Georgia game at Ibrox

1320Lichtie

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering the vitriol that comes from the hateful reborn mob I don't think any Scotland games should be played there. After all it's a deep seated conspiracy by the SFA against the good and righteous protestants of this country.

To be fair, the hate flung back at them is just as extreme.

What is the obsession over Murrayfield? It's always thrown out as an 'option' on here but why would the SFA give money to the SRU? Also since it's never been done before, I imagine there must be reasons we don't know about as to why. I get the feeling the SRU wouldn't be too keen on it.

I don't think it's that complicated - SRU happily hosted Hearts games in Europe, Hearts & Hibs friendlies, and were up for Euro 2008 and even Hearts moving-in. They've occasionally taken rugby to Hampden. I think SFA just don't want to go to Edinburgh nor give £££ to another sport.

Don't mind Ibrox. As much as we hate Sevco, their fans will be supporting England anyway.

Utter nonsense. 50% of the group I go to games with are Rangers fans and I'd imagine a lot of people will have similar stories.

I think this will be one for drinking in the city centre then getting the subway.

I think SFA just don't want to go to Edinburgh nor give £££ to another sport.

Genuinely cannot see anything wrong with this, at all.

Utter nonsense. 50% of the group I go to games with are Rangers fans and I'd imagine a lot of people will have similar stories.

I think this will be one for drinking in the city centre then getting the subway.

Yep. Absolute nonsense. Chips, chips everywhere.

What is the obsession over Murrayfield? It's always thrown out as an 'option' on here but why would the SFA give money to the SRU?

Because it's better going to the SRU than the UVF.

Don't mind Ibrox. As much as we hate Sevco, their fans will be supporting England anyway.

There are only so many ill-informed, ignorant tropes I can stand before dispensing my monthly Helen.

I support Scotland and have done over 6 decades so f**k off with your England patter.

There are only so many ill-informed, ignorant tropes I can stand before dispensing my monthly Helen.

I support Scotland and have done over 6 decades so f**k off with your England patter.

Have to agree with T_K here. I don't know that many fans of the govan club, but of those I do I can't imagine any of them supporting England!

Posted this on a similar thread on dafc.net:

With Hampden out of comission, Ibrox and Parkhead are the only viable options. We've got 30,000 SSC members, and it's the first home game of the campaign. If we somehow manage to get a favourable result in Dortmund, there will be a huge demand for tickets. I always want Scotland games at Hampden, but I don't see what the issue is here. Georgia won't bring many travelling fans, so Ibrox's capacity will be sufficient for the game.

I expect them to take the Republic match to Celtic Park, which again would make sense in terms of maximising the attendance - ROI will be allocated a fair number of tickets, and demand for that match will be high.

Friendlies I would be happy to see go to the likes of Easter Road and Pittodrie though depending on the opposition.

Took a wee swatch at rangers media to see the reaction :1eye ...

I've not forgotten I'm Scottish, far from it, but therein lies the problem. I remember a Scotland where Protestant, caucasian males who believe in the Union and support Rangers weren't the most marginalised members of society. That isn't the country I woke up in today, which is why I have nothing but apathy toward the national side

Class :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Definitely - the vast majority of the regular Scotland support as recently as the 80s/early 90s came from the Central Belt, and chances are supported one of the big city clubs.

It's only maybe been the last 20-25 years that the epicentre of the hardcore Scotland support has shifted north and east, probably for a variety of reasons rather than the simplistic "Well, THEY support England, and THEY support the Republic" that's so often trotted out.

Think Ibrox will be bouncing for this, been in the Club Deck and the away end, hoping to get one in the Govan Rear/Copland Rear centre this time.

Buzzing for this, going to Germany too but not expecting much from the football.

Archived