Linlithgow Rose 2014-15

Merrylees

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it was quite a lacklustre performance and we took a while to get started.

At 3-0 the scored was a tad flattering - the introduction of Rhuairi seemed to spark Roddy into life and this was our best spell of the game. We then looked as if we would score every time we went forward.

Wilson is getting better every week and looks a great signing.

Always pleasing to keep a blank sheet

Thought our ball retention was good and the switching of play from side to side was also very good. Kelbie offers something a little different to Coco, taking more shots where Coco looks to bring others in to the game.

Interesting choices in the middle of the park as we have a plethora of talent in there and I'm not sure we know what the best combination is. I like Andy and Batchy as they are both fantastic talents but Ruari offers some dig and Adam vision, then if Roddy gets a free role he can be deadly.

Good performance today and the 3 points were paramount, so onwards to next week.

HTG !!

That would be when his brother came on,,Roddys game stepped up a notch!

Correct - that is what is so frustrating about Roddy, his ability is not in doubt and at times is a joy to watch. I just feel at times it's almost as and when Roddy wants to turn it on.

Or maybe a case his brother gives him the confidence to play as he was a completely different player when Rhuairi came on.

What was the penalty given for this week?

Kelbie controlled the ball and the defender came thru the back of him and flattened him. Silly challenge to be honest as kelbie was back to goal, but hey ho that's what you deserve if you dive in.

Archived