The Alloa Athletic Thread

this is glorious news and should be a brilliant day out. Harlaw Park is a cracking little ground.

Yeah April 23rd the trials took place.

Cheers, I wonder what the standard was like?

Nice to see pre-season taking shape, hopefully we get a few decent games at home.

Any news on whether we are replacing the pitch or not?

That's been floating around on here since the Indodrill deal was announced, but I haven't seen anything from anybody behind the scenes at the club. Been thinking for a while that it might be a bit of wishful thinking, as we get pelters from everyone else over it. Don't see the problem myself, apart from the fact that it looks ugly. I get the feeling that the bizarre 'unpredictable bounce' stuff will continue even with a new surface, just 'cause it ain't proper grass innit.

Just have to wait for Wasps1 to give us the inside skinny again, I think :P

That's been floating around on here since the Indodrill deal was announced, but I haven't seen anything from anybody behind the scenes at the club. Been thinking for a while that it might be a bit of wishful thinking, as we get pelters from everyone else over it. Don't see the problem myself, apart from the fact that it looks ugly. I get the feeling that the bizarre 'unpredictable bounce' stuff will continue even with a new surface, just 'cause it ain't proper grass innit.

Just have to wait for Wasps1 to give us the inside skinny again, I think :P

Haven't heard anything to say work is beginning, but I had heard that they wouldn't have relaid it had Alloa been relegated.

There's a planned home friendly on July 1st (still tbc) and pre season training starts week or so before that. If they were to relay it, you would think it would have to be done before this. Will keep an ear out on any news.

I think the majority of the ground work would have been done when the pitch was first laid. Surely it's just a case of some slight ground work and relaying the surface which wouldn't take long I think.

Is there any rule that the artificial surface has to be green? Would you be allowed NFL style badges and sponsors on the pitch?

post-35456-14331866673666_thumb.jpg