top 5 favourite Junior Grounds

Roy Race

Spartans ( even though I wasnt there for a Junior game, they did run a Junior team for a bit so it qualifies). Prefer old school venues but this deserves a mention, cracking facilities and bar / cafe up the stair with decent view. Went with boys from work last year to a game and def best of any of the new grounds I've been to

Forgot Ainslie Park!

Fantastic set-up, with the Academy & everything. Top quality.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of best grounds a enjoying going to are 1,Linlithgow ,top dog imo,2.Hill o beath,was there 4 pre season friendly,brilliant set up,3.Rob roy,love going over to adamslie to play our local rivals,al miss it when its finally gone! 4&5 Cambuslang and Lesmahagow,always loved going to the 2 of them,looks like a wont b visiting the gow this season,hope they get there pitch sorted! Mentions to Ardrossan,troon,yoker,camelon and Shotts(even tho we seem to get pumped everytime we're up there ! Lol.)

Yer team's actually won six times at Hannah Park over the years but since the last time was in September 1982 I suppose the memories are slightly blurred. Still, don't look back, look forward - it can't last forever!

1. Talbot

2. Pollock

3. Linlithgow

4. Kilbirnie

5. Beith

6. Troon

7. Sauchie

8. Bo'ness

9. Cambuslang

10. St anthonys

11. Irvine meadow

12. Petershill (old ground)

13.arthurlie

14. Robroy

15. Jeanfield (old ground)

16. Newtongrange

17. Cumnock

18. Hurlford

19. Glen Afton

20. Kilwinning

They arent in any order just i loved playing at

Can ye leave your ex clubs for another thread. Hahaha.

Few will have visited them but I remember going to Cowal Stadium when Dunoon had a junior team.

Also Linksfield in Aberdeen when we played a Scottish tie there in early 60's(Lewis Utd?)

Bridgeton Waverley played at Carntyne Stadium, a greyhound track then, but had big stands in my distant memory.

The original Grangemouth stadium when Grangemouth juniors played there in the early 60's.

Royal Alberts park in the 50's. Another greyhound stadium with a big wooden stand. Can't remember what it was named.

The best for atmosphere though in those days was undoubtably the old Petershill park, always a huge crowd, I remember being there for a LEAGUE match with a near 10000 crowd (Monday May 27th 1957, Petershill 0 Kilsyth 5) just thought I would remind the Peasy fans.

Few will have visited them but I remember going to Cowal Stadium when Dunoon had a junior team.

Also Linksfield in Aberdeen when we played a Scottish tie there in early 60's(Lewis Utd?)

Bridgeton Waverley played at Carntyne Stadium, a greyhound track then, but had big stands in my distant memory.

The original Grangemouth stadium when Grangemouth juniors played there in the early 60's.

Royal Alberts park in the 50's. Another greyhound stadium with a big wooden stand. Can't remember what it was named.

The best for atmosphere though in those days was undoubtably the old Petershill park, always a huge crowd, I remember being there for a LEAGUE match with a near 10000 crowd (Monday May 27th 1957, Petershill 0 Kilsyth 5) just thought I would remind the Peasy fans.

was saying to my mate on Sunday dunoon be great to have wee team back.. Be a great wee trip out is any pictures anywhere of there set up back then. Go over now and then visiting my uncle. He did not even know they had team haha

Linlthgow - The benchmark for all junior grounds and a cracking social club

Lochee - An excellent view of the whole pitch from up on the banking and always a warm welcome from the ladies in the pie stall.

Kennoway Star Hearts - Trenton Park is in a beatiful location with views of the Lomond hills. New kids on the block have a lot to be proud of.

Steelend - Junior football at it's most basic. I always enjoyed an annual trip for an evening game and hope they come back soon.

I honestly can't think of a fifth ground that stands out so that's my top four.

1. Kilbirnie. Mainly just for the atmosphere it creates. It was the first junior ground I played at that I couldn't hear the managers instructions over the crowd. Supporters give as good as they get but it was always taken in the right way with smiles and handhsakes all round at the end.

2. Troon. The club has invested heavily in the last few years and it is really paying dividends now, with arguably the best surface in junior football and maybe even one of the best in Scotland. Off the park, the social club and bar hae been transformed and it's a great place to watch football.

3. Haddington. Fantastic set up all round and coupled with great people running the club.

4. Whitletts. I envy our players getting to play here every second week and hope they all appreciate how lucky they are to play at such a great venue. Facilities are first class, as is the pitch.

5. Talbot. Sets the standard in terms of how a club should be run and the investment off the park is as impressive as the results on it.

Are we talking about grounds or away days? If its grounds were talking about playing surface and facilities for supporters

1) Talbot

2) Pollok

3) Petershill

4) Shotts

5) Ashfield

Away days takes into account how good quality an away day experience it is, which is entirely subjective. For example, Talbot is a shite away day. It's a million miles away, a nightmare to get to, a pretty horrible place (awaits bite) and more than likely a hiding. The best away days for me are;

1) Pollok

2) Beith

3) Ladeside

4) Shotts

5) Arthurlie

ETA: honourable mention to Meadow, who were 6th on both lists. Their playing surface is amazing, but I weighed it up against the Petershill facilities and chose that despite their plastic pitch. The also only lost out on the away days list as I've only ever been twice and although I had a good time on both occasions, I've had a better time elsewhere

Trust Barrfields to start confusing the issue and making the question harder than it actually is? Every one else is able to give their 1 to 5 without any problems, but no not Barrfields he's got to guild the lilly and turn it into Rocket science lol ha ha actually only kidding Barrfields there is many ways that you can answer the question just thought I would have a wee friendly dig and believe me it is in pure friendship no offence taken I hope pal ha ha

How can you list Bonnyrigg, not a patch on a number of others

How can you list Bonnyrigg, not a patch on a number of others

We have good points and not so good points, same as many.

Think TFW is basing his judgement around the scottish cup semi a few years ago when there were 2500 packed in, how could you not enjoy that?

Trust Barrfields to start confusing the issue and making the question harder than it actually is? Every one else is able to give their 1 to 5 without any problems, but no not Barrfields he's got to guild the lilly and turn it into Rocket science lol ha ha actually only kidding Barrfields there is many ways that you can answer the question just thought I would have a wee friendly dig and believe me it is in pure friendship no offence taken I hope pal ha

to be fair to barrfields he about right on the atmosphere,, couple ave chosen lack in atmosphere but that not the grounds fault..fans make the atmosphere,, a few said kilbirnie for the atmosphere but its jack shit to do with our ground its our fans that make that..

Are we talking about grounds or away days? If its grounds were talking about playing surface and facilities for supporters

1) Talbot

2) Pollok

3) Petershill

4) Shotts

5) Ashfield

Away days takes into account how good quality an away day experience it is, which is entirely subjective. For example, Talbot is a shite away day. It's a million miles away, a nightmare to get to, a pretty horrible place (awaits bite) and more than likely a hiding. The best away days for me are;

1) Pollok

2) Beith

3) Ladeside

4) Shotts

5) Arthurlie

ETA: honourable mention to Meadow, who were 6th on both lists. Their playing surface is amazing, but I weighed it up against the Petershill facilities and chose that despite their plastic pitch. The also only lost out on the away days list as I've only ever been twice and although I had a good time on both occasions, I've had a better time elsewhere

I'm guessing you like a swally Barrfields, with your top 5 all having clubs attached. Cant imagine why you rate Petershill playing surface though, personally I find it a lottery and usually have to fight the urge to stay away from it. Your own new artifical surface is far superior and makes for closer to the conditions played on real grass.

I'm guessing you like a swally Barrfields, with your top 5 all having clubs attached. Cant imagine why you rate Petershill playing surface though, personally I find it a lottery and usually have to fight the urge to stay away from it. Your own new artifical surface is far superior and makes for closer to the conditions played on real grass.

Like I said it was a toss between Meadow and Petershill, and I weighed up the facilities against the pitch. Meadows pitch is probably in the top 10 grass surfaces I've ever seen. We went there for a game in March after a harsh winter (Scottish cup 1/4 final 2010) and the pitch was like the first day of the season. But the facilities at Petershill are just too good not to mention.

I picked my away days entirely on experience. Beith and Ladeside were picked because they are close, theyre derbies, you've a good chance of winning, and you're home in time for the 5.30 kick off. Pollok was number 1 for its easy access to the city centre, pubs in the nearby area, good social club and good experiences (relegation day aside). Arthurlie was picked for the exact same reasons. Shotts was a dark horse but I've always had an amazing time when we've went through there for an away day.

Archived