East Region South Division Thread 2014-2015

Burnie_man

Rosyth 3 Whitburn 2

game of 2 halfs with the wind , whitburn scored in the first half with a wonder strike that no keeper would have stopped and had about 50 corners that we defended well , think we had 2 chances the first half and scored one of them thru hampson , second half we were the better team but whitburn scored against the run of play with there impressive centre fwd and could have went 3-1 up but hit the post but then we got a rub of the green when a deflected shot fell at our fwds feet and he scored again,2-2 and with minutes to go we got the winner with hampson getting a hat rick . good win for us in poor conditions , whitburn are a very good attacking team and will be there or there about sat the end.

Accurate summary of the game, and you hit the nail on the head with the bit about Whitburn being a good attacking team. Unfortunately they are being let down by the defence who were posted missing for the Rosyth goals. If Whitburn don't sort this out soon, they will be out of contention by the turn of the year.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haddington must be favourites after the start theyve had,Cant see many teams beating them this season at all.

At McBookie we were 7/4 favs *before* the start we've had. 11/8 last time I checked. I wonder if Rosyth and Dunbar will be getting shortened to any great degree

Give them the trophy now. Lets just cancel the remaining 23 fixtures......

It's not so long ago that Haddington were running away with the league and scoring lots of goals but faltered in the run in. There's a long way to go yet, so just let us wait and see.

It's not so long ago that Haddington were running away with the league and scoring lots of goals but faltered in the run in. There's a long way to go yet, so just let us wait and see.

It was probably mid-season slumps that really did for us over the recent seasons but yeah, this is one club that won't be taking anything for granted

LMAO.

What a lot of nonsense. Equal first half, Dunbar by far the better side second half. Deserved 3 points.

Simples.

You have to be having a laugh, you're eyesight must be affecting you or you were watching from the pub. Everyone in the ground (and the dug) knew that Blackburn should have been well ahead at the half. Dunbar done well second half but taking all three points was definitely not a true reflection of balance of play over the 90 minutes.

That said, Dunbar took their chances and won the game and that's what it's all about, no complaints here.

Take Sam Young out of the Dunbar team and they are fairly average.

You have to be having a laugh, you're eyesight must be affecting you or you were watching from the pub. Everyone in the ground (and the dug) knew that Blackburn should have been well ahead at the half. Dunbar done well second half but taking all three points was definitely not a true reflection of balance of play over the 90 minutes.

That said, Dunbar took their chances and won the game and that's what it's all about, no complaints here.

Take Sam Young out of the Dunbar team and they are fairly average.

surely a team will come in for Sam sooner or later

surely a team will come in for Sam sooner or later

He didn't do much in the game to be honest and we kept him largely quiet, but he popped up with a fine finish when it mattered and that is why he racks up the goals I guess.

Excellent start by Rosyth, keep it going Lee.

This is what I don't get, people talking about Haddington when really they should be talking about Dunbar and Rosyth. We all know Haddington start well but in tradition they fall away, Dunbar rpseem really impressive for me so far albeit I only seen them against Tranent who in that game were quite poor.

He didn't do much in the game to be honest and we kept him largely quiet, but he popped up with a fine finish when it mattered and that is why he racks up the goals I guess.

A goal and an assist not doing much? :/ I agree it wasn't his best performance all round but as isy says wasn't a great team performance as a whole, and a pretty dull game until Sam broke the deadlock, very soft penalty awarded to Blackburn IMO, Connor Wood did keep Dunbar in it first half with some fine saves but Also some poor finishing from Blackburn

I thought the game at New Murrayfield Park – or as the excellent match programme called it, the Dem-master Community Stadium? – was a pretty decent, competitive affair between two sides that are more likely to be in the top half of the league than the bottom half come the end of the season. Blackburn will most definitely be kicking themselves for the host of good first half chances they missed – the usually deadly McQuillan just seemed completely out of luck in front of goal - and the Dunbar ‘keeper will surely have had a fair few slaps on the back once he was back in the dressing room for his save that pushed a last minute effort onto the bar to ensure all three points went east. Dunbar looked a well organised side who play the game at a good tempo and who, from fewer chances, scored the goals that won it. They have an excellent striker in the shape of the No.9 (I presume he is Sam Young?) whose movement was first class.

Interesting that the match reports on the respective Club websites are pretty similar. That usually means they are pretty accurate too!

A goal and an assist not doing much? :/ I agree it wasn't his best performance all round but as isy says wasn't a great team performance as a whole, and a pretty dull game until Sam broke the deadlock, very soft penalty awarded to Blackburn IMO, Connor Wood did keep Dunbar in it first half with some fine saves but Also some poor finishing from Blackburn

Poor finishing cost us, although it was definitely hand ball in the box and the ref was best placed of anyone to decide if it was deliberate or not. One Dunbar fan was getting quite upset calling the ref a cheat, I guess Junior fitba attracts all sorts.

Poor finishing cost us, although it was definitely hand ball in the box and the ref was best placed of anyone to decide if it was deliberate or not. One Dunbar fan was getting quite upset calling the ref a cheat, I guess Junior fitba attracts all sorts.

It's always the same Burnie man, it's a definite penalty when it's for you, but never a penalty when it goes against you.

You never get consistency.

I thought it was a good game

PS it wisnae me calling the ref a cheat, in case you think i'm trying to defend myself. Ha ha

Archived