Ladeside 14/15

KLadeside

It's a diddy cup. Sooner we are out it the better

So why charge a fiver for fans to watch matches? It's a cup so we should aim to win it , is that not what it's all about winning trophys? We were almost at full strength today yet we lacked the ambition to win ,have the players the same opinion of yourself it's only the league cup it doesn't matter????

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So why charge a fiver for fans to watch matches? It's a cup so we should aim to win it , is that not what it's all about winning trophys? We were almost at full strength today yet we lacked the ambition to win ,have the players the same opinion of yourself it's only the league cup it doesn't matter????

Why charge a fiver for a game at an ADL clubs ground when there are not even official asst refs ?.

The North/South/East whatever Ayrshire Cup went the same way...the Ardagh has had it's day...it's a kick aboot cup.We need bigger leagues,less local cups.

Meechan needs to play every minute of the Ardagh,its no like he's totally unfit but he is miles off match sharpness.Diack needs games as well,couple of chances missed he would normally score.

Don't agree with that.

The last 10 mins he was on he was just wandering around. He need to be doing extra training, not playing for the next 3 or 4 weeks.

Don't think our formation suited him today. McGinto, McAnespie and Meechan all getting in each others road, trying to tackle the same guy at times.

We look a bit like we did last year, pick the 11 best players and try to find a place for them to fit in.

Today was a step back from what we had seen in the past few weeks. Be happy just to see some partnerships forming on Wednesday.

COTB

Don't agree with that.

The last 10 mins he was on he was just wandering around. He need to be doing extra training, not playing for the next 3 or 4 weeks.

Don't think our formation suited him today. McGinto, McAnespie and Meechan all getting in each others road, trying to tackle the same guy at times.

We look a bit like we did last year, pick the 11 best players and try to find a place for them to fit in.

Today was a step back from what we had seen in the past few weeks. Be happy just to see some partnerships forming on Wednesday.

COTB

The Ardagh IS training.Sat,Wed,Sat,Wed....when do you want him to do extra training ?

If you leave him out then he will be well off the pace come the league games.He is a big lad and is never going to cover ground like Davy Anderson,getting match sharpness is more important.More games he plays the fitter he will get.Playing McAnespie in midfield led to bigger problems than playing Meechan,the shape of the team was awful....but thats what the Ardagh is for ....trying oot daft things :)

On the big Craig subject , big man is on a higher level than Ammies and has been for a long time and in my opinion should at least have had a chance during pre season expecially given some of the goalkeeping performances so far . Have to ask the question ....... When is the last time someone went and watched the Ammies from the club??? Some good boys there that in my opinion at the very least deserve a crack at it , the boy Boyd is the perfect example , too many amateur players get missed . FACT

That's for the beaks to decide no us

The final straw came when even the bookies refused to take bets on it

Ffs they take bets on tiddlywinks these days lol . Training matches is all they are

On the big Craig subject , big man is on a higher level than Ammies and has been for a long time and in my opinion should at least have had a chance during pre season expecially given some of the goalkeeping performances so far . Have to ask the question ....... When is the last time someone went and watched the Ammies from the club??? Some good boys there that in my opinion at the very least deserve a crack at it , the boy Boyd is the perfect example , too many amateur players get missed . FACT

What pisses me off more than that, is the fact OTHER Junior teams take these local boys on and come back to haunt us......

I'm sure Sconie in the day, kept an eye on the kilbirnie ammies too see what was coming through the ranks.....why cant we do it now????

Sign the big boy Asbury up, or at least give him a trial !!!!

In context of junior football. When a guy comes from a blue square premier team to a junior team that guy will have the ability to shine at junior level. That guy will will stick out and should be a class act, as long as his fitness and attitude is right. He was a class act with us and will be given time at Ladeside as long as they handle him right.

Poor Oleg getting stick on a junior forum, maybe he could come out of retirement and partner Diack up front.

in context of what drivel you just said I totally disagree.. as all my mates on here know I followed Wrexham for many a year when I lived down there and the blue Square or conference is total rank rotten. Overpaid rubbish who I felt sorry for.. terrible that it's overrated as the level is pretty poor.. not having a dig am genuinely just saying it as it is.. Alfreton was my prime example. Had 3 fans and 2 were committee and they beat Wrexham 3.1.highest payed player was a 23 year old ex Liverpool who was just out the clink for assault and nobody wanted him the lad now playing Sunday league ... anyway we were poor yesterday but not got any excuses as it's pre season nonsense and I could not care less. Poor in patches then decent in patches but decent run out for a squad that don't know each other

Don't agree with that.

COTB

management openly said this cup there gonna try things. Get a grip and come back when we lost a proper game.. getting annoyed at this these days. Nobody gives a monkey about this cup apart from the wee teams. Dalry done ok we played poor without massive effort . End off and another pre season out the way

What pisses me off more than that, is the fact OTHER Junior teams take these local boys on and come back to haunt us......

I'm sure Sconie in the day, kept an eye on the kilbirnie ammies too see what was coming through the ranks.....why cant we do it now????

Sign the big boy Asbury up, or at least give him a trial !!!!

well spoke his brother yesterday and he said I don't think he be interested..

in context of what drivel you just said I totally disagree.. as all my mates on here know I followed Wrexham for many a year when I lived down there and the blue Square or conference is total rank rotten. Overpaid rubbish who I felt sorry for.. terrible that it's overrated as the level is pretty poor.. not having a dig am genuinely just saying it as it is.. Alfreton was my prime example. Had 3 fans and 2 were committee and they beat Wrexham 3.1.highest payed player was a 23 year old ex Liverpool who was just out the clink for assault and nobody wanted him the lad now playing Sunday league ... anyway

Sorry that's just rubbish. Most teams in blue square conference or whatever it's called now are full time, the average attendance in the league is 2000 , the team you quote as having a handful of fans have an average crowd of 1700 , you mention one ex premier league player who has a troubled past but many are ex premier league youth players who never got a proper chance and have lots of ability with a trouble free past, players are leaving that league for hundred thousands of pound so let's not pretend it's a terrible league compared with junior football. My cousin and a mate watch this league regular, I have taken in a handful of games it's decent alright.

Anyway back to thread and the kilbirnie player in question, give him time, get him fit and you have a top player, I hope it works out for him.

Sorry that's just rubbish. Most teams in blue square conference or whatever it's called now are full time, the average attendance in the league is 2000 , the team you quote as having a handful of fans have an average crowd of 1700 , you mention one ex premier league player who has a troubled past but many are ex premier league youth players who never got a proper chance and have lots of ability with a trouble free past, players are leaving that league for hundred thousands of pound so let's not pretend it's a terrible league compared with junior football. My cousin and a mate watch this league regular, I have taken in a handful of games it's decent alright.

Anyway back to thread and the kilbirnie player in question, give him time, get him fit and you have a top player, I hope it works out for him.

oh as always your correct.. its terrible league and not great level at all. Overrated as is English football as a whole

by the way into pictures on my phone of there support at Wrexham and others. Easily be outnumbered by ours or your support and that truly is saying something..

Your opinion i have given my opinion and backed it up with some stats. Not saying it's a brilliant league or anything but it's not what your making it out to be. Anyway give me junior football anyday over it that we can both agree on.

oh as always your correct.. its terrible league and not great level at all. Overrated as is English football as a whole

I go and watch Blyth Spartans down here......with and average gate (2013-2014) of 364.

The standard of footie is dire to say the least, but the set-up is pretty good with professional facilities and ground.........makes you wonder how teams like this survive??? obviously local sponsorship plays a major part on the day to day running of teams like this and similar...

Craig Asbury has already played for Ladeside,he was signed by Walker from Kilbirnie Ryeside juvvies along with Andy Tait and Derek Chamblers...he actually played in a 3-2 win at Dalry in the Scarlett 10 years ago.

Will say one thing for Craig,he is no scared to come off his line and when he comes he takes man baw and everything else in his road.....he would not have cost us the Scottish game at Largs last season.

Your opinion i have given my opinion and backed it up with some stats. Not saying it's a brilliant league or anything but it's not what your making it out to be. Anyway give me junior football anyday over it that we can both agree on.

oh for sure I.d have juniors over any level but the games i watched was pretty poor.. Wrexham have great followin and set up.. but I assure you the travelling support was a awful on most occasions apart from Chester..

Archived