First stop - Dortmund

Big Fifer

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regan on his twitter account saying Dortmund looks the most likely venue for our game, most likely date being the 7th of September.

The unreliable Record said Dortmund last week. I would take the gamble with Dortmund. Big stadium, first game etc.

Regan on his twitter account saying Dortmund looks the most likely venue for our game, most likely date being the 7th of September.

The date is definitely the 7th September.

I'm under the impression that is non negotiable.

Looks like the German national side haven't used Dortmund since they lost the 2006 World Cup semi to Italy.

Took a punt on it being there, return Glasgow to Cologne via Birmingham, Saturday then back Monday same route £170, prices will rocket if/when it's confirmed.

If it's elsewhere, the Deutsche Bahn is superb.

Will be slightly disappointed if it's Dortmund (and if it isn't, what was Regan doing by hinting at it? He must know folk will book up based on stuff like that) as I've been there twice before, most recently last September. Was hoping it would be Berlin. Dortmund as a city is pretty drab, I have booked digs for our group there with free cancellation but might look into staying in Dusseldorf.

Not booking flights til it's 100% confirmed though.

I booked flights to Berlin as soon as the game was announced due to having family there (aka free digs). Hotels seem to be pretty cheap atm so just book a place with no cancelation fee.

Will be slightly disappointed if it's Dortmund (and if it isn't, what was Regan doing by hinting at it? He must know folk will book up based on stuff like that) as I've been there twice before, most recently last September. Was hoping it would be Berlin. Dortmund as a city is pretty drab, I have booked digs for our group there with free cancellation but might look into staying in Dusseldorf.

Not booking flights til it's 100% confirmed though.

Agree with you here, mate. I've not been to Berlin so was really hoping it'd be there. To be fair we played them in Dortmund back in 2003 and I was there, and it was excellent (apart from the teeming rain that put paid to the fan zone in the main square before the game).

Dusseldorf and Cologne are both cracking cities within easy reach of Dortmund. Not sorted our travel plans but will be doing so ASAP.

Confirmed as Dortmund.

Also confirmed there is NO September friendly game.

Thought someone here said it was mandatory?

Surprised, frankly. We'll go 6 months (early March to early September) with only a post-season friendly v Nigeria before facing Germany.

Archived