at players when the ref is looking the other way

Better 2nd half from us on Tuesday.

I reckon we still need a couple of quality players, IMO we lack a bit of pace and guile going forward and a left sided player but plenty time till start of season.

Some positive signs though too with the performances of the new lads the last couple of games and credit to Tam as the spirit within the squad seems very high. Onwards and upwards.

What Id take from that friendly though as a fan is that three players in whom the manager may consider to be first choices for the team this season either need wakening up or replaced.

Our keeper will have to communicate much better as the season progresses & we were still weak on the left side in the first half, from left back to left midfield.

Clark & Con need to up their game on the left side or best step aside, was just not happening quick enough in the first half last night between those two, much more professional 2nd half after Tam`s changes.

Fair point m8. That's the reason I haven't signed, if I don't feel I can add to the team then it will be time to call it a day. Trying my best to get fit and I know I'm well off the pace but this is what these games are all about. I

Don't think because T is my brother I will get special treatment. I've already been spoken to about getting fitter and losing weight.

Fair point m8. That's the reason I haven't signed, if I don't feel I can add to the team then it will be time to call it a day. Trying my best to get fit and I know I'm well off the pace but this is what these games are all about. I

Don't think because T is my brother I will get special treatment. I've already been spoken to about getting fitter and losing weight.

Very honest of you mate.

Every faith in you getting fit Con, your naturally determined so that with hard work will hopefully see you through. Be great to see you fully fit in a maroon jersey, no many better left pegs in the league.

Con

....................................................................................................................................

Con,

None of us would imagine for a minute that Tam would make allowances for any of the players m8, there are no fears on that score.

Get yourself up to pace & play your part in what will hopefully be a better season for us, I wish you well, from what I saw the other night the makings of a good side can be forged from the current squad.

Kefc intimates we may still be in the market for players if that`s the case it can only add to the competition for places.

Con

....................................................................................................................................

Con,

None of us would imagine for a minute that Tam would make allowances for any of the players m8, there are no fears on that score.

Get yourself up to pace & play your part in what will hopefully be a better season for us, I wish you well, from what I saw the other night the makings of a good side can be forged from the current squad.

Kefc intimates we may still be in the market for players if that`s the case it can only add to the competition for places.

I dont know if we are still in the market mate but i gave an opinion that in a perfect world we could do with 2 top players that could maybe make a good season into possibly a great season but i suppose everyone is looking for those players.

kefc

I dont know if we are still in the market mate but i gave an opinion that in a perfect world we could do with 2 top players that could maybe make a good season into possibly a great season but i suppose everyone is looking for those players.

......................................................................................................................................................................

Know what you mean now m8, those types dont grow on trees especially at junior level , though has to be said the big centre half Kelty have brought in looks absolutely mustard on Tuesday nights showing.

There were lots of positives to take from that performance, wee Cargs put himself about well the first half, he looked a bit of a handful tbh & is obviously in fine mettle.

Not familiar with some of the new faces as yet though the number 8 shaped up quite well, can see him & Gary Greenhill linking up well in the middle of the park, when they get a run at it.

Initially, Tam will want to get to know the strength & weaknesses of the players he has at his disposal both mentally & physically, then he will have a better idea how to set up against the different challenges that come our way.

Looking forward to tomorrows match against Petershill, was pleased with conrads response today which could have been taken the wrong way, says a lot about the man in my book.

kefc

......................................................................................................................................................................

Know what you mean now m8, those types dont grow on trees especially at junior level , though has to be said the big centre half Kelty have brought in looks absolutely mustard on Tuesday nights showing.

There were lots of positives to take from that performance, wee Cargs put himself about well the first half, he looked a bit of a handful tbh & is obviously in fine mettle.

Not familiar with some of the new faces as yet though the number 8 shaped up quite well, can see him & Gary Greenhill linking up well in the middle of the park, when they get a run at it.

Initially, Tam will want to get to know the strength & weaknesses of the players he has at his disposal both mentally & physically, then he will have a better idea how to set up against the different challenges that come our way.

Looking forward to tomorrows match against Petershill, was pleased with conrads response today which could have been taken the wrong way, says a lot about the man in my book.

Can't take it the wrong way, everyone is entitled to an opinion. And as a kelty supporter even more so. I have to be big enough and man enough to accept the truth.

I want nothing more than to be able to help kelty be successful and win trophies. Whether I can get fit enough to do that is another thing but I'm putting myself through the pain to try to get fitter.

The squad as a whole is probably the best I have seen at kelty in recent years. Really quality signings made this year, hopefully they can gel quick and get a good start to the season.

Good day out at Kelty today. Good competitive game for a friendly with Peasy running out 3-2 winners. Good story from Ian the guy that was president when we forgot the strips in 1987. If it wasn't for that plate of soup and the old strips I'm sure we would've won that day. Thanks for the day and good luck for the season. Would liked to have stayed for longer after the game.

Good day out at Kelty today. Good competitive game for a friendly with Peasy running out 3-2 winners. Good story from Ian the guy that was president when we forgot the strips in 1987. If it wasn't for that plate of soup and the old strips I'm sure we would've won that day. Thanks for the day and good luck for the season. Would liked to have stayed for longer after the game.

Agree with you, good game to watch with both teams playing like it was a cup tie.

Great you enjoyed your day and let's hope it's not 27 years till we see you again at Central Park, all the best to Petershill this season.

Archived