East Region South Division Thread 2014-2015

Burnie_man

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit surprised that no one from West Calder has been commenting on their good form this season. They ran the Super league leaders at the time, Kelty Hearts very close on Saturday and were winning 2-0 at one point. They were eventually beaten on penalties. I have to say that this would have to have been the result of the day for me , even though they eventually lost , and along with recent results in the South league, I would have to say that they could well be the surprise packet in the league this season and we will need to be at our best on Saturday to get anything out of the game with them .

Watched then against Whitburn a few weeks ago and to be fair they played well in the first half but tired in the second with the game ending 2-2.

Think they might just be a player or two short this season but as you say they might be the surprise team this season.

B

New to this, so take it easy on me please guys.heard twin Thompson been appointed manager of Tranent,can some1 tell me why they didn't put it up for anybody to apply?

Because its a lot easier to give the job to one of the committee's pals rather than go through the process of interviewing other people. It is called cronyism. Another short sighted decision at Tranent.

I can understand why people say that about the Tranent appointment but let's give twinny a chance and see how he does. Let's be honest it's not like whichever manager comes in will get Tranent promoted this season, give him a chance I say. On the flip side of that of course, it might have been an opportunity to get someone in, maybe take the Haddington and Dunbar approach with a young hungry manager and give him this season to bed in and have a go next season at the league. Suppose you could argue either way all day about this.

I can understand why people say that about the Tranent appointment but let's give twinny a chance and see how he does. Let's be honest it's not like whichever manager comes in will get Tranent promoted this season, give him a chance I say. On the flip side of that of course, it might have been an opportunity to get someone in, maybe take the Haddington and Dunbar approach with a young hungry manager and give him this season to bed in and have a go next season at the league. Suppose you could argue either way all day about this.

I am not saying that Twinny won't do a good job but I feel that a new manager who is not a friend of the committee would have a more open mind as regards the team.

New to this, so take it easy on me please guys.heard twin Thompson been appointed manager of Tranent,can some1 tell me why they didn't put it up for anybody to apply?

hink it was clear fi day 1 twinny was gonna get it, nothing against twin but mistake for me. Advertising it would surely have been best option!

hink it was clear fi day 1 twinny was gonna get it, nothing against twin but mistake for me. Advertising it would surely have been best option!

Thought that was the procedure?no?to advertise it.strange they didn't put it out there for other people to apply for.did twin Thompson not get sacked last time he was there?

Thought that was the procedure?no?to advertise it.strange they didn't put it out there for other people to apply for.did twin Thompson not get sacked last time he was there?

pretty sure he did i. On that, has there ever been a club who's appointed a manager again after he's previously been there and been sacked?

pretty sure he did i. On that, has there ever been a club who's appointed a manager again after he's previously been there and been sacked?

Not 100% sure but I think that Willie Pearson was very close to getting the Dunbar job for a second time in 2008 before they appointed Dave Lees. I think the committee was split on who to appoint...which ultimately ended in resignations.

Good luck to Dunbar tomorrow against West Calder. This will be a difficult game as they have improved greatly and are having a good season. They were unlucky against Kelty last week , so the warning signs are there for all to see. We have a good record through there, but we will need to be at our best if we are to come away with anything and keep ourselves in the chasing pack.

Good luck to Dunbar tomorrow against West Calder. This will be a difficult game as they have improved greatly and are having a good season. They were unlucky against Kelty last week , so the warning signs are there for all to see. We have a good record through there, but we will need to be at our best if we are to come away with anything and keep ourselves in the chasing pack.

sam back yet or is he still away? Need team news before i bet west Calder.

Archived