FAO Cowdenbeath Fans

I see that a few of today's Scottish papers have Cowdenbeath down to play Linfield in a pre-season friendly at Windsor Park.

The game will take place at Clandeboye Park in Bangor, due to the ongoing work at Windsor Park, but Bangor is a lovely wee town that is well worth a visit if anyone is thinking of going over for the game. It is a short train ride from Belfast and I am happy to hook any Blue Brazil fans up for a few drinks in one of the Linfield clubs if you are interested?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see that a few of today's Scottish papers have Cowdenbeath down to play Linfield in a pre-season friendly at Windsor Park.

The game will take place at Clandeboye Park in Bangor, due to the ongoing work at Windsor Park, but Bangor is a lovely wee town that is well worth a visit if anyone is thinking of going over for the game. It is a short train ride from Belfast and I am happy to hook any Blue Brazil fans up for a few drinks in one of the Linfield clubs if you are interested?

Sound mate. There will be a wee squad of us.

Dress code suits just in case ;-)

If you want any help about places to go/avoid, or anything at all, then just PM me.

Hope you have a good trip and enjoy your time in the failed statelet, and try and keep that manager of yours away from the Guinness, he's rather fond of it?

I expect you'll win as we have a new manager and he is certainly shaking the club up. Lots of comings and goings so they will all be getting to know each other.

Here's why it won't be at Windsor Park,

http://www.linfieldfc.com/stadiumredevelopment.asp?id=12120

As a resident of Bangor may I suggest the following pubs....Fealtys ,Donnegans The Windsor or The Goats Toe. The closest pub to Clandeboye Park is the Ava which is about a 15 minute walk from the ground. I may even head down to cheer the Blue Brazil on against what I refer to as "The Rangers Tribute Act" (although may leave the Glentoran scarf at home :ph34r:) ,you'll like Bangor and Belfast ,will get a good night out in both and will be made to feel very welcome. :thumsup2

As a resident of Bangor may I suggest the following pubs....Fealtys ,Donnegans The Windsor or The Goats Toe. The closest pub to Clandeboye Park is the Ava which is about a 15 minute walk from the ground. I may even head down to cheer the Blue Brazil on against what I refer to as "The Rangers Tribute Act" (although may leave the Glentoran scarf at home :ph34r:) ,you'll like Bangor and Belfast ,will get a good night out in both and will be made to feel very welcome. :thumsup2

Brilliant cheers.

Look forward to it.

What hotel have you lot gone for? Days is one of the cheapest and most centrally located, but there are loads of others. You have the option of bus or train for Bangor.

Link to aerial shot of Clandeboye Park below.

http://www.footballgroundmap.com/ground/clandeboye-park/bangor

Don't believe a word Co Down Hibee says - he's a Glumtoran cnut ;)

Seriously though - he's right, you will have a warm welcome and a great time.

Archived