Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's about time the league set reasonable maximum limits on gate prices. It's no wonder that Scottish football is sliding into obscurity. The prices are appalling.

Its the same all over in Britain anyway Pele. I went to the Carlisle v Wimbledon game last week and it was £19 to stand and £21 for a seat and that's from a club currently bottom of the League.

There maybe should be a set price for each division but I doubt that clubs would agree to it. £22 for a second tier game is Scotland is well over priced.

Towards the end of September, 1 point on the board, out of both cups played in so far and getting hosed by the teams we should be expecting to fight for the lower league positions. Makes grim reading. I do not neccessarily expect us to be competing in the higher or mid reaches of the league, although I see no reason why that shouldn't, and must, be an ambition.

It is with regret that I must question the future of the manager. I respect Jimmy and his efforts to keep us up last year. However, one must seriously question his signings. Notwithstanding the fact that we had additional funds available, and he is an experienced and respected manager, they were not in any sense inspiring and have not improved the squad, merely enlarged it. To rely on the late loan signings as he has, bespokes a degree of panic and poor planning. The blame lies fairly and squarely at his door as does the persistent refusal to play the right system, one that quite obviously gave us the results (against some good sides) last season that kept us up.

I have always been of the view that continuity at a club is a good thing and I am all for giving a manager a good run at things but to subside with a whimper is utterly unacceptable, and that is the way we are heading. I will not be put in the position of being embarassed by our achievements which is where we are at the moment. We should not walk quietly into the night, if we have to, rather with a snarl and a baring of the fangs and hanging on for grim death and to say we are COWDEN and we are here and deserve to be so and that we will be nobody's whipping boys. If Jimmy cannot do this then find somebody who can, and soon.

Luv from

A Cowden fan. End of.

While I agree on many of those points surely we are no worse off tonight than this morning.

Did anyone really have a point in their budget for the two trips to the capital?

I saw signs in these last two games that we might pick things up and that we are finally starting to play 352.

And injuries despite the size of the squad are hurting

Can nobody see that the team has improved over the last couple of games? Yes only in spells but we have shown we can compete with teams in the league.

Lets just waste the clubs limited money on paying a manager off to bring somebody in who might not want half the team anyway if he has a different system. A new manager does not automatically mean an improvement.

The 3-5-2 formation seems to be back to stay. The points will come.

Get behind the team and the board and stop shouting for the manager to be sacked after we lose 5-1 away to the team top of the league.

Towards the end of September, 1 point on the board, out of both cups played in so far and getting hosed by the teams we should be expecting to fight for the lower league positions. Makes grim reading. I do not neccessarily expect us to be competing in the higher or mid reaches of the league, although I see no reason why that shouldn't, and must, be an ambition.

It is with regret that I must question the future of the manager. I respect Jimmy and his efforts to keep us up last year. However, one must seriously question his signings. Notwithstanding the fact that we had additional funds available, and he is an experienced and respected manager, they were not in any sense inspiring and have not improved the squad, merely enlarged it. To rely on the late loan signings as he has, bespokes a degree of panic and poor planning. The blame lies fairly and squarely at his door as does the persistent refusal to play the right system, one that quite obviously gave us the results (against some good sides) last season that kept us up.

I have always been of the view that continuity at a club is a good thing and I am all for giving a manager a good run at things but to subside with a whimper is utterly unacceptable, and that is the way we are heading. I will not be put in the position of being embarassed by our achievements which is where we are at the moment. We should not walk quietly into the night, if we have to, rather with a snarl and a baring of the fangs and hanging on for grim death and to say we are COWDEN and we are here and deserve to be so and that we will be nobody's whipping boys. If Jimmy cannot do this then find somebody who can, and soon.

Luv from

A Cowden fan. End of.

Jimmy deserves lots of credit for keeping us up last season. We went and watched games with hope.

So far this season we've been raped by alloa, rovers and every decent team in the league. Unacceptable. Signings are pish. Loan signings look decent. Jimmy hasn't got long left to justify this catastrophe

I'm sorry to say that so far we are not competing at all with the other teams in this league, our total of 1 point from 6 games shows that all too clearly. We all hope that we can turn this around but we have to face facts. We have signed mainly mediocre players this season who just can't cut it at this level. We are trying to paper over the large cracks with loan signings who will be gone in a few months time . We have little shape or game plan in most games and an opportunity to gain more support is slipping away due to the poor standard of football we are playing.

I'm grateful to Jimmy for keeping us up last season and giving us the chance of a lifetime to play against clubs like Hibs, Hearts and Rangers etc. He however needs to show that he can turn things around fairly soon. I'm getting depressed watching us just turn up and looking out of our depth. Flashes of 15 minutes of good play here and there just don't cut it. We need consistency, determination and a focus which is lacking. The board were brave enough to get rid of Mickey who had done a great deal for the club but who had clearly run out of ideas. Jimmy deserves some more time in my opinion but there is a limit to how long he should be given.

I'm sorry to say that so far we are not competing at all with the other teams in this league, our total of 1 point from 6 games shows that all too clearly. We all hope that we can turn this around but we have to face facts. We have signed mainly mediocre players this season who just can't cut it at this level. We are trying to paper over the large cracks with loan signings who will be gone in a few months time . We have little shape or game plan in most games and an opportunity to gain more support is slipping away due to the poor standard of football we are playing.

I'm grateful to Jimmy for keeping us up last season and giving us the chance of a lifetime to play against clubs like Hibs, Hearts and Rangers etc. He however needs to show that he can turn things around fairly soon. I'm getting depressed watching us just turn up and looking out of our depth. Flashes of 15 minutes of good play here and there just don't cut it. We need consistency, determination and a focus which is lacking. The board were brave enough to get rid of Mickey who had done a great deal for the club but who had clearly run out of ideas. Jimmy deserves some more time in my opinion but there is a limit to how long he should be given.

Did Mickey no resign rather than the board getting rid of him? but I do think if this continues then the board need to start making big decisions, Dumbarton were brave enough and did it and brought in Murray and it freshened the club up and ultimately kept them up when they looked down and out.

Jimmy deserves lots of credit for keeping us up last season. We went and watched games with hope.

So far this season we've been raped by alloa, rovers and every decent team in the league. Unacceptable. Signings are pish. Loan signings look decent. Jimmy hasn't got long left to justify this catastrophe

Frustrating as hell. We showed against Hibs and first half yesterday that we can compete. These were games we wouldn't have expected to have won anyway. However, the two games against Alloa and the Rovers were a disaster.

The young lad from United could be a real star for us but he has to spend most of the time playing left back. Every game we lose now makes the next one more difficult.

Jimmy has to do something, excuses aren't good enough.

Frustrating as hell. We showed against Hibs and first half yesterday that we can compete. These were games we wouldn't have expected to have won anyway. However, the two games against Alloa and the Rovers were a disaster.

The young lad from United could be a real star for us but he has to spend most of the time playing left back. Every game we lose now makes the next one more difficult.

Jimmy has to do something, excuses aren't good enough.

It should surely be obvious to Jimmy by now that signing Campbell was a mistake. The young United lad can't do his own job for covering up for Campbell but if we had a decent left back we would be seeing the full benefits from Kurdus and maybe winning some points.

The season starts here guys. If there is no win over the next few weeks then something may have to change. Stick with it though. The loan signings and 3-5-2 should see points finally!

How long do you give it and where do you see us picking up a win? Queens at home, dumbo away, Rangers anywhere? When was the last time any of them happened? Even the last win against Dumbo away is two seasons ago.

We need a minimum of 4 points from the Dumbo and QOTS game - can't see us getting it. The whole 'we weren't expected to get points from the big 3' doesn't wash with me either - look at Alloa and dumbo.

Nicholl's record is abysmal. I keep bringing it back up but to have only won ONE game after conceding the first goal is shameless (against 3rd division shambles that are Clyde). This shows a complete lack of character in the dressing roll and the buck stops with the manager. Six games in and he doesn't have a clue what shape or formation to play. The left side is a joke. The subs are a joke as well. We have 25/6 players and our bench is hopeless.

I don't really hear many people still backing him now.

I think we'll pick up a point at home to Queens and lose the other two leaving us two points at most with the season a quarter done.

I believe its down to the catastrophic signings. Except for Higgins its been a joke. At least its been recognised and some loan players brought in but even then in the wrong positions. The lad from Celtic looks good but Brownlie must be spewing. Kudus is playing completely out of position but making a decent fist if it. Gallacher has impressed apart from the first half at Hibs. To early to judge Hughes. Thought he was pretty anonymous yesterday.

The problem now is we're stuck with this un-balanced squad until Christmas by which time its game over. Changing the gaffer won't change the squad he's put together and probably wrecked the budget in the process hampering any repair job.

Can we try and steer clear of the propaganda type stuff after months of nothing else (in the referendum debate). Let's have some balanced facts instead of prejudices. Jimmy Nicholl did an excellent job for us last season - under Colin Cameron we had 11 points from 14 games in the League - Jimmy delivered 29 points from 22 games plus 3 wins and a draw in the play offs. Jimmy deserves huge credit for that and trying to imply it was Mickey's team that kept us up without Jimmy having any part to play in that success is way off beam - does anyone think we should have kept Colin and would have stayed up then?

It is pretty disappointing thus far this season and we doubtless all have our own opinions on that. However, we do also need to try and keep pulling together plus keep in view the true scope of the various challenges we have faced and continue to face.

Archived