The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2014-2015

glensmad

It is indeed and I'm quietly confident we can have a decent season, visit some new ground, enjoy ourselves and show a few folk what we're about... But like I said survival is the aim in my opinion.

Keep your defence and you'll be fine.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who knows what will pan out but you could have a wee bet that Glens will play about 8 games a week choosing from a squad of 274 - have 74 postponements and escape relegation by the skin o their haw maws again. 8/11's a fair bet

Lol. ;-)

It's not out of the question that Ardeer and Irvine Vics could do very well. Teams have come up from the District Leagues before and won the Super 1st at the first attempt (e,g, Troon, Rutherglen Glencairn), and others have been promoted (e.g. Ashfield). Others, however, have made very good starts but fallen away badly over the season (e.g. Ardrossan Winton Rovers, Kello Rovers).

It is a tough tough league, and a team could be sitting in fourth place all season and still be in danger of relegation. It's a hard league to climb out of, but a very easy league to drop out of.

I'm hoping that my team will be stronger next season, knowing just a little of what is going on in the background, but I have no doubt there is a lot I don't know (yet, lol). We had a number of major personnel blows right at the start of the season where we lost five major players from the squad, and we took a good few months to settle after that. I'm just pleased we managed to do enough to stay in the league because the players we lost were major players for us, and they all dropped out of the squad in about a two or three week spell, leaving us in a fair bit of turmoil. Hopefully this summer things will be a bit better and we'll go into the season with the personnel that we have prepared through pre-season with.

That long ago!

Lanark United were n the Super 1st in season 2011-12, and were n the Super Premier the season before that. They are one of the teams to have fallen straight through the Super 1st and into the District League, the most recent being Ashfield this season.

Well surely we can't start the season as bad again, we got something like 2pts from the first 18 available , so then it was an uphill struggle from then on ! We were capable of beating anyone in the league on our day or getting beat depending on what team turned up , need consistency, says that could apply to any team in this mad division ! Lol.

It's not out of the question that Ardeer and Irvine Vics could do very well. Teams have come up from the District Leagues before and won the Super 1st at the first attempt (e,g, Troon, Rutherglen Glencairn), and others have been promoted (e.g. Ashfield). Others, however, have made very good starts but fallen away badly over the season (e.g. Ardrossan Winton Rovers, Kello Rovers).

It is a tough tough league, and a team could be sitting in fourth place all season and still be in danger of relegation. It's a hard league to climb out of, but a very easy league to drop out of.

I'm hoping that my team will be stronger next season, knowing just a little of what is going on in the background, but I have no doubt there is a lot I don't know (yet, lol). We had a number of major personnel blows right at the start of the season where we lost five major players from the squad, and we took a good few months to settle after that. I'm just pleased we managed to do enough to stay in the league because the players we lost were major players for us, and they all dropped out of the squad in about a two or three week spell, leaving us in a fair bit of turmoil. Hopefully this summer things will be a bit better and we'll go into the season with the personnel that we have prepared through pre-season with.

So long as they all try In every game then that's good enough for me.

If they don't try every game then they may end up paying the Pryce and end up hungry upon only two ex players In Derek Hewitt and kris irvine showing the general decency to show up for post match food :(

Disgusting . :(

I would agree with irvinevicsman but if i was the gaffer of either teams then ofcourse survival but i would love a good cup run in either of the cups , Irvine vics very capable as bein 1 of the strongest defences and ardeer bein joint too scorers in league

Maybole won the league 2 years ago with the best defence in the league, conceding less than 20 goals, and we survived on the last day of the season the following year, with a great win away to rutherglen!

I think the first aim for vics and ardeer should be for survival, and anything else is a bonus!

Another sob story we lost players , get a grip every team loses players deal with it

As I said on the previous thread, I know you were desperate for us to go down, but tough luck. Dry your eyes.

rutherglen have came right into form at the right time to be fair, will you guys have all these injured/unavailable players back for next season?

Sean McGuire is already back with us, I'm not sure about the others at the moment.

Not sure tbh mate but ive seen them a few times last season and thought the spine of their team was really strong , Any1 who can score 20 odd goals from midfield are surely strong from the middle and with the 3 at the bk , It works against alot of teams

Not sure tbh mate but ive seen them a few times last season and thought the spine of their team was really strong , Any1 who can score 20 odd goals from midfield are surely strong from the middle and with the 3 at the bk , It works against alot of teams

Shearer has retired has he not? You will need someone decent to replace him.

Archived