Linlithgow Rose 2014-15

Merrylees

May well be but that's my view and I'm content with that.

But yet again you fail to answer the question posed what was your view on their goal? Or did you just choose to ignore they scored.

the boy took it really well. And you said that Nelson was a passenger "especially when he failed to track back for their goal". This is arrant nonsense. There were 2 Rose players covering Ashe. Ovenstone was able to pick up a runner because Adam worked so hard to get back to cover McGown. Ashe took them all out by hitting the ball early and well. In fact, nearly none of the way you've called it turned out to be right. The Rose were short because Thom and Tyrrell were up in the middle of the pitch. Thom lost a header near the halfway line with Tyrrell to his right, Nelson to his left ( where he should be), Bachelor and Shirra in front of him. How in the name of f**k you can pin all of that goal on Adam Nelson is unbelievable - to me anyway.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Other teams have the right to play against us, they are not just there to stand and admire the way we play
they got a break of the ball in the middle of the park and broke quickly. The boy took a long shot and drilled it as well as he could.
we are going to concede goals throughout the season for a number of reasons, its ludicrous to expect us to never lose a goal.

Adam was bursting a gut to get back to help out. to say he never tracked back is proved to be utter nonsense given the video

its almost as if you want us to fail to point score with I told you so posts about balance and team selections

Maybe you could answer the question as why you feel the need to be so negative all the time ?
nobody deserved to be picked out for the level of criticism you dished out here !! A Passenger !! Nope thats just wrong
but it seems you are not prepared to put your hands up and admit you were wrong this time.......

May well be but that's my view and I'm content with that.

But yet again you fail to answer the question posed what was your view on their goal? Or did you just choose to ignore they scored.

actually when did you ask the question ? After such a good performance maybe some of us dont feel the need to focus on the negatives

and I gave my assessment on our forum and as far as them scoring

well that happens other teams are trying to score as well in case you havent noticed and now and again they will succeed

thats called "football"

the boy took it really well. And you said that Nelson was a passenger "especially when he failed to track back for their goal". This is arrant nonsense. There were 2 Rose players covering Ashe. Ovenstone was able to pick up a runner because Adam worked so hard to get back to cover McGown. Ashe took them all out by hitting the ball early and well. In fact, nearly none of the way you've called it turned out to be right. The Rose were short because Thom and Tyrrell were up in the middle of the pitch. Thom lost a header near the halfway line with Tyrrell to his right, Nelson to his left ( where he should be), Bachelor and Shirra in front of him. How in the name of f**k you can pin all of that goal on Adam Nelson is unbelievable - to me anyway.

He can pin it on who he likes as he has zero knowledge of the game. This will be the catalyst for him. To moan about the midfield not being good enough for a third season on the trot.

Poor loser or what, you never had a shot on goal until you scored and we scorned several good chances. Accept you were beaten by a better team on the day by a team described by home supporters as 'amateurs'

Cmon the Cuikie

Best team by a country mile won the game. We created nothing until the substitutions which was too late and the loss of Ovy reduced us to 10 when we were getting up a wee head of steam. Too little too late. Penicuik dominated the midfield, worked hard at the back and took chances when they came. Apart from tiring late on you can't ask any more of a team than that. Well deserved win. No excuses.

Beaten by a better team i agree but you still aren't a good side

have to disagree mate we never got going today and got beat by a team who were well orginised! Penicuick deserved there win and could have scored more! The only players a would give pass marks to are shira and batchelor the rest were poor!

Was following your game on Twitter. I presume three subs had been used when Ovenstone got injured?

Poor send off for The Coach...

Aye. Christie had to come of early doors after being caught late and two outfield players sent on at the same time to try and turn a piss poor show around.

Gutted at Bathgate result in a day of high scores. Was down at this game, Penicuik deserved their win despite some arrogant comment like " amateurs" from the home support...

.Delighted to get a wee share in the H/T raffle too. Penicuik will do alright in this league I think.

no you were not...........a pile of lies again Joe

Cheers Gudderman your comments mean so much - your due a game soon.

11 goals in 6 games don't worry all is ok.

Well done to Penicuik who won by pure hard work and work ethic. Two home games played 5 goals against 2 for.

We showed urgency at 2-0 a tad to late.

Until we start playing two way football and cut out comedy defending we will not do well this season.

A real shame as we have IMO the best squad since 2002.

Gutted at Bathgate result in a day of high scores. Was down at this game, Penicuik deserved their win despite some arrogant comment like " amateurs" from the home support...

.Delighted to get a wee share in the H/T raffle too. Penicuik will do alright in this league I think.

how much ?

Any passengers today?

It took Penicuik 2 minutes to realise that Nelson was the weak link and they totally pumelled the Rose left hand side for the first 45 minutes. Mind you Nelson wasnt helped by a frankly insane midfield lineup for the first hour. Batchy, Shirra and Ruari Mc playing as the midfield but all three of them trying to play exactly the same role and time after time being within about 5 ft of each other.

Rose improved when they went 4-4-2 and Kelly stamped himself all over the game, they could have snuck a point but that would have been very harsh on a Cookie side that dominated the first 45 and who should have scored more if the Trialist Number 9 had his shooting boots on.

Aye. Christie had to come of early doors after being caught late and two outfield players sent on at the same time to try and turn a piss poor show around.

Christie looked to be struggling in the warm up and was asked at least twice by the GK coach if he was OK so not sure that the injury was totally caused by the collision. Also think things would have been totally different if McGoo had been fit and able to play left back.

It took Penicuik 2 minutes to realise that Nelson was the weak link and they totally pumelled the Rose left hand side for the first 45 minutes. Mind you Nelson wasnt helped by a frankly insane midfield lineup for the first hour. Batchy, Shirra and Ruari Mc playing as the midfield but all three of them trying to play exactly the same role and time after time being within about 5 ft of each other.

Rose improved when they went 4-4-2 and Kelly stamped himself all over the game, they could have snuck a point but that would have been very harsh on a Cookie side that dominated the first 45 and who should have scored more if the Trialist Number 9 had his shooting boots on.

Spot on - expect to be slated for stating this though!'

Archived