The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2014-2015

glensmad

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've watched every set of highlights that lokforever has put up this season and I must say how impressed I am with them, especially imo Tom Hanlon and Findlay Frye. I think the both of them are excellent as well as John Sweeney. They'll continue to sweep their way through this league and win it at a canter.

Saturday's fixtures :-

Ardeer Thistle (10th) v Greenock Juniors (9th)

Maybole Juniors (4th) v Irvine Victoria (12th)

Rutherglen Glencairn (5th) v Cumbernauld United (7th)

With the rest of the league on cup duty, the teams on league business have the chance to gain some ground on teams above them.

Game of the day looks to be Glencairn v Cumbernauld, although Maybole v Irvine Vics could be interesting given the visitors' recent back-to-back wins. The prize for the winner of Ardeer v Greenock could be a jump up to the top half of the table.

With the rest of the league on cup duty, the teams on league business have the chance to gain some ground on teams above them.

Game of the day looks to be Glencairn v Cumbernauld, although Maybole v Irvine Vics could be interesting given the visitors' recent back-to-back wins. The prize for the winner of Ardeer v Greenock could be a jump up to the top half of the table.

Time for the glens to put down a marker in this division. From what I have seen there is no great difference between most teams with the exception of Pollock. A couple of wins could push teams right up the table and ease any fears of being dragged in to a relegation battle.

I'll check the Glencairn centenary book when I get home this evening, it has all our cup results up to 1996.

It was good to see Stephen Reid talking to Ross Ballantyne near the end of the game as both had been substituted, and there was no bad feeling, Ross knew himself it was an accident.

simpsons.jpg

Did ye know hen,that in 1897 Glens drew wi' a Rangers select in a friendly played on the Glesca Green? I think oor park was waterlogged at the time.

Time for the glens to put down a marker in this division. From what I have seen there is no great difference between most teams with the exception of Pollock. A couple of wins could push teams right up the table and ease any fears of being dragged in to a relegation battle.

It's POLLOK, ffs!!! How many times??? :angry:

Ach well, you'll only need to worry about us for one season, so never mind eh? :lol:

It's POLLOK, ffs!!! How many times??? :angry:

Ach well, you'll only need to worry about us for one season, so never mind eh? :lol:

Think it's the predictive spelling, although going by the past, it's easy to reel one of you in!

Massive game for us on sat, Hopefully get back to winning ways

Ardeer Thistle v Greenock Juniors - Crucial game for both teams, and a big opportunity for both teams to climb up to mid table. Both teams are conceding a fair amount of goals but scoring them as well, so this could be an entertaining game.

Maybole Juniors v Irvine Victoria - The hosts would go 2nd with a win, but they meet a Vics side in good form after back-to-back wins. An away win would see Vics jump out of the drop zone. I know I predicted this last week with Maybole and it ended up goalless, but this could be a high-scoring game again.

Rutherglen Glencairn v Cumbernauld United - Glens could go 4th or possibly 3rd with a win, but a 2-goal win for United would see them leapfrog us into 5th place. It's hard to predict matches between these two, Glens have won the last two in Rutherglen and United have won the last two in Cumbernauld, so I'm hoping home advantage will tell in our favour again.

Archived