Linlithgow Rose 2014-15

Merrylees

HTG, I can categorically tell you that none of the alleged 'bucky brigade' or anyone else near them said that remark. Absolute truth. It is from someone near Paul and his camera. If you want to compare distance/remarks, you'll hear me (with the alleged bucky brigade) giving pelters to our defence just before you guys score. So please take your smokescreen somewhere else. Personally, I enjoyed the chats with decent rose supporters before, during and after the game

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I pretty much agree with this. The boys were having a drink and that seems to be second nature in the west. It's something we don't see so much of in the east leagues and I'm not sure why that is to be honest. The "Barry's gonnae get ye" chants were poorly timed right enough - the only thing Barry was getting when that was sung was first shot at the showers.

You agree with it yet still feel the need to moan, all day long. SHUT UP MATE, YOUR BORING!!

well I think any sensible sound minded posters can make there mind up on this one !!

Anyways, because we all get on so well with each other, hopefully we can have a wee friendly at the start of next season at your bit (if West Lothian council are OK with that cos they own your (their) park. Should be plenty banter which is good. Obviously no-one under 16 allowed in, and no wummin, cos those North Ayrshire boys are sooooo nasty

Anyways, because we all get on so well with each other, hopefully we can have a wee friendly at the start of next season at your bit (if West Lothian council are OK with that cos they own your (their) park. Should be plenty banter which is good. Obviously no-one under 16 allowed in, and no wummin, cos those North Ayrshire boys are sooooo nasty

That should be a standing rule anyway!! :P

Hopefully my last post on here cos I normally don't like coming on other teams threads. Just watched Paul's video, excellent as usual. Bearing in mind that it was mostly rose supporters who were near Paul, extremely disappointed to hear some clown shout 'ya sp**tic ya' at a player, though he seemed to get shot down in flames by others nearby. Comments please rosey posey and sponsors laddie? Sounds to me like a rose supporter has had far too much to drink, although that ain't any sort of excuse for such a comment. P.S the alleged bucky brigade were about 20 yards away so don't try the easy blame game that you enjoy so much

Having read through the posts and watched the video - just before the incident you refer you will hear quite clearly someone mention my name. That person you know and spoke with on Saturday makes a comment to me then you have the incident in question.

I have to say sitting where we were behind the camera that I certainly didn't hear any comments which I felt were untoward and knowing most who were around me it would surprise me greatly if such a comment was made by any of them - I'm not convinced what was said wasn't actually pass it having listened a few times.

Personally I have no issues with people having a drink at the game - but normally that's half time in the club. Although I at no point did I feel intimidated by your guys. I don't think even knowing you would I stand near them at an important game as felt the mood changed as the more drink was consumed and the language became stronger. But for a support of ten people you certainly made some noise!!!

This is all getting a bit embarrasing from the rose support. Ok I wasn't there but its a recurring theme that if opposing supporters sing or say things that are not quite pc certain rose fans get on their high horse. Most rose fans on here know me and I certainly in my time as a rose fan said some unsavoury things at a game| normally pointed at the beggarville over the hill I am sure that may offend some beggars but hey its fitba, if you are offended go and watch lithgae rugby club ffs. Some of the stuff here is plain embarrassing

Dr v correct you were not there... I have no time for anyone who takes drink into the ground !! there is no need, you can drink before and after

but not during, thats the LAW of the land at present.... I see no need for anyone to take bottles and cans into a ground and made my point

Sadly it seems that some think that its their right to take drink into the ground and drink it during the game and if you dont do that or like that

then your a nancy boy..........

I'm not sure if drinking in a junior ground is banned. I might be wrong there. I don't have a problem on a summers day people having a beer watching the game. Mid winter and I don't see why you would want a wee swallie. I have bveen sneaking booze into games since I was 16 and my carrie oot for the deveronvale game was 2 bottles of DR, which the guy at the gate almost had kittens with so I had to leave it in the entrance gate till after the game. And hey ho our friendly northern hosts kept an eye on it for me. Loosen up rosie. Its fitba where you get loads of dodgy shouts every game and virtually no violence. Long may it continue

I'm not sure if drinking in a junior ground is banned. I might be wrong there. I don't have a problem on a summers day people having a beer watching the game. Mid winter and I don't see why you would want a wee swallie. I have bveen sneaking booze into games since I was 16 and my carrie oot for the deveronvale game was 2 bottles of DR, which the guy at the gate almost had kittens with so I had to leave it in the entrance gate till after the game. And hey ho our friendly northern hosts kept an eye on it for me. Loosen up rosie. Its fitba where you get loads of dodgy shouts every game and virtually no violence. Long may it continue

Absolutly no need if you cant go 90 mins of a game without a drink you have a serious problem

On a serious point people can have a drink at other sports. Darts ffs is the worst. People going to theatre or a concert can have a drink. Following your logic surely why would anyone want a drink at download feestival when you have all that fantastic music to listen to. Did you never have a drink at half time when you were on the committee ?

I understand where you are coming from Dr V, but you are not someone who would become an aggressive drunk.

The issue for me was are they/you a happy drunk or take on the world drunk?

Imagine allowing the Neanderthals over the hill to be openly allowed to drink at the game against us for example.

At least in a social club at half time things are properly monitored and controlled by the staff.

In the ground no one monitoring and it only takes one flash point and heat of the moment and a bottle is thrown.

On Saturday there was no issues whatsoever - but as I said in a previous post I wouldn't be standing near if there was something at stake.

The atmosphere was certainly different in the second half after some consumption.

I understand where you are coming from Dr V, but you are not someone who would become an aggressive drunk.

The issue for me was are they/you a happy drunk or take on the world drunk?

Imagine allowing the Neanderthals over the hill to be openly allowed to drink at the game against us for example.

At least in a social club at half time things are properly monitored and controlled by the staff.

In the ground no one monitoring and it only takes one flash point and heat of the moment and a bottle is thrown.

On Saturday there was no issues whatsoever - but as I said in a previous post I wouldn't be standing near if there was something at stake.

The atmosphere was certainly different in the second half after some consumption.

Absolutely no need for that comment. Anyway spoke to one of your supporters who was at the game and he was in the area near supposed "drunks" and said there was no issues. Seems that it's a 'now you see/hear it' 'now you don't'

Archived