Stirlingshire Cup 2014-15

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have heard that the draw has been made for next seasons cup

We get F**kirk and Stirling get Alloa

Only draws I know and no dates yet

• 1 month later...

The 2014/15 final held over from last year was held this evening at Ochilview, and Stenny won 4-3 on penalties after a 1-1 draw. Andrew Kay put Shire ahead early in the second half, Alan Smith equalised for Stenny with a few minutes left.

A pretty good crowd, maybe 300. Nothing in the programme about when any of this year's fixtures might be played.

2015-16 Stirlingshire Cup

First Round

East Stirlingshire v Falkirk

Stirling Albion v Alloa Athletic

Semi-Finals

East Stirlingshire/Falkirk v Dumbarton

Stirling Albion/Alloa Athletic v Stenhousemuir

Dumbarton should withdraw from this and have the Dunbartonshire Cup played over a one-day pre-season with Clydebank, Yoker and the Vale Juniors. Shortened matches with either a semi-final & final or a group.

Alloas game with Stirling is next Monday (27th), kick off 7:15pm and is being played at Alloas ground.

Understand we are putting out the U20`S Development team for this match, so depending on how strong the team Alloa put out they should win imo.

We've given our youngsters a run out in this competition for the last few seasons and I don't expect it to change on Monday, despite us having a new manager. It's sandwiched in between two cup weekends for our first team at Brora and Berwick (and Dumfries the week after) so I expect this to be a development squad versus development squad fixture and keep our first team as fresh and injury-free as we can for the league starting.

Some poor c***s have had a hard shift if that was the Binos u20 team.

Would have been a tanking if Layne hadn't been so useless when presented with chances.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived