The Alloa Athletic Thread

James Creaney worth a punt at League one level? Training with the Binos

Probably better asking Dumbarton fans as we've actually seen him play at that level. He was pretty good for us that year, we went up via the play-offs and he played most (if not all?) games. Having said that, it was noted by most fans that he was probably the weakest link in our defence and we thought he'd be replaced. He played a year for us in the Championship and was okay at times but did get caught out on plenty of occasions. I was slightly surprised to see him sign on at Alloa but I believe he had a really bad illness last year and perhaps his career was in doubt? Glad to see he's back training, he was a great guy whenever I spoke to him and will give you everything he's got.

He should do a solid job in that league.

Probably better asking Dumbarton fans as we've actually seen him play at that level. He was pretty good for us that year, we went up via the play-offs and he played most (if not all?) games. Having said that, it was noted by most fans that he was probably the weakest link in our defence and we thought he'd be replaced. He played a year for us in the Championship and was okay at times but did get caught out on plenty of occasions. I was slightly surprised to see him sign on at Alloa but I believe he had a really bad illness last year and perhaps his career was in doubt? Glad to see he's back training, he was a great guy whenever I spoke to him and will give you everything he's got.

He should do a solid job in that league.

The reason that Alloa signed him was that our first choice full-backs were also our cover for the central defenders so we needed players who could come in and play full back when required. Creaney provided that on the left and I'm guessing that he didn't cost too much. With Jason Marr injured at the start of the season Darryl Meggat moved from LB to CB and Creaney got a few games at full-back and he also played a few times when we went with five at the back. Not a stand out but he generally did a steady enough job when called upon, although I'd say he was playing at a higher level than he really should have been. Didn't get a game when the rest were fit and with his health problems he wasn't available in the New Year.

Fair play to the guy for getting back to training and good luck to him in finding a contract.

Edited by Waspie

I was reading the Doyle story on the back if the advertiser and I still think its a pretty weird1. He wants full time football, is offered full time football and then he said things weren't what he expected and is now back at the recs. I'm glad he has signed up as it keeps the back 4 together again :). Also interesting to see that he will be training full time with the apprentices.

I was reading the Doyle story on the back if the advertiser and I still think its a pretty weird1. He wants full time football, is offered full time football and then he said things weren't what he expected and is now back at the recs. I'm glad he has signed up as it keeps the back 4 together again :). Also interesting to see that he will be training full time with the apprentices.

I read that story as well. What's the get-up with the training as I am assuming he will still be getting a part time wage.

He started the first leg. What's your point?

As is stated further up in the thread, point is he seems to be establishing himself as a St Johnstone player so far. You not got your own thread to f**k off too?

Hello there! I have been pestering the Premiership boards over the past couple of weeks with my season previews that I have been writing for my blog. I have started the Championship today and would love if people had a read. I am doing two teams each day and today it is Alloa and Cowdenbeath.

Link

Hope you think it is okay, and if you have any feedback, critiques or criticisms then please fire them my way! Thanks in advance!

Also can I apologise for my prediction for this season, I do hope I am wrong!