The role of the media in #indyref

Todders

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, nearly a full page of them dragging the thread horrifically off-topic.

I blame myself.

It's not your fault, pretending to be outraged by the things people say on the internet is a big part of Better Together's campaign strategy, clearly.

Still no apology for being misogynist pigs by the MCC.

So you expect a group apology?

And please stop using that acronym, there isn't enough cringe in the world.

Are you allowed to say people are pigs? That's shocking.

So, JUST TO BE CLEAR, Libby's allowed to call Yes voters pigs, but no one on this side is allowed to be a bit fruity with the old language?

MM KAY.

A simple "I'm sorry for being a misogynist pig" would have done from Jamaldo. Instead we have two white knights and a circle jerk of blatant sexism. Oh well. What do you expect from the MCC?

A simple "I'm sorry for being a misogynist pig" would have done from Jamaldo. Instead we have two white knights and a circle jerk of blatant sexism. Oh well. What do you expect from the MCC?

What has the Marylebone Cricket Club got to do with anything?

I find your insinuation of group masturbation homophobic and deeply hurting.

Why don't you apologise for being a cowardly apologistic sycophant and we can move on from there?

Do me a favour love.

please can everyone stop replying to these trolls every time they try and take a subject off topic. They will not discuss any valid points so it is a total wasts of time even trying. Just put them on ignore and stop feeding them

It's funny isn't it that HB and Banterman start and stop posting at the same time.

One would almost imagine they're the same person.

I don't believe that, but banterman is starting to become quite unsavoury. He's starting to use the same anti-Yes voter terms like "cybernats" etc.

A stunning display of faux offence and whataboutery from the 3 amigos here.

Actually no - I already dealt with your claim that every unnamed source ever is made up. Unnamed sources have a long history in journalism - from deep throat to brieifings against alistair darling earlier this month.

what you have failed to answer is whther you find it acceptable to call a woman a "bitch" - a question you have dodged several times.

And my outrage is not faux - if posters want to call Hilton a liar, and they have an argument as to why - that's up to them. Quite why "bitch" was necessary I don;t know.

I don't believe that, but banterman is starting to become quite unsavoury. He's starting to use the same anti-Yes voter terms like "cybernats" etc.

I;m sorry you feel like that. genuinely. I try not to descened into the abuse on here which is so reminiscent of the old firm forum, I pulled you up for "bitch" because i thought it was out of line, and I was suprised no one else did.

As for "cybernats" I've tended to use it as a catch all term for Yes supporters who promote the cause online, i understand that the term has implicaions that lots of posters on here wouldn't want to be associated with, which is totally fair. it's just laziness on my part really.

Actually no - I already dealt with your claim that every unnamed source ever is made up. Unnamed sources have a long history in journalism - from deep throat to brieifings against alistair darling earlier this month.

what you have failed to answer is whther you find it acceptable to call a woman a "bitch" - a question you have dodged several times.

And my outrage is not faux - if posters want to call Hilton a liar, and they have an argument as to why - that's up to them. Quite why "bitch" was necessary I don;t know.

Why should it be up to me to ascertain whether or not it is acceptable to call a woman a "bitch"?

Did I call her a "bitch"?

Did "you"?

"No".

So "settle" down.

Why should it be up to me to ascertain whether or not it is acceptable to call a woman a "bitch"?

Your own standards of what is acceptable language or not?

This is fairly straightforward stuff. either you think it's alright or it's not. Parp clearly think's it's okay, I don't. You seem more intent on sweeping the issue away and calling it whataboutery 9which it isn;t of course) whilst ignoring the fact that i;ve already addressed your point about unnamed sources.

Your own standards of what is acceptable language or not?

This is fairly straightforward stuff. either you think it's alright or it's not. Parp clearly think's it's okay, I don't. You seem more intent on sweeping the issue away and calling it whataboutery 9which it isn;t of course) whilst ignoring the fact that i;ve already addressed your point about unnamed sources.

And I disagree with you about unnamed sources.

It's not for me to say what language others use. Why are you so hand-wringingly desperate for me to condemn or applaud it?

Not to worry.

The oaksoft/Burma guy will be along shortly to make some more mental illness jibes. Just to raise the tone a bit.

And I disagree with you about unnamed sources.

It's not for me to say what language others use. Why are you so hand-wringingly desperate for me to condemn or applaud it?

Out of interest - remember the Guardian story about the UK Minister saying "of course a currency union will happen" - was that made up?

Why are you so desperate to avoid passing comment on it? it's not ike you're short of an opinion (and I mean that in a good way!) so why the sudden "it's not for me to say" over mysoginistic language?

Archived