Muirkirk Manager Resigns

Holygrail

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We played our first game under Jose and Davie on saturday against a good young Dalry side and it has to be said it was a great game in terrible conditions, both teams played some great stuff. The new players that came into the side gave us a right boost and the attitude by all the players was spot on. Down 3 - 1 at half time the management team gave us belief before we went back out for the second half that we could turn it about and we dominated the second half and got back to 3 -3 and had chances to win the game, however Heartbreak struck in the last minute when a dalry clearance went straight through and their player finished well.It was a cruel ending after all the boys had put in 120 % but All in all a much better performance everyones buzzing at the moment bring on next saturday ( Weather permitting ). Wee Jose still has all the twists and turns and pace to burn too just ask the Dalry right back.

I think this situation is fantastic. Muirkirk is a great wee village with an excellent community spirit. The excitement generated by Jose going there must be huge. Good on the wee man for taking it on as I mentioned earlier there wasn't going to be any pressure on whoever took the post and I'm sure he'll have a ball there. And if he gets stuck when it comes to tactical stuff he can reach into his pocket, bring out the bookie slip and call Eekie anytime. Cannae lose!

why is everyone so convinced this is a great appointment ?? Because Quintongo was senior ?? What Experience does he have as a manager , abd what good contacts will he have in the juniors ? The reason I'm asking is in my first stint at the buffs they appointment ex killie legend Paul Wright as manager, no doubting he was a great guy but the appointment was a disaster ! He had no junior contacts and brought in young senior players on loan who couldn't cut it in the super premier . We then went from champions to relegation in one season ! Now I know Muirkirk are not at the same level that Kilwinning were at then but I'm just saying there is nothing to back up he'll be a great appointment apart from he's an ex top senior.

On the flip side I hope it does work out as it's a great wee set up down there and would be good to see the team improve but I will reserve judgement as the seniors and juniors are totally different kettle of fish from what he will be used to

It is a great appointment in the fact he has put Muirkirk on the map. Two weeks ago no-one was talking about them now I'm sure quite a lot of people looked for their result on Saturday.

The committee should be praised for looking outside the box.

The appointment may or may not work out. Only time will tell.

why is everyone so convinced this is a great appointment ?? Because Quintongo was senior ?? What Experience does he have as a manager , abd what good contacts will he have in the juniors ? The reason I'm asking is in my first stint at the buffs they appointment ex killie legend Paul Wright as manager, no doubting he was a great guy but the appointment was a disaster ! He had no junior contacts and brought in young senior players on loan who couldn't cut it in the super premier . We then went from champions to relegation in one season ! Now I know Muirkirk are not at the same level that Kilwinning were at then but I'm just saying there is nothing to back up he'll be a great appointment apart from he's an ex top senior.

On the flip side I hope it does work out as it's a great wee set up down there and would be good to see the team improve but I will reserve judgement as the seniors and juniors are totally different kettle of fish from what he will be used to

There's nothing to lose and everything to gain for the club. With his playing experience Jose raises the profile of a wee provincial club which has been toiling away in the doldrums for as long as I can remember. The local papers will be reporting the situation and forums like ours are suddenly talking about the club.You're not comparing apples with apples with your Buffs example.

In the summer Muirkirk were looking to the likes of Netherthird Amateurs for players now the wee man will tempt some much more experienced players in. What was the alternative? An Ayrshire league journeyman? A local worthy? It's a good appointment.

fair play as I said Jim buffs were at a different level I just hope they're not pushing the boat out moneywise to get Jose and any players he wants to bring in just to get their name in lights for a season... We all know that's a dodgy road to go down. As I say I do hope it works out though

Jose played with glenafton, so he's not totally clueless about the juniors.

Perhaps he sees it a stepping stone to bigger things.

As for money, I don't think it will be about that. Muirkirk will be well aware of the dangers of spending outwith their means, but perhaps the interest that a 'big name' will bring will generate a wee bit more capital to work with.

Also, he is still playing, so that must be a benefit to the club in various ways, ie his own ability and the attraction for players to play alongside him.

A brave appointment? I don't think so.

Calculated? Definately. It is a win win situation for Muirkirk. If it doesn't work out then they are no worse off than their current situation.

Jose played with glenafton, so he's not totally clueless about the juniors.

Perhaps he sees it a stepping stone to bigger things.

As for money, I don't think it will be about that. Muirkirk will be well aware of the dangers of spending outwith their means, but perhaps the interest that a 'big name' will bring will generate a wee bit more capital to work with.

Also, he is still playing, so that must be a benefit to the club in various ways, ie his own ability and the attraction for players to play alongside him.

A brave appointment? I don't think so.

Calculated? Definately. It is a win win situation for Muirkirk. If it doesn't work out then they are no worse off than their current situation.

got to admit I didn't realise he had any junior experience but would be very surprised if he had joined for no money but fair play to him if he has. What I would say is unfortunately I can't see him being able to entice a better class of player to Muirkirk i.e. Seasoned experienced juniors or ex seniors without showing them the readys. Sadly money talks for most players in the juniors nowadays and even more so when you're asking them to drop down a few levels !!

But as I say bold move and really hope it works out... Just not as confident as some !!

I'm not 100 per cent on this so don't quote me on it but Im sure there is no wage involved for Jose n David Lyons, possibly travelling expenses n possibly a fone, as for his lack of junior experience I'm sure Jose played with glenafton, East Kilbride, lesmahagow and a few other junior sides in recent seasons, think the guy Lyons has a few contacts on the junior side as well, according to a few of my freinds who are still at muirkirk there's a good vibe about and Saturdays performance was a massive improvement from recent games, I had said previously there is a few good boys already at muirkirk but they needed another 4 or 5 to be competitive, if anything they lacked a bit of experience, there was 3 new players played on sat including quitongo so if they add another 3 or 4 with a bit of quality they could have a good 2nd half to the season n surprise a few teams

Jose has a vast knowledge of the game at all levels and hes a great character around the place. They have been in charge for a week now and the difference in training and the general atmosphere is different class. Anyone who was at the game against Dalry on saturday will tell you it was a different Muirkirk team playing with hunger, desire and most importantly we competed for the full 90 minutes and in my opinion we deserved to win the game or at the very least get a draw out of it. However it wasnt to be but hopefully gone are the days of being down 7-0 at half time !! Davie Lyons also has experience in the Juniors. Every manager has to start somewhere and for Jose its at Muirkirk, i personally think its a great appointment not only for the club but for the village aswell. Im looking forward to ma football again and know everyone in Muirkirk and most people outwith will be rooting for the wee man to do well.

Been following this thread for a while now and i feel this is great appointment. You just have to look at the interest it has created already even been reported in the papers. I have visited muirkirk for the last few years and noticed they have a good set up off the park. I would like to congratulate them on a bold choice of manager and hope it pays off as we have already played them home and away....Mon the Kirk.

All credit to Muirkirk for competing against Dalry, and although it was a "good"result for them, anyone saying they deserved to win is wearing blinkers. Yes it was much better than the doing they might have got a few weeks ago, but in a game which was ruined by the wind, Dalry deserved their win.

Muirkirk will be no pushovers now though. Jose still looks to have enough skill to trouble defenders. All the best to them for the rest of the season.

14,000 views on a Muirkirk thread :thumsup2

the new appointment has certainly sparked some interest also sounds like positive feedback regarding the weekends performance although conceding 4 goals at home and defeat was the reality, lets hope they can turn this new lease of life into points on the board.

onwards and upwards must be the shout :unsure:

Archived