Marshall or McGregor

Slim Charles

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who did Alex Ferguson take to Manure when Eric the red was injured,it was Andy Goram.Who was a top goal keeper especially for a wee keeper.Probably why he never got the chance sooner to play in the top league.Think this pretty much says it all.Also the idea McGregor is having a bad seasons laughable,pundits like Kamara a ex manager believes that he will sign for a much bigger team in England as he is quality.And has stood out when ever I have watched Hull on skysports this year.Its good we have two keepers playing in the top flight.Be good if Alexander knocked Speroni out the Palace team and we would have three.

You do realise Ferguson signed Leighton for Man U also?

What we're seeing is Marshall coming to his peak. He seems to have a lot more self-assuredness about his game and is communicating more clearly with his defence, two things he was weak on when he burst onto the scene with Celtic.

However, I think we should stick with McGregor for continuity as he's done nothing to deserve being dropped, and Marshall isn't a clear head better than him or anything.

The great Dane Schmichael you moron,the flying pig only played with Oldham to start with.

Hodekingson the goal keeper coach that coached Scotland and England,also said Goram was the best he worked with in his book

And he worked with guys like Seaman Clemence and Shilton not to mention Leighton

Pretty much says it all about him the best keeper never to play for England in his words.

Dryhorse hodgkinson was not friends with Leighton and when it came to picking the keeper for Scotland games Hodgkinson the Englishman was left to choose the keeper to start, Craig Brown backed his decision and surprise surprise he chose his fellow guff.

Goram is Scottish though just like McCall,try calling any of them English to there face.

Dont know were you heard he picked who played,think its crap anyway as Leighton played for Brown.

Was there at the Sweden game we won and big Leighton had a stand out kept us in the game.

Cant remember if Goram was on the bench or not mind,need to look that one up.

Nothing to chose between them. McGregor has been first choice so carry on. Having said that give Marshall some friendly games.

Sod that we should play our best team in friendlies and we might not be in pot four next time,if we can win more of them.

You're both a pair of pillocks. Hodgkinson did not ever pick the Scotland goalie, wherever you head that, return and slap whoever said it across the chops with a wet salmon. Goram walked out prior to France 98 after a conversation with Broon where Goram asked, quite rightly, why as manager Broon should be worried about having to make a choice, and basically feeling that he'd like Leighton but felt Goram was better. I'd have told hom to shove it up his erse too.

Dryhorce, where to start. I've never heard of Eric Schmeichel. You did say Eric the Red....same as you said Belgium would be top seeds in the Euros draw if they 'had a good World Cup'. Now PETER Schmeichel's last game for Manchester United was in the Camp Nou defeating Bayern Munich. Goram played two games in 2001 (one of which i was present to witness). Wrong wrong wrong. Your'e just wrong all round!!!

You're both a pair of pillocks. Hodgkinson did not ever pick the Scotland goalie, wherever you head that, return and slap whoever said it across the chops with a wet salmon. Goram walked out prior to France 98 after a conversation with Broon where Goram asked, quite rightly, why as manager Broon should be worried about having to make a choice, and basically feeling that he'd like Leighton but felt Goram was better. I'd have told hom to shove it up his erse too. Dryhorce, where to start. I've never heard of Eric Schmeichel. You did say Eric the Red....same as you said Belgium would be top seeds in the Euros draw if they 'had a good World Cup'. Now PETER Schmeichel's last game for Manchester United was in the Camp Nou defeating Bayern Munich. Goram played two games in 2001 (one of which i was present to witness). Wrong wrong wrong. Your'e just wrong all round!!!

It's well documented that Hodgkinson favoured Goram over Leighton. While he might not have picked the team it seems that he had a big influence over Brown's GK selections.

I'd be inclined to believe this 'influence' extended to Broon outright asking him who he should pick if he wasn't so loyal to Leighton. He fucked up persistently, then showed zilch back to Broon when he threw his toys out the pram. You could level that statement about Hodgkinson, Gordo to, for example, Hodgson dropping Hart, the media darling, despite everyone else telling him he's fucking brilliant...and deciding he's wrong after all. AH's job was to coach the keepers, and report back to the manager on anything he asked about. Even if he did prefer Goram, so what?? It clearly made no difference, and i have no doubts whatsoever Broon's misplaced loyalty to JL saw him selected (far more than he should have been when in direct competition) than being egged on to pick the coach's favourite. Especially when several other superior players of that time barely featured, like Davie Robertson and Duncan Disorderly, or didnt at all, in the case of Gough and Mojo in their twilights. Hardly a man easily led by others, Broon. And even if i disagreed, quite right on him too.

Nothing to chose between them. McGregor has been first choice so carry on. Having said that give Marshall some friendly games.

Sod that we should play our best team in friendlies and we might not be in pot four next time,if we can win more of them.

If there is nothing beween them, how does playing the other weaken the team?

Archived