East Region South Division Thread 2014-2015

Burnie_man

believe me, it's well thought through. Like i said on previous post, he's a driven business man and made a success of everything else he's done, and he's driven to do same wi Tranent. So we will just have to wait and see what happens

So will he be trying to get the services of johnny then?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

believe me, it's well thought through. Like i said on previous post, he's a driven business man and made a success of everything else he's done, and he's driven to do same wi Tranent. So we will just have to wait and see what happens

Yes but a driven business man who you say has been successful will be based largely on income generated through said businesses. A junior football team like Tranent has in commercial potential. As I said unless he is going to underwrite blank cheques for the next ten years I can't see how it will work. Unless he has major and regular sponsors, a business plan etc. I like many will watch this develop with interest. Did Vladimir Romanov ever own a business in Tranent lol

Yes but a driven business man who you say has been successful will be based largely on income generated through said businesses. A junior football team like Tranent has in commercial potential. As I said unless he is going to underwrite blank cheques for the next ten years I can't see how it will work. Unless he has major and regular sponsors, a business plan etc. I like many will watch this develop with interest. Did Vladimir Romanov ever own a business in Tranent lol

he's got a business plan on the table with a good few sponsors backing him already I'm led to believe, so i like you will watch with interest how it pans out.

It will end in tears, it always does.

When will clubs realise sustainability and youth development are the way forward, rather than a sugar daddy with an open cheque book which will eventually run out of cheques?

When will clubs realise sustainability and youth development are the way forward, rather than a sugar daddy with an open cheque book which will eventually run out of cheques?

100% correct, tHis is the purpose in all these junior teams having under 19 and 21s teams. But then again I know Tranent had a very successful u21s team but most struggled to make the step up so no team can get all players from a youth set up just maybe 2/3 a season.

if the money Man does come in at Tranent be interesting to see if he keeps the current coaching staff

Vast improvement in the last month from Tranent on the pitch lets hope it continues . 1 worry is we have looked short of bodies the last few weeks with only a couple of subs named

only time will tell. I for 1 hope it works out cause I would like to see Tranent back to the level they were at years ago.

Excellent news

Chuffed for the people running the club who have put in a lot of hard work over the last 5 or so years. More of our youth teams can now use the main pitch, and we will have 3 full size grass pitches next door.

Will probably mean the Juniors will need to shift home games before the end of the season.

Great news if your team plays in Linlithgow, Broxburn, Blackburn or Fauldhouse. Do Linlithgow, Broxburn and Blackburn not have enough facilities considering that the Council have previously pumped money into these places. What about Stoneyburn and Whitburn? Whitburn in particular have had no changing facilities for over a year now and until now have had no help from WLC.

Going back to the possible business deal for Tranent. Who in their right mind would want to invest their money in a team who rarely have a dozen supporters at their games and play in a public park and have a long history of failure. I cannot see what a businessman can gain in terms of advertising, attracting money or achieving long term success in such a venture. Is this not what happened at Bathgate, Ballingry et al.

Great news if your team plays in Linlithgow, Broxburn, Blackburn or Fauldhouse. Do Linlithgow, Broxburn and Blackburn not have enough facilities considering that the Council have previously pumped money into these places. What about Stoneyburn and Whitburn? Whitburn in particular have had no changing facilities for over a year now and until now have had no help from WLC.

I can't answer for any other clubs/communities but we played at decrepit facilities as I'm sure you know, but over the course of the last 7-8 years the club have built an SFA accredited Community Club from scratch and worked exceptionally hard to secure funding. Before then WLC pumped nothing into football facilities in Blackburn. Congratulations to those at the club who worked hard to achieve this.

Archived