Irvine Victoria 2014/2015

irvinevalley

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was standing next to a few Roy fans today at the cabin. Was me giving out the scores, few Vics fans were next to us.

I think your posts are overall good to read, you obviously want your team to do well and like to express how you feel. Your bang on with the paying supporters bit, you pay your money and no doubt give a bit more to your club so you have every right to express your thoughts. If folk don't like it they should go and play amateur football.

That's where I was with my mates,will catch up with you in return fixture. T

I know its still early in the season . But if the vics dont get a win soon i fear for them . Not that there a poor team just because this league is so tight . 30 pts in this league will get you relegated. Forget about last season

Don't look as if we're gonna get that elusive win anytime soon.

Thought the 2nd half performance was better than the first y'day. The lad Davidson certainly needs to get a run in the team for me, he looks like the one midfielder who could give the front two something to run onto. The long ball from the back is a complete waste of time.

Honest Boy and KR you might be right. I know Peter that your team put a run together late last year that would have kept you up if you hadn't been penalised. Vics fan 10 makes a good point about the long ball game we've adopted this season. IMO ,unnecessary. We offered more going forward on Sat once calum came on. We had a reputation last season for being a good passing team and this season, the games we've played all our opponents have been content to employ a creative midfielder to pick the good passes and link the play and utilize any pace up front. Gary Russell could have filled that role easily.and don't get me started on up front because we have missed a trick not playing David Adams and Eddie Ablohr regularly. They are never going to form an effective partnership taking turns on the bench. Big Kev has scored 6 , this season, 5 of which have been penalties. He needs a wee spell on the bench and maybe be an impact sub as he wouldn't weaken the team.

Agree with posts above re the persistent long ball the Vics have been playing so far this season, very rare to see 2 big men up front being a success, whereas the ball on the deck behind the twin centre halfs is very difficult to defend.

Would like to see Adams and big Eddie Ablhor get a run for say the next 3 games and perhaps have big Bruce and Kevin come off the bench later in the game.

Feel one result could turn this around, still plenty of points to play for and it could be quite tight between about 6 teams down at the bottom this season, with Vics being one of them, sadly.

Mon Victoria!!

Chuffed with today's win, massive one for us. They finally pick David Adams and Ablohr together up front n it's worked, davie getting 2 n Eddie the other.

Onwards n upwards now hopefully next week away at Neilston is a massive game again!

Mon the Vics!

Vics were terrific today. Showed great character to recover from losing another cheap goal early on.

Thought Ablhor was excellent, he's been a real find but needs a run of games now. Adams was good too and did brilliantly for his Ist goal.

The whole Vics team seemed pumped up - this was more like the performances we saw last season.

Hopefully the lads can keep up this level of performance because it aint gonna get any easier as the winter bites.

Delighted for the boys today, the move away from the big high ball paid off big time. Glencairn will play worse and win

Vic's got the wee breaks today that maybe they ain't had this season

Big big game now next week at Neilston,same team a must!!!

...Glencairn will play worse and win...

That's a fair assessment. The brilliant save by Lamb from Ross McNeil's excellent free kick was crucial, as that would have made it 2-2 and we were very much on the front foot at that time. But goalkeepers are as much a part of the team as a striker, so well done to him for the save, it looked a goal all the way.

We didn't defend well at all today, and we need to sort that out quickly. We created a good few chances, but Vics defended well and took their chances when they came along.

It was obvious how much it meant to your support to get their first win in the Super Leagues, I just wish it hadn't been against my team. :bairn

That's a fair assessment. The brilliant save by Lamb from Ross McNeil's excellent free kick was crucial, as that would have made it 2-2 and we were very much on the front foot at that time. But goalkeepers are as much a part of the team as a striker, so well done to him for the save, it looked a goal all the way.

We didn't defend well at all today, and we need to sort that out quickly. We created a good few chances, but Vics defended well and took their chances when they came along.

It was obvious how much it meant to your support to get their first win in the Super Leagues, I just wish it hadn't been against my team. :bairn

Was the game recorded today glensmad?

Enjoyed the game today, Glencairn looked very dangerous going forward, it was indeed a great save by Lamie, for the first time this season Vic's got the breaks, officials didn't have good days but that was for both sides

Still plenty of work for Vic's, but formation looked much better today, well done the coaches for making the changes up front, Adams and Ablhor looks to be a good partnership

Roll on next Saturday, looking forward to the return game at Rutherglen too

Ablohr was good back in August very surprised it took until now to get a start in the league!!

Use can still stay up if start winning your home games and pick up odd points away from home. Few teams down there with less than 10 points you can catch over next month.

Archived