Ryan Gauld

DjembaDjemba

I do like a good moan about how the OF are always winning our league, but it could be worse. Outside "the big three" (benfica, porto and sporting) only 2 other teams have EVER won the Portuguese top flight, those being Belenenses in '45 and Boavista in '01. What a truly dire state of affairs that is.

Edited by jamamafegan

I do like a good moan about how the OF are always winning our league, but it could be worse. Outside "the big three" (benfica, porto and sporting) only 2 other teams have EVER won the Portuguese top flight, those being Belenenses in '45 and Boavista in '01. What a truly dire state of affairs that is.

Same situation in Turkey, where only Besiktas, Bursaspor, Galatasaray, Fenerbahce or Trabzonspor have ever won the league. And Bursaspor were only added to this list about 6 years ago with their first and only title.

Strachan doesn't rate him. Or there's been a fall out. Or he's rejected us.

Or he's suddenly become an arrogant wee ballsack

ETS, I originally mistyped that as "an arrogant wee ballack" ... now that would be just perfect :lol:

Edited by Gordopolis

I'd have him involved with the senior squad as much as possible.

I don't think he's ready to be called up yet. Maybe during the start of the next campaign, or do a Theo Walcott and bring him along to the Euro's (if we make it), but don't play him.

Gaulds only played in 2 first team games this season remember. Strachan has been asked about him before and rates him highly. The lads time will come.

He's played a few LC games now plus one league game no?

Absolutely no chance that Gauld isn't good enough to be in the senior squad already. I wouldn't be starting him against anyone except Gibraltar at this stage but he'd be a very useful player to have coming off the bench if you need a goal.

He's played a few LC games now plus one league game no?

Absolutely no chance that Gauld isn't good enough to be in the senior squad already. I wouldn't be starting him against anyone except Gibraltar at this stage but he'd be a very useful player to have coming off the bench if you need a goal.

okay mr pedantic, he's only featured in a 'few' games this season then. I reckon he's a massive future and will get his chance sooner than later for scotland. We've started this campaign well enough, have some excellent attacking players already involved so I really don't see the massive hurry to cap him now. As I said earlier his time will come. Edited by supermegs

Surely the home game vs Gibraltar is the perfect time for his first appearance. Even if he didn't start, bringing him on when we're struggling at 0-0 with 15 minutes to go a few goals up at half time would be an ideal debut situation for him.

Surely the home game vs Gibraltar is the perfect time for his first appearance. Even if he didn't start, bringing him on when we're struggling at 0-0 with 15 minutes to go a few goals up at half time would be an ideal debut situation for him.

if we're struggling at 0-0 with 15 to go surely kenny miller is the man we must call on?

okay mr pedantic, he's only featured in a 'few' games this season then. I reckon he's a massive future and will get his chance sooner than later for scotland. We've started this campaign well enough, have some excellent attacking players already involved so I really don't see the massive hurry to cap him now. As I said earlier his time will come.

On the contrary, would it not be beneficial to integrate him into a successful squad as early as possible? Not as a starter, but as someone who can play a part at the right time in the right games. What does he or Scotland have to gain by waiting till he's 22/23 to get a cap?

Belgium stuck with their most talented youths, capping them early, and look at guys like odegaard and Christian eriksen too.