Good or bad group for Scotland?

Dryhorce

Looks like I might be in the minority but I think it potentially is a pretty horrific draw. Scotland have always struggled against perceived 'average to good' teams (Georgia, Ireland and Poland all fit that description)

We need Germany to destroy everyone leaving it as an even playing field for the rest of us, and it goes without saying but the home games are must wins.

Who is calling them average teams mentioned all this above,can mind the 2 0 humping in Georgia.We scraped past them 2 1 at home to.Thing is though we have a real manager that knows what he is doing,and more players preforming well in the top flight in England.And a good pool of back up players playing in the championship and dare I say it for your team United,think we can be quittly confident if we can carry that bad of luck that has alodeid us before.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A decent draw, but I think every team in the group will be pleased with that. Germany will, rightly, see it as easy and games between them and Poland are always decent (I'm sure someone will be along to point out a howler). Poland will not see us, Ireland or Georgia as threats in Poland and would think themselves favourites for second place and I agree they should be. We are saying Ireland are poor, and they are, but they will be saying the exact same thing about us. We have to win in Ireland and at Hampden/Ibrox/Celtic Park to have any chance of progressing I think. Georgia will be quietly confident they can do us and Ireland in Georgia. Who can forget that awful, cowardly performance we put in against when we lost 2-0 there? A disgrace. Gibraltar will just be happy to be in the draw and will be delighted to go to Germany (although the scoreline there will surely be double figures) and will enjoy having the large, noisy supports of Germany, Poland, ourselves and Ireland coming to wherever it is they will play.

Think it will finish;

Germany

Poland

Scotland

Georgia

Ireland

Gibraltar

But could also see us, Ireland and Georgia trading places in that just as easily. As always it's the away performances we'll need to sort out. The usual crap we've served up for the last 15 or so years in away games can't continue if we're to qualify for a tournament again. It's so predictable and easy to play against. Clubs must love drawing Scotland as they'll know it's almost always a home win for them, save for the few exceptions.

Who is calling them average teams mentioned all this above,can mind the 2 0 humping in Georgia.We scraped past them 2 1 at home to.Thing is though we have a real manager that knows what he is doing,and more players preforming well in the top flight in England.And a good pool of back up players playing in the championship and dare I say it for your team United,think we can be quittly confident if we can carry that bad of luck that has alodeid us before.

I am. Poland are good, Georgia and Ireland are average. Scotland have had a long history of just not putting in performances against these kinds of teams but I hope things will be different this time round. Any team that gets of to a decent start will fancy their chances, but as DA Baracus mentions every team out with Germany and Gibraltar will be thinking the same thing. I have no idea how this group might pan out, but it will be very tight.

How are Poland compared to Croatia? I haven't seen Poland since the last Euro's.

At least the friendly will be interesting now.

Poland where in England's group for the qualifiers and finished 4th behind England Ukraine and Macedonia. Drew with England in Poland.

Archived