East Region South Division Thread 2014-2015

Burnie_man

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was there ever any chance the game would go ahead. Seen Dunbar Athletic called their game off in the morning.

Yes. It was only one small area which caused the postponement and I believe that the committee and hallhill groundstaff spent the morning working on the pitch to try and make it playable. In the end the referee has to make the call, its not something that the club can do for a touch and go pitch.

Yes. It was only one small area which caused the postponement and I believe that the committee and hallhill groundstaff spent the morning working on the pitch to try and make it playable. In the end the referee has to make the call, its not something that the club can do for a touch and go pitch.

Fair play. Don't understand your comment on a touch and go pitch tho.

Fair play. Don't understand your comment on a touch and go pitch tho.

What I mean is the club can't just decide its unplayable. Obviously if there is a foot of snow covering the pitch then there is no need to call out a referee as that is clear cut. However yesterday was not clear cut and I know that different people on the committee had different opinions as to the playability of the park. Touch and go I mean that at 9.30 it was maybe looking dodgy, but perhaps by kick off then the pitch is fine. There are many factors to take into consideration, including the travelling distance from the other team. In the end it was called off, due to one area being flooded. I would expect that had the inspection gone ahead at kick off time then the game gets played as the rain had stopped and the sun had came out. Clear as mud?

What I mean is the club can't just decide its unplayable. Obviously if there is a foot of snow covering the pitch then there is no need to call out a referee as that is clear cut. However yesterday was not clear cut and I know that different people on the committee had different opinions as to the playability of the park. Touch and go I mean that at 9.30 it was maybe looking dodgy, but perhaps by kick off then the pitch is fine. There are many factors to take into consideration, including the travelling distance from the other team. In the end it was called off, due to one area being flooded. I would expect that had the inspection gone ahead at kick off time then the game gets played as the rain had stopped and the sun had came out. Clear as mud?

See above !

Livingston vs Shotts
Blackburn vs Musselburgh
Arthurlie v Dunbar
Pumpherston v Rob Roy
Haddington v Linlithgow
Edinburgh Utd v Crossgates
West Calder v Carnoustie
Rosyth v Hurlford
Whitburn v St Rochs
Boness v Stoneyburn
Falkirk v Buchanhaven

I think that's the lot. Not an overly kind draw for the South Division.

According to posts from folk at our club the pitch inspection was at 11.15 but post on here before 11 saying game off.

Anyway here's hoping the south region do well in the scottish.

Sunnydunny wrote a post saying game called off, at 11:12. The inspection was probably planned for 11:15 but maybe the referee turned up a bit earlier and it was posted as quickly as possible to save anyone from Whitburn travelling. What post on here, before 11 said game was off and just what is your point.?

Bit surprised that no one from West Calder has been commenting on their good form this season. They ran the Super league leaders at the time, Kelty Hearts very close on Saturday and were winning 2-0 at one point. They were eventually beaten on penalties. I have to say that this would have to have been the result of the day for me , even though they eventually lost , and along with recent results in the South league, I would have to say that they could well be the surprise packet in the league this season and we will need to be at our best on Saturday to get anything out of the game with them .

Archived