The Alloa Athletic Thread

Aye he's a class act, solid at left back and centre half. If he was to go to you's tonight I'd be annoyed but if Benedictus was coming the other way it would soften the blow. I think Marr and Doch could fill in at left back and we'd still be pretty solid.

We've got Benedictus until the summer anyway though, I don't see how that's a great carrot. Docherty would be missed in midfield if he had to play LB every week. Meggatt would be a big loss to the team and there is no chance of getting a replacement of similar quality in at this stage. Letting him go weakens our chances of staying up which could cost the club a lot of money. As such, if Dundee want him now they should have to pay a good transfer fee. Otherwise wait till the summer please - which is what I would favour.

We've got Benedictus until the summer anyway though, I don't see how that's a great carrot. Docherty would be missed in midfield if he had to play LB every week. Meggatt would be a big loss to the team and there is no chance of getting a replacement of similar quality in at this stage. Letting him go weakens our chances of staying up which could cost the club a lot of money. As such, if Dundee want him now they should have to pay a good transfer fee. Otherwise wait till the summer please - which is what I would favour.

If we were to get Benedictus on a perm deal or loan again next season would be ideal in my book as I think he's a good centre half. Hasn't Marr played at left back elsewhere or in the early stages of his time with us? Doch has been a standout in midfield but with the new signings coming in we have more options in midfield now Might even get Tiff into the team. I hope Meggat is still here until the end of the season though as I agree he would be missed.

Is that the carrot required to pluck Meggatt away?

Roberts is a great player but has only showed that for 45 minutes in half a season. Shocking attitude and it's costing him big time.

If we were to get Benedictus on a perm deal or loan again next season would be ideal in my book as I think he's a good centre half. Hasn't Marr played at left back elsewhere or in the early stages of his time with us? Doch has been a standout in midfield but with the new signings coming in we have more options in midfield now Might even get Tiff into the team. I hope Meggat is still here until the end of the season though as I agree he would be missed.

I can't remember Marr ever playing LB for Alloa. He did play RB previously in his career I think.

Roberts is a good player but our success has been built upon team spirit and players pulling together and with his reputation that is a slight concern. The manager must feel he is worth the gamble. I'll be pretty gutted if this means Meggatt is away tonight though.

Edited by Waspie

Well, we've been asking for a big lad for a while...hopefully he's actually good with his head.

I mind the Falkirk fans absolutely raging about Roberts being a c**t a year or two back. Quite a gamble. I guess he can be punted back to Angus if he causes trouble again.

Waspie, on 02 Feb 2015 - 17:27, said:

I can't remember Marr ever playing LB for Alloa. He did play RB previously in his career I think.

Roberts is a good player but our success has been built upon team spirit and players pulling together and with his reputation that is a slight concern. The manager must feel he is worth the gamble. I'll be pretty gutted if this means Meggatt is away tonight though.

Hartley also thought he was worth the gamble until he went AWOL last week apparently.

:lol: Seriously?

We desperately need a striker but I'd rather have nobody than him.

Many strikers is that you guys have signed? Seems to be a new one everyday.

He's firmly a winger or at least, has been for us.

:lol: Seriously?

We desperately need a striker but I'd rather have nobody than him.

Many strikers is that you guys have signed? Seems to be a new one everyday.

We've played the first half of the season with a 4-6-0 formation so now we're going for a 2-3-5 formation to push for promotion.