Worst Shirt Sponsor

The further you drop down the leagues the smaller the companies get and the poorer the shirt sponsor logo gets. I'm sure we're all thankful for these companies putting their money into our clubs but on the flip side a bad sponsorship logo can ruin a shirt.

My award for this season's most embarrassingly bad sponsorship logo goes to Hearts:

mZiqs1f.png

Just look at it, as if someone has let a child loose with MS Paint.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never liked Sports Division - especially on our white home kit.

"Seriously Strong" was a wee bit cheesy as well, and the only thing worse than that AT Mays thing was the mess of an away kit it was attached to. (Red and navy, not the much-missed paint explosion ;))

The further you drop down the leagues the smaller the companies get and the poorer the shirt sponsor logo gets. I'm sure we're all thankful for these companies putting their money into our clubs but on the flip side a bad sponsorship logo can ruin a shirt.

My award for this season's most embarrassingly bad sponsorship logo goes to Hearts.....

You don't like Hearts much. We get it already

Queen of the South were sponsored by the local police force during the 1997-98 season. The logo was "THINK! SAY NO TO DRUGS!" which was written in the most appalling font and unreadable from a certain distance! Maybe a good thing. We got to the Challenge Cup Final that year so managed to display it toa wider audience! :unsure:

Its not the logo that's the problem. The logo is fine its the sheer size of it that ruins the strip.

If they wanted it that size they should've stuck it in a speech bubble.

Edit: I would like to see you come up with something like that in paint!

I agree. Its shit. It looks like something made in paint.

They should have just had a rectangular banner with FOH logo next to it like this or something...

Foundation of Hearts

"Seriously Strong" was a wee bit cheesy as well, and the only thing worse than that AT Mays thing was the mess of an away kit it was attached to. (Red and navy, not the much-missed paint explosion ;))

Pun intended?

​​

​There will always be a place in my heart for the Killie Sports Division kits. For some reason they're one of my first football memories. Especially this one:

kilmarnock_1998-1999-a.gif

​I don't think I need to point out how ill timed our Intelligent Finance sponsorship was.

Queen of the South were sponsored by the local police force during the 1997-98 season. The logo was "THINK! SAY NO TO DRUGS!" which was written in the most appalling font and unreadable from a certain distance! Maybe a good thing. We got to the Challenge Cup Final that year so managed to display it toa wider audience! :unsure:

Exactly what I was thinking downsides of having a sponsorship raffle

BERNARD HUNTER CRANE HIRE (Cowdenbeath in the Levein days)

Gordon Williamson Therapy Clinic (Shire)

Ramsay Ladders (Forfar, for about 20 years)

Reekie Motors Cupar (East Fife)

Bervie Chipper (Montrose- great chippy, mind)

Duck Bay Marina (old Clydebank)

BERNARD HUNTER CRANE HIRE (Cowdenbeath in the Levein days)

Gordon Williamson Therapy Clinic (Shire)

Ramsay Ladders (Forfar, for about 20 years)

Reekie Motors Cupar (East Fife)

Bervie Chipper (Montrose- great chippy, mind)

Duck Bay Marina (old Clydebank)

And let's not forget crackers that were Smokey's Discotheque who sponsored Arbroath and The Raj Restaurant who were on the shirts of Meadowbank Thistle

Bankies as well as Wet Wet Wet and Duck Bay Marina also had Kingston Car Wash and Central Car Auctions !!!!!

:)

The Dumfries and Galloway Conservative and Unionist Party finished 9th in the shirt sponsorship draw which would probably put Queens above everyone else in the laughing stock of Scottish Football rankings. Imagine the shitstorm that it would have caused on here, the Dundee fans taunts would have been unbearable.

Archived