The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2014-2015

glensmad

Is it too early to start this thread, with a few games of the current season still to play ? Just about all of the issues are settled now, so we may as well get the new thread going.

The competing teams, in alphabetical order, are as follows :-

Ardeer Thistle

Cumbernauld United

Irvine Victoria

Greenock Juniors

Kilsyth Rangers

Kirkintilloch Rob Roy

Largs Thistle

Neilston Juniors

Maybole Juniors

Pollok

Rutherglen Glencairn

Shettleston

Thorniewood United

Yoker Athletic

I know it's way too early to make informed predictions, but just for fun and to get the thread going, how do we see the 1-14 panning out ?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it too early to start this thread, with a few games of the current season still to play ? Just about all of the issues are settled now, so we may as well get the new thread going.

The competing teams, in alphabetical order, are as follows :-

Ardeer Thistle

Cumbernauld United

Irvine Victoria

Greenock Juniors

Kilsyth Rangers

Kirkintilloch Rob Roy or Shotts Bon Accord

Neilston Juniors

Maybole Juniors

Rutherglen Glencairn

Shettleston

Thorniewood United

Yoker Athletic

I know it's way too early to make informed predictions, but just for fun and to get the thread going, how do we see the 1-14 panning out ? No offence to Shotts, but I hope Rob Roy win the play-off so Glencairn aren't starting the season in the relegation zone alphabetically again. :-P

What happened to Pollok and Largs?

One thing I do notice is that there are only four Ayrshire teams in the league. Two of them are the two automatic promotions from the Ayrshire District League (Ardeer Thistle and Irvine Victoria) and one of the others is Largs Thistle, relegated from the Super Premier League. Only one of this season's Ayrshire teams remain in the league (Maybole Juniors), with two Ayrshire teams being promoted and one relegated this season.

That'll save the Central teams a wee bit in terms of booking buses, and may boost the crowds a wee bit as well with games being easier to get to for the Central-based fans, especially with Pollok in the league.

1) Pollok

2) Largs

3) Shotts/Rob Roy

4-12) Assorted diddies

/thread

. Assorted diddies? A would include your mob in that as well. What makes you think you will finish behind the mighty fallen which is pollok. I seen Largs twice last year when we put you out the scottish cup, believe me there are better teams in the super first than largs.

. Assorted diddies? A would include your mob in that as well. What makes you think you will finish behind the mighty fallen which is pollok. I seen Largs twice last year when we put you out the scottish cup, believe me there are better teams in the super first than largs.

Here here.

Sandy's plan A:

Lump the ball forward for James marks to chase.

Sandy's plan B:

Sandy's plan C:

You can see where this is going here.

Also, it would do you a world of good Barrfields to drop your arrogance level somewhat.

Here here.

Sandy's plan A:

Sandy's plan B:

Sandy's plan C:

You can see where this is going here.

Also, it would do you a world of good Barrfields to drop your arrogance level somewhat.

Sandys brand of fitba isn't as complicated as that. It's just lump the ball as far as you can

1) Pollok

2) Largs

3) Shotts/Rob Roy

4-12) Assorted diddies

/thread

Lol, a couple of weeks ago you had Largs winning the league by Christmas. Now you're finishing second. By the time the season starts you'll be predicting relegation.

Tube.

Lol, a couple of weeks ago you had Largs winning the league by Christmas. Now you're finishing second. By the time the season starts you'll be predicting relegation.

Tube.

The last time we were in this thread resulted in you running and showing your team my posts to "motivate" them. Id probably just take the lesson from that if I was you.

Gonna be a different Pollok team next season, but if we want to go straight back up we will need to hit the ground running. Looks like a tough league as ever though but looking forward to being a part of it. 5 new places for me personally as well.

The last time we were in this thread resulted in you running and showing your team my posts to "motivate" them. Id probably just take the lesson from that if I was you.

Last time you were in this thread we beat you on your own patch, playing with 10 men for an hour and keeping a clean sheet.

Last time you were in this thread we beat you on your own patch, playing with 10 men for an hour and keeping a clean sheet.

Oh, and before you predictably respond with "we thumped you 5-1 at your place", remember that was the Saturday after New Year and our boys were still hungover, lol. ;-)

By the way, our guys are capable of reading this forum for themselves, I don't need to go running to anybody. They know who says what and who the numpties are. ;-)

Archived