Marshall or McGregor

Slim Charles

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Both have been outstanding for their clubs this season. Marshall's save tonight was stunning.

A year ago, McGregor would've been undisputed No1, but the way Marshall's played this season has brought him right into contention. Plus Marshall has impressed me every time he's played for Scotland, despite taking a few hammering defeats.

I'm a big fan of both players. Two tremendous options to have at international level. As sad as it is to say, we don't really miss Craig Gordon that much.

I'm going for Marshall, marginally.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Players can only really be judged on recent form in international football, particularly when you're trying to decide between two players who are fairly close in quality. On those grounds right now I'd say Marshall is ahead, and even in a competitive game I'd probably consider him no.1 just now.

What's this all about?

He choose to better himself instead of playing in the Third Division.

Before you go on about how he could have commanded a transfer fee consider the fact that he would have been transferring his contract to a bunch of snake oil salesman that had no loyalty to him (or indeed the club). Would you have taken their word?

He choose to better himself instead of playing in the Third Division.

Before you go on about how he could have commanded a transfer fee consider the fact that he would have been transferring his contract to a bunch of snake oil salesman that had no loyalty to him (or indeed the club). Would you have taken their word?

I forgot he was still there when Rangers died, my apologies. Funny how The Rangers fans see it as an act of a traitor though :lol:

McPumper, and quite an easy decision too. He didn't hold a candle to Gordon, when they were the main keepers, but in the here and now, McGregor at least appears to deal with big games and playing against big personalities better. Maybe i'm using guilt by association, but Marshall has been on the end of more fistings from bang-average opposition than any other goalie i can think of. This almost reminds me of the great Goram-Leighton debate which raged in the 90s, where there was not only no contest who the better goalie was, the team often played better or wirse depending who was in the sticks.

Whit??? Lay off the booze eh. If anything, Leighton throwing himself about the place was the only thing that he had going for him when Puff Candy was in his pomp. Games against Greece and Sweden come to mind as examples of this ( he was injured playing in both games....fueling the myth further). In 1990, not his best year, Fergie saw enough and binned him. If Roxburgh had a better alternative than Bryan Gunn, he'd have gotten shot of him too. Goram arguably inspired and guided us through the draw with Holland and, until Shearer's goal, was largely responsible for us arguably winning the England game on points. Leighton's flapping and terrible communication two years later cost us even dignity in defeat. And dont start me on his 'retirement'.....

Who did Alex Ferguson take to Manure when Eric the red was injured,it was Andy Goram.Who was a top goal keeper especially for a wee keeper.Probably why he never got the chance sooner to play in the top league.Think this pretty much says it all.Also the idea McGregor is having a bad seasons laughable,pundits like Kamara a ex manager believes that he will sign for a much bigger team in England as he is quality.And has stood out when ever I have watched Hull on skysports this year.Its good we have two keepers playing in the top flight.Be good if Alexander knocked Speroni out the Palace team and we would have three.

Archived