Irvine Victoria 2014/2015

irvinevalley

What's everybody's thoughts on the start of the season, I know 2 points isn't great to look at on the board but considering the teams we've played I think the overall performances haven't been bad.

Could've got a draw against Shettleston and could've won our last 2 games.

I definitely think that we can pick up the results we just need a bit of luck and things to fall for us!

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's everybody's thoughts on the start of the season, I know 2 points isn't great to look at on the board but considering the teams we've played I think the overall performances haven't been bad.

Could've got a draw against Shettleston and could've won our last 2 games.

I definitely think that we can pick up the results we just need a bit of luck and things to fall for us!

I think silky and stevie are using the vics as a stepping stone as they have done at previous clubs, but i personally think they are kidding themselves at this level and are defo being found out. They have no loyalty whatsoever and will abandon the vics as soon as they get a sniff of money from somewhere else. Can see yous getting relegated and those 2 dumplings again trying to wing it at a higher level. Terrible pair who last 2 years max! Watch this space

I think silky and stevie are using the vics as a stepping stone as they have done at previous clubs, but i personally think they are kidding themselves at this level and are defo being found out. They have no loyalty whatsoever and will abandon the vics as soon as they get a sniff of money from somewhere else. Can see yous getting relegated and those 2 dumplings again trying to wing it at a higher level. Terrible pair who last 2 years max! Watch this space

So how does that mean that Irvine isn't capable of 2 teams?

And Silky and Stevie have been the best managers for years at Vics park and they don't owe us anything, if a bigger club comes along then they are more than entitled to further their career.

And the comment about being found out is a lot of shite. Played 3 of the faves for promotion out of first 4 games, not picked up as many points as we would've liked yet but the performances are there n the points will follow. A couple of our games could've easily been wins so far but not to be.

So how does that mean that Irvine isn't capable of 2 teams?

And Silky and Stevie have been the best managers for years at Vics park and they don't owe us anything, if a bigger club comes along then they are more than entitled to further their career.

And the comment about being found out is a lot of shite. Played 3 of the faves for promotion out of first 4 games, not picked up as many points as we would've liked yet but the performances are there n the points will follow. A couple of our games could've easily been wins so far but not to be.

I never said anything about irvine having 2 teams, Imo you are not very ambitious if you think its ok to for a bigger club to come along and enhance your mangers careers, Maybe you should go along with them as you seem to be there personal fan club other than a vics supporter. Your club should always come first. If they are as good as you say then why would the club let them go and join a "Bigger" team instead of try and reach the goal themselves?

I never said anything about irvine having 2 teams, Imo you are not very ambitious if you think its ok to for a bigger club to come along and enhance your mangers careers, Maybe you should go along with them as you seem to be there personal fan club other than a vics supporter. Your club should always come first. If they are as good as you say then why would the club let them go and join a "Bigger" team instead of try and reach the goal themselves?

I've been a Vics fan long before they came n will be long after they've gone. Doesn't mean I can't state the facts in how good they've been for us. But let's be realistic here if let's say for instance the Cumnock job is up for grabs just now(just an example). They have much better resources than us hence why they're

a premier club. At the end of the day if they want to move on at the end of a given season there's nothing the club can do.

I see your point but Do you really think those guys could cut it at cumnock? I know its just for talk sake but i don't see them as premier managers. I do believe however the vics have a good set up just not under those 2. Its working just now but they will not be able to cope when the goings get tough. Im sorry sir but i don't rate them.

I see your point but Do you really think those guys could cut it at cumnock? I know its just for talk sake but i don't see them as premier managers. I do believe however the vics have a good set up just not under those 2. Its working just now but they will not be able to cope when the goings get tough. Im sorry sir but i don't rate them.

Fair enough everybody is entitled to their opinion, personally I think they're a good match for us as I can only go on what I've seen from them and that's a title winning season.

A lot of people share the opinion you have but for me I think they're good managers and hope they do stay at the club and continue to do well like they have.

Fair enough everybody is entitled to their opinion, personally I think they're a good match for us as I can only go on what I've seen from them and that's a title winning season.

A lot of people share the opinion you have but for me I think they're good managers and hope they do stay at the club and continue to do well like they have.

Tbh i like that you are optimistic about your club and hopefully i am wrong for the sake of the vics, All the best for the season. I will be at the derby game v Ardeer, Always a good game with lots of passion as long as the ardeer fans are in the stands this time :-D

Tbh i like that you are optimistic about your club and hopefully i am wrong for the sake of the vics, All the best for the season. I will be at the derby game v Ardeer, Always a good game with lots of passion as long as the ardeer fans are in the stands this time :-D

Cheers sir. Everybody enjoys the Vics-Ardeer games, there's nothing not to like haha. Always a good game and like you said full of passion.

Cant see anything other than Irvine Vics going back down to the Ayrshire District.

Few guys talking them up at the start of the season, brought back down to earth now.

Tough season ahead.

How many times have you seen them this season?

ardeer r up to? win yer home games n build

Ardeer will stay up imo, they have a lot of players who never give up and seem to have a buzz around the place now Derek Cook has left. It will be interesting to see how Irvine v Ardeer goes

To be honest i havent seen them this season. Hopefully i will tomorrow if the rain goes off.

Just going on what i've seen and heard from the other teams in the division.

Seen them last year and thought they were poor, despite winning promotion. And from what i've read they've lost a few players. Just my opinion but i think the other promoted sides are better equipped, and given the standard of the league cant see them staying up.

4 games into a 26 match season,which we always knew was going to be tough,and we certainly haven't been brought back to earth. Performances have been good, making loads of chances,just need to stop giving easy goals away. Cut the mistakes out,go on a wee run and we should be okay. My only criticism of the management team is the failure to secure a strong centre half. Bruce McMaster is a good signing but another forward was not a priority addition. IMO.

Archived