The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2014-2015

glensmad

I think achievement should be generally based on the biggest wage and transfer expenditure, therefore quite rightly Pollok are massive favourites. I don't really think the history of a club and fan base has a massive impact.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can you say your facilities are on par with Largs when your park is called of every time there's a bit of rain , having been to both there is no contest Largs is much better

I was referring to the social club etc. Our 4G is amazing though, was very sceptical of artificial surfaces years ago but now it's apparent that it's the future of the junior game

no doubt he will mate. Correct me if I'm wrong did he get more clean sheets in his short spell at end of season than you got before he came?? BTW tell wullie my agents fees haven't came through yet haha some good experience in your squad now in key areas

Right Jon how do you think the Roy will get on? And do you know johnny Murdoch? You seem to know every keeper ha? What kind of keeper is he?

How can you say your facilities are on par with Largs when your park is called of every time there's a bit of rain , having been to both there is no contest Largs is much better

No doubt Largs' pitch is better than ours, I wish we had a 4G pitch. But Barrfields_Largs wasn't referring to the pitch.

I was referring to the social club etc. Our 4G is amazing though, was very sceptical of artificial surfaces years ago but now it's apparent that it's the future of the junior game

You may not be aware, but The Glencairn Venue is a separate business unconnected in entity with the football club. The football club own the building, but we do not run the business that operates there, nor do we get a revenue from it other than rent or the occasional fundraising event that they host for us.

So let me get this right , glencairn own the social club but let it out and get rent money , that club is busy every weekend and does a good turn with funerals christening weddings etc , sounds like good bit of business NOT

It is a very well run club in its current form. The previous Glencairn Social Club business closed down.

So let me get this right , glencairn own the social club but let it out and get rent money , that club is busy every weekend and does a good turn with funerals christening weddings etc , sounds like good bit of business NOT

Casual glens fan i was speaking to is hoping for a top three finish, you should be up there for sure was my reply. He was saying the manager owns and runs the venue?

Manager of the club and team very cosy no chance of him getting the bullet then

No need for him to get the bullet while he has the team finishing top half of Super League Division One on the resources the club provides.

Think of the disgust that was expressed on here when Thorniewood sacked their manager after the same level of performance, a club with similar resources to us in my opinion.

Manager of the club and team very cosy no chance of him getting the bullet then

Yeah very interesting indeed if things were to go horribly wrong.

Got to be fair though he took on a very difficult job, similar to our manager, had to build a brand new team and try stay in premier. Overall the guy has done a decent job at glens but with the squad they have, they should be and will be for me in top positions,., another season down at bottom would be pushing it a bit.

It is a very well run club in its current form. The previous Glencairn Social Club business closed down.

I was in `the picture house' having a meal one Sunday afternoon about a year ago & a couple of guys I know came in & said that they'd been across the road in the 'glencairn club/venue' having a drink , but left in disgust because an Irish Republican band were playing & having a 'collection' for something,

Surely not?

I was in `the picture house' having a meal one Sunday afternoon about a year ago & a couple of guys I know came in & said that they'd been across the road in the 'glencairn club/venue' having a drink , but left in disgust because an Irish Republican band were playing & having a 'collection' for something, Surely not?

I couldn't tell you, the Venue isn't run by the football club, so whatever events happen in there are not decided by the football club.

Yes that would be right and for glensmad to give the I don't have a clue is a joke he knows what goes on in the club it's common knowledge and to compare themselves with thorniewood is a cracker ,

I know some of the events that take place, but not all. But, at the end of the day, whatever events are on has got nothing to do with the football club.

Right Jon how do you think the Roy will get on? And do you know johnny Murdoch? You seem to know every keeper ha? What kind of keeper is he?

I think the Roy will be up there. Yes I know johnny he's a top keeper and I believe his short spell out the game will benefit the Roy as he'll have a point to prove that he's on of the best in the juniors IMO

Archived