The Alloa Athletic Thread

Is there any proper evidence that playing and training on our pitch will be worse than grass for his condition?

With the development of these artificial pitches, it's difficult to say whether there is any real difference now, I suppose. All I can say is that the astroturf that we used to train on certainly hindered his recovery. I'm sure Barry Smith took this into consideration before signing him and perhaps he doesn't suffer as acutely from the condition anymore - but I'm not sure it's coincidental that his poorest spells recently have came when playing for clubs who play on astroturf (Sligo and Airdrie).

Can't believe caddis was offered a deal at St Johnstone, showed glimpses at alloa but they were few and far between.

Started last night in Luzern and was seemingly very impressive. Wouldn't be the strangest thing to happen, but theres already a few people suggesting he could be starting fairly regularly for us this season. Seems odd considering the reviews he got

Caddis was clearly used wrongly by Alloa - which doesn't surprise me. He wouldn't fit into their rigid system used last season.

Indeed, we shouldn't have used him at all. Any good midfielder would flourish in a passing team like Alloa. Caddis showed ability at times but all too often was a passenger. I also can't recall a player who pulled out of so many challenges, even when they were weighted in his favour. And he missed an open goal against Falkirk which might well have meant we didn't need a favour from Sir Bob McHugh.

The only defence I can make of Caddis at Alloa was that he was lacking in confidence or that he wasn't giving his all at a loan club, which is hardly a defence at all.

Caddis was the exact opposite of our previous loan player from St Johnstone. He never looked interested and along with Ross Caldwell was a waste of the loan system. Astonishing that both of them look likely to be playing in the top division next season.

Buchanan was a stand out in an utterly shite East Fife team last season. Was very much towing the line on his own at times.

Didn't think he would jump up a division mind you, but can certainly score goals if given the service.

Indeed, we shouldn't have used him at all. Any good midfielder would flourish in a passing team like Alloa. Caddis showed ability at times but all too often was a passenger. I also can't recall a player who pulled out of so many challenges, even when they were weighted in his favour. And he missed an open goal against Falkirk which might well have meant we didn't need a favour from Sir Bob McHugh.

The only defence I can make of Caddis at Alloa was that he was lacking in confidence or that he wasn't giving his all at a loan club, which is hardly a defence at all.

He was decent for us the season before last. Was shocked to see him look so bad at Alloa. Sometimes a player doesn't fit at a club.

With the development of these artificial pitches, it's difficult to say whether there is any real difference now, I suppose. All I can say is that the astroturf that we used to train on certainly hindered his recovery. I'm sure Barry Smith took this into consideration before signing him and perhaps he doesn't suffer as acutely from the condition anymore - but I'm not sure it's coincidental that his poorest spells recently have came when playing for clubs who play on astroturf (Sligo and Airdrie).

We'll see how he does on our pitch. My point is that there isn't a body of conclusive evidence yet on the pros and cons of 3g pitches versus grass for general or specific injuries.

Caddis was clearly used wrongly by Alloa - which doesn't surprise me. He wouldn't fit into their rigid system used last season.

What was our system?

In what way was it rigid?

Why does it not surprise you he was used wrongly by Alloa?

Caddis likes to play between the lines, that's the type of player he is. He wants a bit of freedom and to run beyond the striker. I reckon Cawley would have dominated that part of the pitch and there was simply no way to accommodate both of them in the team - thus restricting his chances.

Happy? Pitch fork away?

Caddis likes to play between the lines, that's the type of player he is. He wants a bit of freedom and to run beyond the striker. I reckon Cawley would have dominated that part of the pitch and there was simply no way to accommodate both of them in the team - thus restricting his chances.

Happy? Pitch fork away?

Caddis could've did that though. Anytime he was replaced by Eddie Ferns he did that Caddis used to try hug the touchline and usually just touched the ball out.

Caddis got off to a bad start with us. Was it not him who gave the ball away for Dundees goal in the 1-0 win at the recs at Christmas time? Pretty sure it was his debut as well. Showed some ok glimpses after that and had a pretty decent game against Morton near the end of the season but his confidence was shot.

He obviously has something if the people at St Johnstone who see him day in day out at training gave him a new contract and started him the other night in Europe. As suggested we were probably playing him out of position

Caddis got off to a bad start with us. Was it not him who gave the ball away for Dundees goal in the 1-0 win at the recs at Christmas time? Pretty sure it was his debut as well. Showed some ok glimpses after that and had a pretty decent game against Morton near the end of the season but his confidence was shot.

He obviously has something if the people at St Johnstone who see him day in day out at training gave him a new contract and started him the other night in Europe. As suggested we were probably playing him out of position

Caddis also came off the bench at the midweek game at Raith Rovers and with his first touches ran the ball right off the park with no-one even near him to pressure him if I remember right. Never really rated him at all with us tbh.

Happy? Pitch fork away?

You haven't answered my questions. I expected you to at least have a try.

To pick up on your actual reply, Caddis had plenty freedom and opportunity to run beyond the striker with Alloa last season, he just didn't produce often enough. That said there were a handful of times he showed genuine ability and he may well still make it at St Johnstone; I hope he does.

Edited by printer

What was our system?

In what way was it rigid?

Why does it not surprise you he was used wrongly by Alloa?

To shitfest your way to results.

It was rigid as you tried to shitfest your way to results.

As he isn't a player who is going to contribute to a shitfesting.

Happy?

To shitfest your way to results.

It was rigid as you tried to shitfest your way to results.

As he isn't a player who is going to contribute to a shitfesting.

Happy?

I'll be happy when you actually properly answer the straigtforward questions I have asked you.

I don't expect you will though as I don't think you can.

Have one last shot.

I'll be happy when you actually properly answer the straigtforward questions I have asked you.

I don't expect you will though as I don't think you can.

Have one last shot.

Don't think he will answer your questions. Usually a judgemental c**t who thinks he's a know-it all.