The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2014-2015

glensmad

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's way too early to say what you're saying. I do understand what you're saying and what you're trying to do, but I and most others can see right through it. I don't believe for one second that you don't believe that the likes of Rob Roy, Largs, Maybole, Cumbernauld and Shettleston will give up on a top two place after only five matches of the season. C'mon, behave yourself.

If anyone offered me a point at the start of the game I would've taken it but after the second half I'm very disappointed to only walk away with a point. After drawing level we hit the post and missed 2 sitters, should've went on and won it in the second half. The sending off for Largs at the end was silly but didn't effect the game as it was too late on.

Maybole leaking 5 goals again today I see. They have the worst unfit defenders in that league, I said from the start that they would struggle defensively after watching them twice this year. I saw the lad peacock last week and let me tell ye milk could turn quicker than him. That's 13 from 3 games that I know of :o

Took a good opportunity today with our blank weekend to take in the cup tie featuring two teams just promoted up to this league, Shettleston v Ardeer, especially useful with us playing Shettleston next week. Ardeer started the game well and took the lead reasonably early in the game, but they fell out of it badly when Shettleston had a man sent off, and the ten men deserved to come back and win. I was quite surprised at how lacklustre Ardeer were after going in front, but well done to Shettleston for rolling up their sleeves and getting the job done. We will have a hard game there next Saturday, no doubt about it.

What u think of the sending off Glensmad......?

It was a strange incident. From where I was standing, I thought the striker got the touch on the ball and was fouled, but the guys around me thought it was the defender who touched the ball. However, regardless of that, it was never a red card as the striker was about to be tackled from both sides and there's no way it was a "clear goal scoring opportunity". Also, the incident was right in the centre of the goal, so I was baffled why the free kick was taken away to the side, making it easier for Ardeer to get an angle to hit the target.

What u think of the sending off Glensmad......?

I didn't think it was a red card either, not that I was complaining at the time.

The ref actually explained his decision to me post-match, saying that although he thought your defender had got a touch on the ball, it was a dangerous challenge he'd taken out our striker with, or something to that effect.

The opinions of Ardeer fans around me at the time was divided, although I'm sure if we were to go back we'd have preferred for the player just to be booked, as we somehow played a lot better against 11 men than 10.

It's way too early to say what you're saying. I do understand what you're saying and what you're trying to do, but I and most others can see right through it. I don't believe for one second that you don't believe that the likes of Rob Roy, Largs, Maybole, Cumbernauld and Shettleston will give up on a top two place after only five matches of the season. C'mon, behave yourself.

Way to early to rule teams out for sure, our last 3 seasons participating in this division proved just that, the season we won the west , we lost our first 4 games in the super 1st then IIRC we narrowly missed out on a playoff spot to the Buffs in the end. The following season when we got promoted, again we had a poor start and trailed Lanark most of the season. Then 2 years ago think we lost our first 3 and had only won something like 2 out of our first 8 fixtures and eventually went up in 2nd place, only a point behind champions Hurlford. Plenty fitba still to be played.

Similarly it can work the other way. Kello Rovers won 6 of their first 7 and drew the other, but ended up relegated. The season before saw Ardrossan also start really well, but end up avoiding relegation due to an injury time goal in the last game.

If anyone offered me a point at the start of the game I would've taken it but after the second half I'm very disappointed to only walk away with a point. After drawing level we hit the post and missed 2 sitters, should've went on and won it in the second half. The sending off for Largs at the end was silly but didn't effect the game as it was too late on.

IMO That old saying a game of two halves springs to mind! First half Largs dominated and failed to take the chances made. Second half Vics took control and without doubt they missed some too! A point each not really what either team would be happy with. Onwards and upwards! Come on Theeeeeessssel!

IMO That old saying a game of two halves springs to mind! First half Largs dominated and failed to take the chances made. Second half Vics took control and without doubt they missed some too! A point each not really what either team would be happy with. Onwards and upwards! Come on Theeeeeessssel!

Definitely agree, should have been over by half time but we came out flying second half and unlucky not to win in the end. Good game for a neutral.

Who do we think will go up and who will go down? Has any teams surprised anyone?

There's no harm in making predictions based on what has happened so far, but I wouldn't put your mortgage on anything based on them. ;-)

I keep saying it, but season 2012-13 showed how much things can change in this league. Over the first 7 games of the season, Kello Rovers took 19 points and Kilbirnie Ladeside took 5 points. Kello Rovers ended up relegated by a 6-point margin, and Kilbirnie Ladeside ended up automatically promoted by a 5-point margin.

There are loads of twists and turns still to come.

I keep saying it, but season 2012-13 showed how much things can change in this league. Over the first 7 games of the season, Kello Rovers took 19 points and Kilbirnie Ladeside took 5 points. Kello Rovers ended up relegated by a 6-point margin, and Kilbirnie Ladeside ended up automatically promoted by a 5-point margin.

FFS gonna no mention that again !!!

FFS gonna no mention that again !!!

I'll do you a deal. I'll stop pointing out the sensible truth, when you stop talking absolutely nonsense like saying everybody else will be battling for 3rd place if we win at Shettleston on Saturday. Fair ?

Next Saturday's games :-

Ardeer Thistle (5th) v Yoker Athletic (6th)

Greenock Juniors (10th) v Irvine Victoria (11th)

Kilsyth Rangers (14th) v Largs Thistle (13th)

Kirkintilloch Rob Roy (4th) v Cumbernauld United (9th)

Pollok (1st) v Neilston Juniors (8th)

Shettleston (7th) V Rutherglen Glencairn (2nd)

Thorniewood United (12th) v Maybole Juniors (3rd)

Archived