East Region South Division Thread 2014-2015

Burnie_man

Plenty times, nae ambition or he would have moved up the leagues when he had the chance

I think you have to take a few different factors into account.

Have you been to Dunbar? Its a fair distance away from a lot of 'top' clubs. Sam is local to Dunbar and that's always a big pull. You don't know his work situation either, can he commit to playing for a club miles away based on the job he carries out? Thats the real earner in life, isn't it?

Sam is still very young and, in my opinion, the best striker currently plying his trade in the south division. McQuillan has been at Blackburn for several years before making the jump, so the comparison on ambition isn't quite a relative measure.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plenty times, nae ambition or he would have moved up the leagues when he had the chance

What a load of pish, he's been playing junior for 3 years, and previously he was with Berwick who I think might be a few leagues above us. It didn't work out for him at Berwick and he has done a great job for Dunbar. There are a lot of factors that players take in to consideration, as McEwan has pointed out, but you would like to give the impression that you know or think you know, that he could have went elsewhere, just like you think you know about McQuillans transfer. Players in lower leagues can only move up, if someone asks them, and Sam needs to keep doing what he is good at, scoring goals, for that too happen. Nobody , but you, is saying McQuillan is a better player, they are different and again, how long has he been at Blackburn, before he allegedly showed ambition to play at a higher level. Sam might not be the best player in the league, but what he is one of the best at, is scoring.

Another striker to throw into the mix, Mark Wilkins at Fauldhouse. Pace in abundance and now scoring goals in the super league. I think back to Sauchie and Broxburn being in the league in the last 10 years, both with top strikers.

What a load of pish, he's been playing junior for 3 years, and previously he was with Berwick who I think might be a few leagues above us. It didn't work out for him at Berwick and he has done a great job for Dunbar. There are a lot of factors that players take in to consideration, as McEwan has pointed out, but you would like to give the impression that you know or think you know, that he could have went elsewhere, just like you think you know about McQuillans transfer. Players in lower leagues can only move up, if someone asks them, and Sam needs to keep doing what he is good at, scoring goals, for that too happen. Nobody , but you, is saying McQuillan is a better player, they are different and again, how long has he been at Blackburn, before he allegedly showed ambition to play at a higher level. Sam might not be the best player in the league, but what he is one of the best at, is scoring.

He could have went to Dalkeith and Edinburgh in the summer. Yeah your right he's not the best player but can finish, Andy is a better all round player and he too can finish, could young get a game for the hoose no not for me but Andy can.

A bit excited saying he's the best striker for the last 10 years. How come he's no Scotland junior caps and Sean Jamieson has? Strange

I think he's meaning in the division, and I don't think any South Division player has ever won a Scotland Junior cap whilst playing in it!

I think he's meaning in the division, and I don't think any South Division player has ever won a Scotland Junior cap whilst playing in it!

yes i know what hes saying. sean left haddington and 16 months later he was in the scotland junior set up. there is not a hope in hell mcquillan hes been the best striker in that league for the last 10 years, debatable whether he was just now. maybe the most consistant scoring 20+ every season

He could have went to Dalkeith and Edinburgh in the summer. Yeah your right he's not the best player but can finish, Andy is a better all round player and he too can finish, could young get a game for the hoose no not for me but Andy can.

And who are you to "know" that he could of gone to Edinburgh or Dalkeith?? Also to say he lacks ambition is a bit pathetic,as Mcewan points out there are many varying factors to consider eg. Work commitments or maybe just the AMBITION to try and see if he could get promoted under new management with his local team, I'm pretty certain you don't know Sam's personal commitments that may have played apart in turning down these clubs for the time being if in fact they did approach him.

I can't make a judgement who is the better player, and to be honest I'm not as fussed about proving who is, all I will say is watching mcquillan vs Dunbar for the past few seasons (only games I've seen him play) I've not been overly impressed but good luck to him at fauldhouse

Cammy@dunbar I find your comments quite strange that you think Sam only scores, there is much more to his game than that eg. If you look at the Dunbar website statistics for last season (not counting assists on website this season) he also finished the season as the player with the most assists so that shows there is a lot more to his game than you suggest.

Obviously everyone has their own opinion but littlefacker is clearly a troublemaker or just plain sad enough to worry himself so much about how much was paid for Mcquillan and whether or not Sam Young has ambition, you've got to laugh at him!

And who are you to "know" that he could of gone to Edinburgh or Dalkeith?? Also to say he lacks ambition is a bit pathetic,as Mcewan points out there are many varying factors to consider eg. Work commitments or maybe just the AMBITION to try and see if he could get promoted under new management with his local team, I'm pretty certain you don't know Sam's personal commitments that may have played apart in turning down these clubs for the time being if in fact they did approach him.

I can't make a judgement who is the better player, and to be honest I'm not as fussed about proving who is, all I will say is watching mcquillan vs Dunbar for the past few seasons (only games I've seen him play) I've not been overly impressed but good luck to him at fauldhouse

Cammy@dunbar I find your comments quite strange that you think Sam only scores, there is much more to his game than that eg. If you look at the Dunbar website statistics for last season (not counting assists on website this season) he also finished the season as the player with the most assists so that shows there is a lot more to his game than you suggest.

Obviously everyone has their own opinion but littlefacker is clearly a troublemaker or just plain sad enough to worry himself so much about how much was paid for Mcquillan and whether or not Sam Young has ambition, you've got to laugh at him!

Laugh at me or do you laugh at the old sharkey boy biting. As I said Andy's proven over a sustained period of time and is the better of the 2 players. Always looked like troubling teams when I've seen him and can't say as much with young. I know everything re transfer fees and potential movers and shakers so never doubt the falkers info.

What comments do you find strange, is Sam NOT one of the best goal scorers in the league then, and has been every season he has been here.? Because that is what I said, I didn't realise that I was supposed to say all the other things that you want to me to read of a stats page. I prefer to make judgements on the games I have seen, Sam is not only about goals, but that was the argument, you seem to only see Sam in the Dunbar team, there are other players who don't get the recognition Sam gets, because he does most of the scoring, but is there a bit in your stats page that says how many saves Connor Wood has made, because equally, he is as important as any striker , but here's me thinking I was sticking up for Sam.

What comments do you find strange, is Sam NOT one of the best goal scorers in the league then, and has been every season he has been here.? Because that is what I said, I didn't realise that I was supposed to say all the other things that you want to me to read of a stats page. I prefer to make judgements on the games I have seen, Sam is not only about goals, but that was the argument, you seem to only see Sam in the Dunbar team, there are other players who don't get the recognition Sam gets, because he does most of the scoring, but is there a bit in your stats page that says how many saves Connor Wood has made, because equally, he is as important as any striker , but here's me thinking I was sticking up for Sam.

Cammy you have misread what I was saying,and I obviously misread your previous posts, all I was saying that Sam brings much more to the team than just scoring the goals, I think you will find sam's name first came up because of the subject of top goalscorer??, of course there is more to the Dunbar team than Sam, as you say Connor, top keeper that has won games for Dunbar on his own,Chris Grant runs all day long,Danny Taylor can pick a pass, Steven Tait never stops etc. etc.

Cammy you have misread what I was saying,and I obviously misread your previous posts, all I was saying that Sam brings much more to the team than just scoring the goals, I think you will find sam's name first came up because of the subject of top goalscorer??, of course there is more to the Dunbar team than Sam, as you say Connor, top keeper that has won games for Dunbar on his own,Chris Grant runs all day long,Danny Taylor can pick a pass, Steven Tait never stops etc. etc.

Lol a recipe for success, he runs about all day long, kwality, he can pick a pass as he should be able to do and the other ach he tries and never stops, what a team of ballers. Thank god they have young and woods or you might aswell shut the doors now.

I never misread what you said, but I defended him and said what I said. He is one of the best goal scorers in this league and other people on here are saying the same about Sam, with the amount of goals he has scored, but that doesn't seem to be enough for you. Leave it at that and let's hope he continues to score the goals that help Dunbar win games and if he does that, who knows where it might take him.

I never misread what you said, but I defended him and said what I said. He is one of the best goal scorers in this league and other people on here are saying the same about Sam, with the amount of goals he has scored, but that doesn't seem to be enough for you. Leave it at that and let's hope he continues to score the goals that help Dunbar win games and if he does that, who knows where it might take him.

You clearly did misread my post because you seem to be getting your back up at something that did not mean to have that effect!

Livi are away at Lochgelly tomorrow...not been hearing some good reports on there pitch, seemingly it took a battering last week. Is there anyone on here who's involved at Lochgelly who could let us know their opinions on the game going ahead tomorrow?

Lol a recipe for success, he runs about all day long, kwality, he can pick a pass as he should be able to do and the other ach he tries and never stops, what a team of ballers. Thank god they have young and woods or you might aswell shut the doors now.

Put that fishing rod away Littlefalker

There is a capable team down at Dunbar but games like last week give us little to be upbeat about on forums such as this.

Livi are away at Lochgelly tomorrow...not been hearing some good reports on there pitch, seemingly it took a battering last week. Is there anyone on here who's involved at Lochgelly who could let us know their opinions on the game going ahead tomorrow?

inspection in the morning

Archived