Linlithgow Rose 2014-15

Merrylees

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

aye because Alex salmond is going to be around for ever

Either is the oil but like the currency he doesnt have a plan B for that either :lol:

Now you've done it 9.3mile ..... political debate on a football forum...-_-

As for the whole Ross County / cull debate, i'm pretty sure having read the posts and having spoken to Auld (Beil yer) Heid that he is not advocating shutting down teams on a seal cub in the frozen arctic basis, i feel the point he is making is that at present we have 40 teams plying their trade in our "Professional" ranks, with a population of around 5 mililon and a geograhic split which is concentrated (to an extent) in 4 areas (Edinburgh & Lothian / Glasgow / Perth & Tayside / Highland) versus an English set up of 92 teams with a populous of 55 million. Therefore we are trying to sustain half the number of teams on a tenth of the population and we are wanting to increase that through the pyramid system

REALISTICALLY, should we bound through the pyramid and in 15 years attain a level in the top 2 or 3 leagues in the set up, where would we expect to get the extra fanbase from to sustain it?, Bo'ness ?, Falkirk? ... Livingston ?... West Lothian, Central Scotland ?, my imression is no we won't, we'll still be a locally supported team. I'll use the Pars as an example (and no i am not belittling them as i actually like them as my "other" team), but as a town bigger than us, they struggle to break the stranglehold of the old firm in attracting fans, i recall back in '89 when they clinched the old first division, there were still 13 or 14 busses left the town to go and watch other clubs play, despite them having a brilliant team and fantastic season.

Instead of shouting down any comments which don't agree with your vision, perhaps it may help if you could tell us how it will be and what we can look foward to, and not scaremongering about what will happen if we don't jump on the bandwagon. I have still to read anything which presents a rosier future than what we are doing now.

As i've said before, see how we get on in the Scottish over the next few seasons and see if REALISTICALLY (not romantically) we can compete against the HL or LL teams or even a 3rd or 4th division team, then come on and bang on about how idealogic and wonderful the pyramid is.

Until then can we return to football banter or move this debate to a different thread called "Boring arguements and regurgeitating old ground".

Now .... Team news for tomorrow ?..

Now you've done it 9.3mile ..... political debate on a football forum... -_-

As for the whole Ross County / cull debate, i'm pretty sure having read the posts and having spoken to Auld (Beil yer) Heid that he is not advocating shutting down teams on a seal cub in the frozen arctic basis, i feel the point he is making is that at present we have 40 teams plying their trade in our "Professional" ranks, with a population of around 5 mililon and a geograhic split which is concentrated (to an extent) in 4 areas (Edinburgh & Lothian / Glasgow / Perth & Tayside / Highland) versus an English set up of 92 teams with a populous of 55 million. Therefore we are trying to sustain half the number of teams on a tenth of the population and we are wanting to increase that through the pyramid system

REALISTICALLY, should we bound through the pyramid and in 15 years attain a level in the top 2 or 3 leagues in the set up, where would we expect to get the extra fanbase from to sustain it?, Bo'ness ?, Falkirk? ... Livingston ?... West Lothian, Central Scotland ?, my imression is no we won't, we'll still be a locally supported team. I'll use the Pars as an example (and no i am not belittling them as i actually like them as my "other" team), but as a town bigger than us, they struggle to break the stranglehold of the old firm in attracting fans, i recall back in '89 when they clinched the old first division, there were still 13 or 14 busses left the town to go and watch other clubs play, despite them having a brilliant team and fantastic season.

Instead of shouting down any comments which don't agree with your vision, perhaps it may help if you could tell us how it will be and what we can look foward to, and not scaremongering about what will happen if we don't jump on the bandwagon. I have still to read anything which presents a rosier future than what we are doing now.

As i've said before, see how we get on in the Scottish over the next few seasons and see if REALISTICALLY (not romantically) we can compete against the HL or LL teams or even a 3rd or 4th division team, then come on and bang on about how idealogic and wonderful the pyramid is.

Until then can we return to football banter or move this debate to a different thread called "Boring arguements and regurgeitating old ground".

Now .... Team news for tomorrow ?..

I'm no accountant but explain how the pyramid system increases the 40 senior teams teams with a one out - one in system!

....well for a start there are 42 teams in the SPFL so thats already an increase of 2 ;)

Because Scapegoat, the ones who drop out will still have asperations of rejoinging and we are therefore increasing the number of teams who require additional fans / fanbase to be able to fund their visions and sustain their hopes of climbing the leagues. Not everyone will have a sugar daddy in the background supporting their small (but assionate) attendances, so therefore they are all vying for the same fanbase given that geographically we are concentrated in location.

That much i would have thought was obvious.

I'lll offer no more explanation than that until i receive some sort of counter proposition on an appropriate thread from they yes camp and not digs or rants at others who explain their thinking with further derisions to to justify their position.

Now, who is fit and who is still out for tomorrow ?...

Sorry, Specky, but it's a fairly tenuous argument, and using that tired old cliche that "England have 92 clubs and we have 42, shocking!!" is in the same vein. It's a nice soundbyte but it doesn't really demonstrate anything of practical significance, because the reality it isn't as implied. Also, e.g., there is no plan to make more nationwide divisions, meaningfully expand the Seniors, or make more clubs professional. There are as many clubs as players to fill them. No large-scale adjustments of league areas are now planned. Most senior clubs are also part-time.

Also (as I said yesterday): Junior fans, Rose included, are normally very bullish about their crowds and quality. Suddenly it turns to total pessimism if moving out/up the levels? Small fanbase? Need a sugardaddy? Time will tell if you can even live with HL/LL quality? That's a big volte-face.

There are valid reasons for people to say they don't want it, but I don't think these 2 stand-up, tbh.

Really don't know how you can call this a linlithgow rose thread you would probably have to go back two weeks to find any talk about your actual football team. How are things looking on the football side of things, if linlithgow do decide to jump I'm sure I will hear about it before it is posted on this site. I'm sure you have better things to talk about football wise.

Really don't know how you can call this a linlithgow rose thread you would probably have to go back two weeks to find any talk about your actual football team. How are things looking on the football side of things, if linlithgow do decide to jump I'm sure I will hear about it before it is posted on this site. I'm sure you have better things to talk about football wise.

That you taking a break from sooking everybody's cock on the Bo'ness thread san?

Obviously never seen it but u boys seem to get a lot of pens and by ur own admission this one was soft

If you're always in the opposition penalty area penalties will come.

This one did seem soft though and arguably Ruari shouldn't have been on the park at the time. That and the fact that I had already counted HOB's third before the keeper somehow saved it means that we got out of jail free. That said, the Rose were still the better side overall. I thoroughly enjoyed the game though as the result was always in doubt. You can't beat that for value as the game had everything - yellow and red cards, goals, a penalty and controversial refereeing decisions, even sending the wrong man off.

Archived