Latest World Rankings

Moo

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suppose what we need is for the European teams (or at least the Pot 2/3 level European teams) to have a stinker at the World Cup, then, since they're getting a shot at ranking points while we're not.

Good point,but it does end up coming down to averages,does it not? We could end up gaining in that sense if some teams have an awful tournament. Points do count for more at the wc though

Shows you how much attention we should pay to FIFA world rankings, when they have Colombia ranked 4th in the world. Not to mention Uzbekistan, Mali and Burkina Faso to name a few ahead of the Republic of Ireland.

We were ranked 77th last April.

Greece in the top 10 and Mexico ahead of us are this month's comedy highlights.

I agree with Greece, there an awful side but they keep on getting lucky groups hence why they keep winning.

I've always thought Mexico were an ok side so I don't know why your having a pop at them.

I agree with Greece, there an awful side but they keep on getting lucky groups hence why they keep winning.

Awful to watch - maybe. But incredibly effective.

They've won an International tournament in the last 10 years which propelled them up the standings. Its not their fault that teams can't beat them in qualifying.

We were ranked 77th last April.

Greece in the top 10 and Mexico ahead of us are this month's comedy highlights.

Yep, Greece have had the most ridiculously easy qualifying groups for the past 10-12 years so keep being ranked well above their station. And Mexico really struggled through their last qualifying campaign and just don't appear to be very good, so they're probably ranked too high aswell.

Also for all the Mexico bashing I watched their latest game against USA and they 2-2. USA are higher up again in the rankings so while the Yanks are a tad high up Mexico are probably rightly in around us.

Can't read too much into these rankings anyway, they're not a good representation of how good a team is.

Some Welsh guy I work with was having kittens yesterday when talking about Scotland being 22nd.

That's sort of what happens when you keep beating teams (Croatia x2, Poland) above you in the rankings m8. Wales might want to give it a try sometime.

Some Welsh guy I work with was having kittens yesterday when talking about Scotland being 22nd.

That's sort of what happens when you keep beating teams (Croatia x2, Poland) above you in the rankings m8. Wales might want to give it a try sometime.

The Welsh should be proud at having beaten us. They should see it as a great achievement, equivalent to when we beat the French twice ... 8) .... ;)

Greece have won 12 and lost 2 of their last 17 matches.

We'd love that sort of record.

I didn't realise they managed to get to the quarters of Euro 2012. They managed 4 points in there group game, a draw with Poland, a loss against the Czechs and a win over Russia.

Archived