First stop - Dortmund

Big Fifer

Not into all the kilts, feathers and Tartan Army guff. Should be a great trip.

Me neither. Me and my mates are more Trainspotting than Braveheart. Say hello, we'll be the only ones that don't look like they've just stepped off a shortbread tin.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me and a few mates are considering this now as well, not totally sure what's best, flights to Cologne are £260 for a return or we could maybe fly to Amsterdam and train into Dortmund? Any advice is welcome as none of us have a clue what we're doing to be honest!

Me and a few mates are considering this now as well, not totally sure what's best, flights to Cologne are £260 for a return or we could maybe fly to Amsterdam and train into Dortmund? Any advice is welcome as none of us have a clue what we're doing to be honest!

Edinburgh to Hanover is coming in at 160 ish, albeit with a brief stopover in Manchester.

Yes the World Cup proved that it is solely Scotland fans who like to dress up and have a laugh whilst following their team.

You wouldn't catch serious nations such as the Dutch dressing in head to toe in their national colours. Or a respected player such as Schweinsteiger wearing the national dress of his region. Definitely just those "Tartan Army" embarrassments.

When they going to announce how many tickets we've got?!

I'm assuming they already know but are waiting till all this season ticket pish calms down!

When does publi transport between cities stop? If we stayed in Dusseldorf would trains/buses back from Dortmund still be running after the game ends at 11ish?

Fairly certain trains run through the night. There are absolutely tons of folk staying in Dusseldorf, you'll be fine.

I looked at train to london from edinburgh then flights to dusseldorf from there , flights were about 60 quid return and the train about £40/50 return. Obviously a bit of a treck but does save a bit of cash compared to flying from up here

Is that across the entire country?

no, just in the region.

If you're coming from Dusseldorf which is about 50 minutes away on the train or Essen which is a bit close you're covered, but if you're coming from Berlin or Munich then no.

Free rail travel with your game ticket on matchday.

Pretty sure I was told the trains run 24hrs but dont quote me on that

We've got tickets, but will be heading back to Dusseldorf from Dortmund in the early hours of Sunday morning. Take it 'match day' ends at midnight?

We've got tickets, but will be heading back to Dusseldorf from Dortmund in the early hours of Sunday morning. Take it 'match day' ends at midnight?

The match is Sunday, therefore I'm assuming you mean Monday morning?

Archived