Pre-season Friendlies

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't take too long for the first error to creep onto the list !

Why would Gretna want to play Rangers U20's at Ferguson Park ??

As you would expect it will be played at Raydale.

Quite a match, between two of the newest teams in Scotland.

I reckon you should take your contentious views to a much more appropriate forum than this one

Nowt contentious. Unless you are suggesting Gretna 2008 is more than 6 years old...which would not go down well with the Raydale crew.

Nowt contentious. Unless you are suggesting Gretna 2008 is more than 6 years old...which would not go down well with the Raydale crew.

You know full well that the contentious element of your comment has nowt to do with Gretna 2008.

You are simply fishing to get an argument going that has been done to death on other forums

Grim...ah ken it's jist an EoS friendly because you buggers wouldnae let them in, but are ye gaun tae the Duns v Man City match, July 28th

It's still on me bucket list, not sure what sort of side it will be (the City side, avenae a scooby who plays fae Duns). 8)

The chair (aka the table, it makes us giggle) of the Sparticos City supporters club is oan the ticket trail, though at 25 noodles a pop I think I might have to dig up my Edinburgh City student pass. I mean is that no milking it a tad, well it's 1/2 a full Sparticos season ticket ffs!

Grimbo

P.S. I had a blether with Harry at the Sparticos POTY dinner & he towd me aboot his Mam & Dad's hoose, their back yard overlooks the training groond, so I've ingratiated myself to a cuppa in their kitchen, I'll bring the rich teas & I'm thinking of taking up smookin so I can nip owt the back & gander o'er the wa to see if I recognize any of 'em?

It's still on me bucket list, not sure what sort of side it will be (the City side, avenae a scooby who plays fae Duns). 8)

The chair (aka the table, it makes us giggle) of the Sparticos City supporters club is oan the ticket trail, though at 25 noodles a pop I think I might have to dig up my Edinburgh City student pass. I mean is that no milking it a tad, well it's 1/2 a full Sparticos season ticket ffs!

Grimbo

P.S. I had a blether with Harry at the Sparticos POTY dinner & he towd me aboot his Mam & Dad's hoose, their back yard overlooks the training groond, so I've ingratiated myself to a cuppa in their kitchen, I'll bring the rich teas & I'm thinking of taking up smookin so I can nip owt the back & gander o'er the wa to see if I recognize any of 'em?

Sure they're only a fiver Grim. Now you can't use the old the tickets are too dear excuse .... #halfemptyetihad ;)

Sure they're only a fiver Grim. Now you can't use the old the tickets are too dear excuse .... #halfemptyetihad ;)

Show me the money, is that the price for sitting at hame or awae?

Grimbo el Spartico

Matches against Scottish League clubs are always interesting, but there are a few interesting LL v Junior matches on the go this pre-season which should be intriguing too... most notably Stirling Uni v Linlithgow Rose (LL runners-up v East Juniors runners-up), and Dalbeattie v Hurlford (LL third place & South Challenge Cup finalists v West Juniors third place & Scottish Junior Cup winners).

Always good to see these sort of elite inter-grade matches being played, IMO.

Matches against Scottish League clubs are always interesting, but there are a few interesting LL v Junior matches on the go this pre-season which should be intriguing too... most notably Stirling Uni v Linlithgow Rose (LL runners-up v East Juniors runners-up), and Dalbeattie v Hurlford (LL third place & South Challenge Cup finalists v West Juniors third place & Scottish Junior Cup winners).

Always good to see these sort of elite inter-grade matches being played, IMO.

Trouble is they become meaningless when each side makes 7 or 8 substitutions.

Much better if we perhaps had a sort of elite non-league cup of perhaps 8 teams (I sure the fixture secretaries from the seniors and juniors would love to work together ;) )

Hi guys, the last time I was at Meadowbank Stadium for a game is just short of 40 years, is there a car park/parking in the vicinity?

Free of course :P

Bloody tightwad lino lickers! :P

If you haven't been for 40 years you'll have missed the game a mere 25 years ago when, with Raith 3-0 down, a looney ran over to the visiting dug-out to offer Frank "Ian Paisley" Connor some tactical advice. Fortunately the stewards caught up with him before blows could be exchanged....

Archived