• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good for Twitter - alas not everyone has a Twitter account. The point I am trying to make is that the two most obvious places to find the results are lacking (SFA/BBC). The one I am particularly disappointed about is the SFA website as it is their competition. Ten pm at night and ....can see quite clearly.......... last seasons results.

You don't need a Twitter account. https://twitter.com/ScottishFA

It's still very poor. Only a fraction of people will have Twitter and follow the SFA on it. Most people who want scores will go to the BBC to SFA websites, not know their Twitter address or go onto Twitter and search for them. Even their Twitter isn't saying when the draw is.

Anyway... I must say this is probably my favourite draw and round of the whole cup season in Scotland. I know the media puts a lot of currency on "Fourth Round day" but I enjoy the intrigues and oddities of the First Round - so many different clubs from different leagues going into the hat, facing-off and getting their moment in the limelight.

I asked that on the LL Forum. And someone said next/ this Tuesday.

I believe it is tomorrow at noon. Unless that has changed

It's still very poor. Only a fraction of people will have Twitter and follow the SFA on it. Most people who want scores will go to the BBC to SFA websites, not know their Twitter address or go onto Twitter and search for them. Even their Twitter isn't saying when the draw is. Anyway... I must say this is probably my favourite draw and round of the whole cup season in Scotland. I know the media puts a lot of currency on "Fourth Round day" but I enjoy the intrigues and oddities of the First Round - so many different clubs from different leagues going into the hat, facing-off and getting their moment in the limelight.

so is it tomorrow or Tuesday ?

Howay lads !!!

It's still very poor. Only a fraction of people will have Twitter and follow the SFA on it. Most people who want scores will go to the BBC to SFA websites, not know their Twitter address or go onto Twitter and search for them. Even their Twitter isn't saying when the draw is.

Anyway... I must say this is probably my favourite draw and round of the whole cup season in Scotland. I know the media puts a lot of currency on "Fourth Round day" but I enjoy the intrigues and oddities of the First Round - so many different clubs from different leagues going into the hat, facing-off and getting their moment in the limelight.

No Cup results in the Sunday Fail either, although there IS a column with a report on the VoL vs GFR match. Pathetic!

Scotland on Sunday gives them the tiny print of the Minor Results column. No article/summaries, though Highland and Lowland get those alongwith proper results and scorers and tables (as do French Ligue 1 and German Cup!!). It did get a proper space in yesterday's Scotsman fixtures... but evidently a late copy-n-paste...

Anyone know the time of tomorrow's draw?

SFA website has got the results up but doesn't bother mentioning the draw arrangements at all. Infact, you're directed to open the PDF they put up in July and figure-out for yourself who the 36 clubs are, by combining the Preliminary winners + replays + clubs which got byes + clubs in the list entering at R1...

Nothing on their Twitter, or BBC.

It appears that whoever does the SFA website doesn't even know the arrangements for the replays in 5 days time, declaring "fixture details TBC".

Anyone know the time of tomorrow's draw?

SFA website has got the results up but doesn't bother mentioning the draw arrangements at all. Infact, you're directed to open the PDF they put up in July and figure-out for yourself who the 36 clubs are, by combining the Preliminary winners + replays + clubs which got byes + clubs in the list entering at R1...

Nothing on their Twitter, or BBC.

It appears that whoever does the SFA website doesn't even know the arrangements for the replays in 5 days time, declaring "fixture details TBC".

Nairn County Twitter account says 1pm - https://twitter.com/NairnCounty_FC/status/500679756841762816

Be fun if Gretna get an away draw against a Highland League side. I will have to come over on the Friday. Getting a Hotel booked for two nights won't be easy during the Wedding Season.

Want a home draw, and ideally avoid Juniors and Formantine

Plenty accomodation in Gretna surely

Want a home draw, and ideally avoid Juniors and Formantine

Plenty accomodation in Gretna surely

Not during Wedding Season as I call it.

From November to March there is no problem.

Have to wait till draw and look to book tonight.

Tweets-only.

Reminder:

Highland League (15)... Buckie Thistle, Clachnacuddin, Cove Rangers, Deveronvale, Formartine United, Forres Mechanics, Fraserburgh, Huntly, Keith, Lossiemouth, Nairn County, Rothes, Strathspey Thistle, Turriff United, Wick Academy

Lowland League (9)... Dalbeattie Star, East Kilbride, Edinburgh City, Gala Fairydean Rovers, Gretna 2008, Preston Athletic, Selkirk, Threave Rovers, Whitehill Welfare

East of Scotland League (3)... Coldstream, Civil SS, Lothian Thistle HV

North Caledonian League (1)... Golspie Sutherland

Juniors (6)... Auchinleck Talbot, Banks o'Dee, Bo'ness Utd, Culter, Girvan, Linlithgow Rose

+ replays (2)... Edinburgh University (LL) v Hurlford Utd (Jnr), Hawick RA (EOS) v Newton Stewart (SOS)

Archived