Clear out at Kilsyth

Kilsyth Coyle

Personally I can't wait for the season to start,2 local derbies,Pollok to play,trip to the seaside to Largs,Irvine vics the only park Ave never been to in the west region,family rivalry with glencairn lol,a lot of new faces in ma team,only thing missing are the pace ! Bring it on ! P.s an can it no come quicker lol !

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surprising, who owns the land then? Surely it could be sold back to kilsyth cheaply as it's no use to anyone else really.

A property developer who bought it from the receiver of the failed pub company who took over the club. He can't do anything with the ground but has never made any moves to offer it for sale to us. Not so sure it would go cheaply just the same, these people just sit on assets like that if they don't need to sell them. Maybe some day it will come back onto the market; it would be ideal for a couple of five a side pitches which in the long term could be good for the club.

A property developer who bought it from the receiver of the failed pub company who took over the club. He can't do anything with the ground but has never made any moves to offer it for sale to us. Not so sure it would go cheaply just the same, these people just sit on assets like that if they don't need to sell them. Maybe some day it will come back onto the market; it would be ideal for a couple of five a side pitches which in the long term could be good for the club.

Random question but is there 5 a side or 7 a side pitches in kilsyth at all ?

And glad to hear the kilsyth guys are looking forward to the new season with optimism , as i am with my team. I may have fall outs on this with some kilsyth fans but at the end of the day we are of the same breed , junior supporters helping keep this grade of football alive in our area by our interest.

Random question but is there 5 a side or 7 a side pitches in kilsyth at all ?

And glad to hear the kilsyth guys are looking forward to the new season with optimism , as i am with my team. I may have fall outs on this with some kilsyth fans but at the end of the day we are of the same breed , junior supporters helping keep this grade of football alive in our area by our interest.

nope (well 11 a side parks cut into 3 sections for 7 a sides ), only 2 astro park in kilsyth also, 1 ash park just above the academy and 2 sets a goalposts (not a park) in westfield road, thats all.

There is also the ash park at burngreen which is such a waste. It only gets used for civic saturday. It would be great to change it into 5 a side pitches as its location would lend itself to families as well as regular teams.

The goals at westfield road are fine for my son and his pals to play at, but i would not fancy a game there.

There is also the ash park at burngreen which is such a waste. It only gets used for civic saturday. It would be great to change it into 5 a side pitches as its location would lend itself to families as well as regular teams.

The goals at westfield road are fine for my son and his pals to play at, but i would not fancy a game there.

theres a hill on it like kingsway! yes the burngreen park aswell, cant remember last time i seen it used

Not quite that bad, but overall not the best facilities in the town. Can anyone see kilsyth go down the road of community club and see duncansfield changed into 4g so it could be used all week. I drove past it today and it was looking in great shape for the season ahead, but a waste that it is unused when teams are struggling to get lets on sportsfield.

Not quite that bad, but overall not the best facilities in the town. Can anyone see kilsyth go down the road of community club and see duncansfield changed into 4g so it could be used all week. I drove past it today and it was looking in great shape for the season ahead, but a waste that it is unused when teams are struggling to get lets on sportsfield.[/quote

Kilsyth have a wonderful facility at Duncansfield and with one astro facility already and another in croy, I really don't see the need for it. Never mind it would cost in the region of £300,000. You really canny beat a good grass pitch. Would hate to see just another Lego land facility

Kilsyth have a wonderful facility at Duncansfield and with one astro facility already and another in croy, I really don't see the need for it. Never mind it would cost in the region of £300,000. You really canny beat a good grass pitch. Would hate to see just another Lego land facility[/quote

Totally agree, not against progress and not saying there couldn't be improvements at Duncansfield but unless a benefactor fitted a 4g and left Kilsyth to make the money from the lets i wouldn't be keen on a prefab community ground. That said the current state do the ground is by and large due to a group of guys mainly in their 60s and 70s.

Not quite that bad, but overall not the best facilities in the town. Can anyone see kilsyth go down the road of community club and see duncansfield changed into 4g so it could be used all week. I drove past it today and it was looking in great shape for the season ahead, but a waste that it is unused when teams are struggling to get lets on sportsfield.[/quote

Kilsyth have a wonderful facility at Duncansfield and with one astro facility already and another in croy, I really don't see the need for it. Never mind it would cost in the region of £300,000. You really canny beat a good grass pitch. Would hate to see just another Lego land facility

yes i do see the need for it. the pitch at the sportsfield is really well used, most nights there are 6 or 7 lets for it. recently it has been getting vandalised tho ( holes in the fence, goals set on fire,smashed glass etc) due to it not getting manned correctly but if it was used like it should be it would benefit the community

yes i do see the need for it. the pitch at the sportsfield is really well used, most nights there are 6 or 7 lets for it. recently it has been getting vandalised tho ( holes in the fence, goals set on fire,smashed glass etc) due to it not getting manned correctly but if it was used like it should be it would benefit the community

Your quite right it's turned into a shambles!! The council should hang there heads on shame ! The bins are left to overflow and rubbish left everywhere. Areas of fire damage around the pitch and the surface its self has not seen any maintenance since the day it went in. Perhaps a little more thought at the time of where best to spend that kind of money in the community could have seen Kilsyth Rangers benifit from it in some way and also ensure it was properly maintained. Have a look at the grass pitch down there!!! It's a feckin disgrace!! The close season work is non existent as I say, if it's left to the community (council) forget it!!

I think it is difficult for the council, i often take my son down and can go in freely and it is often well used. Perhaps locking it up would only encourage more vandalism. Also, individuals need to take responsibilty forvtheir own actions and not vandalise what could be a great facility. I remember playing and training on the old ash pitch a d that was quite an experience.

I like the grass park at duncansfield, but i can see it that my son will never play a game on a grass pitch.

I think it is difficult for the council, i often take my son down and can go in freely and it is often well used. Perhaps locking it up would only encourage more vandalism. Also, individuals need to take responsibilty forvtheir own actions and not vandalise what could be a great facility. I remember playing and training on the old ash pitch a d that was quite an experience.

I like the grass park at duncansfield, but i can see it that my son will never play a game on a grass pitch.

Tell me how can a couple of old guys with minimal equipment and limited resources produce a pitch of such quality, and yet with all the machinery and resource the local council cannot even in the close, season produce anything like what it should be. Your son may have limited opportunity to play on grass especially with the utter lack maintenance carried out in Kilsyth. Give it a year and the astro will be unplayable!! I was left feeling really depressed after my last visit to the facility.

My comme t was in no way having a go at anyone on the kilsyth committee a d if you look at previous posts i have made you will see the high regard i have for e eryone connected with the club.

I know how difficult it can be getting lets on the astro at present and just verbalising my thoughts.

My mind is also taken back a number of years to the day we went to play on the old ash park (where the astro now is) only to have a mechanical road sweeper dumped in the middle of the pitch.

Must be the area of the town it is in

• 2 weeks later...

Archived