Irvine Victoria 2014/2015

irvinevalley

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ffs, reality check required, Irvne Vics had been trying to get out the district league for as long as I can remember. The management team do it in their first season & then show loyalty to the players by giving them the chance to make the step up. In my opinion the right decision as the players deserve this. Also players come & go all the time, it aint the end of the world & u just move on. Just get behind the team & trust the guys that pick it.

Check my original post ya walloper! I stated that the players who won the league last year deserved their chance,but it was a squad that needed strengthened. When the top defence in the league lost one of their main players, in Carlo, a replacement should have been sought right away. Even with that defensive record last season we still needed a commanding centre half,FACT! The reality is the management failed to address this when there were several ideal candidates available locally. It says it all when Darren Miller,of Ardeer,trains with them and then signs for Dalry in the ADL. Gary Russell was our stick out midfielder last year but can't a game because the management, feel the need to pick their 2 "marquee" signings,Davidson & Hannah, who if they were honest,would agree that they haven't delivered. another problem is the persistent selection of Rory Campbell, who appears out of his depth at this level and IMO this gets reaffirmed in every game he plays. However in fairness to Calum, he has been played out position. And there's the root of the problem, players being played out of position to accommodate management favourites or family. Yes, players come and go, however there are players leaving or being left out and it isn't due to lack of ability.

The reality has been checked, out the West and the Scottish before October and lying at the bottom of our league. We need consistency of team selection to start putting together some results and that means picking your strongest 14, because your subs are needed, not your 3 favourites plus 8 others. As paying supporters that is the least we should expect from our management.

Nae worries mate im the walloper! Whereas u seem to think you know better than the management team that got u promoted. Put it this way did Irvine Vics ever look like getting promoted until they came along, I dont think so!

Nae probs I get it now. You must be either family or a former/present favourite who was always a first pick. Listen the management and players done a great job last year for which they were rightly lauded. Nobody has said otherwise and take it fae me the guys like myself who have followed the team for years will never forget it. What you are saying however is that supporters know nothing about football as to have an opinion. We've just to pay our money, watch the game and accept the result,win lose or draw. And then repeat the cycle every week till the seasons over. SHITE!! The players and management have to accept responsibility for what's going on now and not dwelling on last season's success. I would also like to point out that we are a tolerant, and accepting crowd and haven't been critical on match days as we give the guys our full support. That's because we will still be there when this management team, the next team and the one after that move on.

T

PS given my lifelong experience of following the team,taking nothing away from last seasons success, I've seen better Vics teams lose out on promotion over the years. IMO that is,but according to you I'm not allowed an opinion.

PPS notice how no other regular Vics posters have come on to disagree with me and I know a few of the our Medda loving posters feel the same. So in your book we all must be wrong

Nae probs I get it now. You must be either family or a former/present favourite who was always a first pick. Listen the management and players done a great job last year for which they were rightly lauded. Nobody has said otherwise and take it fae me the guys like myself who have followed the team for years will never forget it. What you are saying however is that supporters know nothing about football as to have an opinion. We've just to pay our money, watch the game and accept the result,win lose or draw. And then repeat the cycle every week till the seasons over. SHITE!! The players and management have to accept responsibility for what's going on now and not dwelling on last season's success. I would also like to point out that we are a tolerant, and accepting crowd and haven't been critical on match days as we give the guys our full support. That's because we will still be there when this management team, the next team and the one after that move on.TPS given my lifelong experience of following the team,taking nothing away from last seasons success, I've seen better Vics teams lose out on promotion over the years. IMO that is,but according to you I'm not allowed an opinion.PPS notice how no other regular Vics posters have come on to disagree with me and I know a few of the our Medda loving posters feel the same. So in your book we all must be wrong

Chill out for Christ sake isn't anyone else allowed an opinion ?

And I know beng personally and you couldn't be further wrong regarding who he is so its your turn to be the walloper ;)

Hertha if I'm wrong about the guy I will take your word for it. In my original post I gave an observation. It wasn't hyper critical and asking for others reflection on what appears to be apparent lack of action from the dugout. Last year the guys had it spot on with team selection,tactics and even the effective use of the subs bench. This year we've seen none of that apart from the Largs game. Then we have this Beng whatever come on with the FFS opener and reality checks shite. In essence he was offensive fae the off and dismissive of our right to have an opinon.

T

Been reading the posts with interest (first post myself) & must say I agree with Tombo. Getting Vics out of Ayrshire league was a great achievement for the management team, no doubt about that. This year though the use of the subs in particular has been odd, 3 down at Greenock & no subs used was strange. Defence looks weak & needs bolstered, midfield not creating enough & lie too deep. Up front seems to change every week, there is no consistency in selection.

Check my original post ya walloper! I stated that the players who won the league last year deserved their chance,but it was a squad that needed strengthened. When the top defence in the league lost one of their main players, in Carlo, a replacement should have been sought right away. Even with that defensive record last season we still needed a commanding centre half,FACT! The reality is the management failed to address this when there were several ideal candidates available locally. It says it all when Darren Miller,of Ardeer,trains with them and then signs for Dalry in the ADL. Gary Russell was our stick out midfielder last year but can't a game because the management, feel the need to pick their 2 "marquee" signings,Davidson & Hannah, who if they were honest,would agree that they haven't delivered. another problem is the persistent selection of Rory Campbell, who appears out of his depth at this level and IMO this gets reaffirmed in every game he plays. However in fairness to Calum, he has been played out position. And there's the root of the problem, players being played out of position to accommodate management favourites or family. Yes, players come and go, however there are players leaving or being left out and it isn't due to lack of ability.The reality has been checked, out the West and the Scottish before October and lying at the bottom of our league. We need consistency of team selection to start putting together some results and that means picking your strongest 14, because your subs are needed, not your 3 favourites plus 8 others. As paying supporters that is the least we should expect from our management.

Got to agree with you on Darren miller, Me personally i think he is wasted in the ADL, a thought he would have signed with vics and kept playing the level he is used to. I liked davy wilson when he was at ardeer and i agree again for me rory campbell is out of his depth. The big fella up front is dynamite. Kev? Not sure how he is in this division but adl he was good. IMO Carlo is a good defender but an absolute bellend of a guy

Decent game and result for us today against the Vics. From my own teams point of view we started well , overall good first half for us with a couple of very well taken goals. Vics didn't show much 1st half. Second half we weren't quite as good at the same time the vics upped their game a bit . Penalty you scored with didn't look much from where i was , big keeper was a bit unlucky with our 3rd just one of those mistakes keepers don't get away with . Good bunch of vics fans at the game .

I never came on here Tombo to personally have a go at you & my reply wasnt aimed directly at you even though u seem to have taken it that way.

I am a former team mate of the management team & aint on here to hide behind a user name. I have a lot of time for them & would always back them to the hilt.

Completely agree that you can have ur say. Just looking at it from an outsiders point of you & when u r promoted to a league like the super first Iit aint going to be easy. I know with time they will get things right if they are given the chance. End of.

I never came on here Tombo to personally have a go at you & my reply wasnt aimed directly at you even though u seem to have taken it that way.

I am a former team mate of the management team & aint on here to hide behind a user name. I have a lot of time for them & would always back them to the hilt.

Completely agree that you can have ur say. Just looking at it from an outsiders point of you & when u r promoted to a league like the super first Iit aint going to be easy. I know with time they will get things right if they are given the chance. End of.

If I've got my wires crossed, then I am in the wrong. I have no axe to grind against Stevie & Silky. My cousin who posts on here, as seasiders 85, played under them at saltcoats and says they were the best coaches he worked with. However the consensus down the road is they are exempt from criticism. .as paying supporters we should be able to ask questions and expect a reasonable answer. We have never been anything but supportive during games.

RE today's game, 2 corners 2 goals conceded. Centre half still a priority. Taking Rory Campbell off and replacing him with Calum Davidson was positive. Don't want to start a witch hunt against the boy Campbell but he regularly loses possession and there is a distinct lack of a cutting-edge about his play. Now that Gary Russell is away we've got to start every game with Hannah and Davidson in the middle. The management have to accept that they have been wrong here with Campbell and try to maintain a consistent team selection, which were all highlighted in my first post. Trust me there will be no one more delighted than me if the guys turn it round. T

RRG, where were you standing today? You should have introduced yourself.

I was standing next to a few Roy fans today at the cabin. Was me giving out the scores, few Vics fans were next to us.

I think your posts are overall good to read, you obviously want your team to do well and like to express how you feel. Your bang on with the paying supporters bit, you pay your money and no doubt give a bit more to your club so you have every right to express your thoughts. If folk don't like it they should go and play amateur football.

If I've got my wires crossed, then I am in the wrong. I have no axe to grind against Stevie & Silky. My cousin who posts on here, as seasiders 85, played under them at saltcoats and says they were the best coaches he worked with. However the consensus down the road is they are exempt from criticism. .as paying supporters we should be able to ask questions and expect a reasonable answer. We have never been anything but supportive during games. RE today's game, 2 corners 2 goals conceded. Centre half still a priority. Taking Rory Campbell off and replacing him with Calum Davidson was positive. Don't want to start a witch hunt against the boy Campbell but he regularly loses possession and there is a distinct lack of a cutting-edge about his play. Now that Gary Russell is away we've got to start every game with Hannah and Davidson in the middle. The management have to accept that they have been wrong here with Campbell and try to maintain a consistent team selection, which were all highlighted in my first post. Trust me there will be no one more delighted than me if the guys turn it round. T

Tombo I asked you a question earlier in the week where is Gary Russell off too?

Archived