Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

Al. Seen enough already to decide...

Straw pole. would you be happy to see Nicholl in charge next season?

keep:

Thomson (doubt he will stay)

Brett

Brownlie

Guys like TOB, Adamson, Robertson I would keep as long as they aren't on big wages.

Marshall (wages), Higgins, Halsman, Toshney, Johnston, Miller, Kane, Nish, Wedderburn (I reckon he will be on a huge wage) I just don't think are value for money and would punt.

Hughes f**k knows as he doesn't get a game. Wouldn't be sad to see Milne go, contributes nothing.

No to nicholl but no idea who should replave him.

Squad keep:

Thomson

Brett

Brownlie

TOB

Higgins

Nat

Why sign Hughes for 18 months if he is not good enough to even come off the bench (I thought he had a great game in dumfries).

I

Toshney looks OK hard to say after 2 games he is a dud he did well at dumbarton.

Milne needs to recapture form and kick on and if so can stay.

Rest can go but who would be any better.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Players I would keep are simple

Thomson/Brett/adamson/brownlie/armstrong/TOB/Milne/Robertson funny how almost all of these lads im keeping are players who have been with us a while!....

clearout of our forwards and our squad players and revamp that side of things.

EVERY player in our squad has faults but I would get back to basics and keep a settled side that individually is good with players playing in position and if we are not good enough then so be it.

Thomson - GK

right wing back dean brett

left wing back kenny adamson

brownlie/tob/wedderburn - brownlie to right of tob and wedderburn to left.

centre - marshall/milne/robertson

Herron - just off main striker

Higgins - up top (controversial but for me is the only option we have in that team/system)

subs

nish

oyunega

d hughes

sub gk

Toshney

miller

halsman

As said the teams not perfect there but individually those players for me are our best team with best formation available. PLAY It JIMMY.

Wtf has actually happened to Milne? His progress has deteriorated a scary amount. Boy with genuine ability.

If things aren't going well for you as a player, the least you should do is roll the sleeves up and dig in. That's the attitude I want to see from a cowden player - Kenny Adamson or chopper as prime examples. Milne could take a leaf out of their books.

Thats football though theres things that milne can do that those examples simply cannot. He is a player of that there is no doubt.His confidence is shot and he hides and needs to work harder on pitch but guys who play with him rave about him.Coaches rave about him so he must be doing something. A new manager would get milne back to his best potentially.

Mone the Cowden

Thats football though theres things that milne can do that those examples simply cannot. He is a player of that there is no doubt.His confidence is shot and he hides and needs to work harder on pitch but guys who play with him rave about him.Coaches rave about him so he must be doing something. A new manager would get milne back to his best potentially.

Mone the Cowden

At the Fofar game after Milne had scored a cracking goal, one of their fans asked me who he was. " that laddie is some player" he said. Think that was his last decent game. Something not right so much potential, how long have we been saying that?

Players I would keep are simple

Thomson/Brett/adamson/brownlie/armstrong/TOB/Milne/Robertson funny how almost all of these lads im keeping are players who have been with us a while!....

clearout of our forwards and our squad players and revamp that side of things.

EVERY player in our squad has faults but I would get back to basics and keep a settled side that individually is good with players playing in position and if we are not good enough then so be it.

Thomson - GK

right wing back dean brett

left wing back kenny adamson

brownlie/tob/wedderburn - brownlie to right of tob and wedderburn to left.

centre - marshall/milne/robertson

Herron - just off main striker

Higgins - up top (controversial but for me is the only option we have in that team/system)

subs

nish

oyunega

d hughes

sub gk

Toshney

miller

halsman

As said the teams not perfect there but individually those players for me are our best team with best formation available. PLAY It JIMMY.

prettymuch our best team.

main weakness is lack of goals in the team.

I personally prefer obrien in midfield for marshall and therefore toshney in back 3.

cant see how nish fits into our team without a pacey player to play off him.

Have yet to be impressed by Higgins in any of the games I've seen (not many admittedly). There's always one player in a Cowden team I'm not a fan of and he seems to be the man this season! Slow, can't hold the ball up and I can't think of him having a shot that has ever forced a decent save out of the keeper (at games I've been at!).

After feeling optimistic a few weeks ago Saturdays result has really knocked the stuffing out of me. Thankfully Livingston are just as bad as we are so we have a bit of breathing space. Something needs to change - players sound like they need a boot up the arse and Jimmy sounds like he's heading towards his last chance.

Fingers crossed we beat Hearts on Saturday :lol:

I definitely think there's quality in that side to stay up though, that's why its so frustrating. We could be a really hard side to beat with the 352 and scrape out 1-0 wins and the odd draw. We seem to be the complete opposite.

I definitely think there's quality in that side to stay up though, that's why its so frustrating. We could be a really hard side to beat with the 352 and scrape out 1-0 wins and the odd draw. We seem to be the complete opposite.

Agreed. The thing is though our defence last season was our biggest weakness - what have we done to strengthen it though? Thomson is level with Flynn, Adamson is level with McKeown and Toshney/Miller is in for Brett. It's still the same centre backs that conceded so many last season.

Last season we were saved purely by having the best strike force in the league. Now we've mustered a massive 8 home goals in the league this season - only Motherwell and St Mirren who haven't won at home have less goals at home.

We have the players who can grind out results against the lower placed sides. They need to step up and prove they are good enough.

Archived