Choose your preferred team below. Close
Scotland (Default) Aberdeen Airdrie Utd Albion Rovers Alloa Athletic Annan Athletic Arbroath Ayr Utd Berwick Rangers Brechin City Celtic Clyde Cowdenbeath Dumbarton Dundee Dundee Utd Dunfermline East Fife East Stirlingshire Elgin City Falkirk Forfar Athletic Greenock Morton Hamilton Accies Hearts Hibernian Inverness Caley Kilmarnock Livingston Montrose Motherwell Partick Thistle Peterhead QoS Queens Park Raith Rovers Rangers Ross County St.Johnstone St.Mirren Stenhousemuir Stirling Albion Stranraer
Photo

Arbroath vs East Fife

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

lichtie23

lichtie23

Scottish sensation

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,290 posts
  • My Team:Arbroath
3 defeats on the bounce must come to an end at home to fellow strugglers East Fife.

Erwin back is a boost and Linn looks to have found his form. Sibanda should be nowhere near the starting XI
P&B NFL Prediction League Winner - 2010/11

P&B NFL Prediction League Runner Up - 2011/12

relichtie

relichtie

Third Division Reserve

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

3 defeats on the bounce must come to an end at home to fellow strugglers East Fife.

Erwin back is a boost and Linn looks to have found his form. Sibanda should be nowhere near the starting XI

This is almost a must win for us. Defeat could see us land up 2nd bottom depending on other results. We have to stop this run of defeats but it will not be easy. The boss really must get the guys up for this one. Another insipid show will be unacceptable. We have to show we are better than recent results. C'mon lichties.

WullieBroonIsGod

WullieBroonIsGod

Third Division Reserve

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • My Team:East Fife

Similarly it's a game East Fife absolutely have to take something from.

Aitchison is under a bit of scrutiny from sections of the support.  Out of three cups at the first hurdle and sitting second bottom of the league having only scored 8 league goals so far.

1-1 draw...

Big Fifer

Big Fifer

Junior League Starter

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

We need at least 4/6 points from these next two games in my opinion. Another defeat will have a lot of the support (including me) questioning the manager. 

east fife for life

east fife for life

Third Division Apprentice

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
We will set up defensively with Buchanan on his own up top and will have plenty of possession without creating to much. We will probably be beaten by the odd goal but all will be fine as according to Aitchison we are looking great in training and will give someone a doing soon!! Brutal. Then again team selection has been all over the place so I wouldn't be surprised to see Mbu played as a lone striker with Stonie being in goals. Mon the Fife.

fifer67

fifer67

Sunday League Superstar

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
Really looking forward to my trip to Gayfield an old fashioned stadium with grass. Same as last week and every week would not like to predict our starting 11 as willie has his own ideas. Will be a close contest and I would probably be happy with a draw. Arbroath still getting decent results at home but been poor on the road like ourselves. Funny thing is the highlight for both teams this season, is a victory against our poor fife relations at East End park. Would love to see Christian Nade play tomorrow , surely his paperwork is through by now. Weather forecast decent lighter winds tomorrow a good thing when spectating at Arbroath. Hope Ross Brown is fit after being assaulted at Forfar by marvellous Marvin Haggler. He and Stephen Hughes look like quality in the middle of the park. I just have a sneaky feeling our season is going to take a turn for the good tomorrow.

1320Lichtie

1320Lichtie

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 7,792 posts
Free week from the football so heading down to Gayf for the first time in a while. I last seen us against Airdrie and we were superb and should've won by a big margin. Since then our results have been shite but I've heard ( apart from the last 2 Brechin games where we have supposedly been atrocious ) we have been playing rather well!

Hopefully see

Morrison

Banjo
Keddie
Travis
Hamilton

Smith
Chisholm

Cook
Sheerin (would like to see him given a more advanced role to see what like, think he would be good in there, not to much running and could play some good balls forward)
Linn

Erwin

Please let us come good tomorrow. C'mon Arbroath!

lichtie23

lichtie23

Scottish sensation

• Gold Members
  • 50,290 posts
Cook in for Sibanda is a must in my opinion.

RedLichtie86

RedLichtie86

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • Gamertag:SENAGALL PSN + STEAM
I would like to see Banjo playing in one of the Holding Midfield roles. We are desperate for height in midfield to have any chance of winning a header.
Could play Donaldson, Lyndsey or one of the younger players at Right Back.

ecto

ecto

First Division Superstar

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,640 posts

Not been to game since we played well to beat Forfar and Brechin, so don't know what to expect after recent results

Why the apathy towards this game, this is a game that used to stir the passions there is more posts about Forfar v Brechin game, why?

RedLichtie86

RedLichtie86

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • Gamertag:SENAGALL PSN + STEAM
Both teams playing shite at the moment. A win for either team and more posts will appear.

thehog

thehog

Junior League Starter

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • My Team:Brechin City

Not been to game since we played well to beat Forfar and Brechin, so don't know what to expect after recent results

Why the apathy towards this game, this is a game that used to stir the passions there is more posts about Forfar v Brechin game, why?

because Brechin City are: playing. We always seem to stir everyones emotions.

ecto

ecto

First Division Superstar

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,640 posts

I would like to see Linn in behind Erwin, Lindsay to play in front of Hamilton, Banjo still at right-back and two holding midfielders two from the Gaffer, Chissy or Smith

lichtie23

lichtie23

Scottish sensation

• Gold Members
  • 50,290 posts
2 points dropped against a poor East Fife side. Can't believe the triple save from the keeper at the end.

Hughes superb for East Fife and Linn our standout.

1320Lichtie

1320Lichtie

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 7,792 posts
Draw probably fair. What a screamer from Cookie. Linn superb again. And what an absolute incredible incredible save from the East Fife keeper to deny Erwin on his 3rd attempt in the last minute, absolutely phenomenal save!!!

ecto

ecto

First Division Superstar

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,640 posts

How can a game without a bad tackle in it, finish with 1 team down to 9 players

Lichtielegend

Lichtielegend

First Division Sub

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Frustrating (especially with that triple save at the end) but we didn't deserve to win, to be honest.

One was a goalscoring chance, the other was an accumulation (and was a very cynical foul for the 2nd yellow)

The ref was justified in showing red in both cases.

Edited by Lichtielegend, 09 November 2013 - 17:40.

Xbass - The fat Ivan Campo.

You're nothing but a bitter, bitter, man, who has a haircut that makes you look like a fat Ivan Campo!

ecto

ecto

First Division Superstar

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,640 posts

Frustrating (especially with that triple save at the end) but we didn't deserve to win, to be honest.

One was a goalscoring chance, the other was an accumulation (and was a very cynical foul for the 2nd yellow)

The ref was justified in showing red in both cases.

But you could not say that there was a "bad" tackle in the game

lichtie23

lichtie23

Scottish sensation

• Gold Members
  • 50,290 posts

But you could not say that there was a "bad" tackle in the game

I could. There were a few lunges

keptie

keptie

Junior League Starter

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Because when a team cynically stops the opposition by fouling by whatever means like pulling jerseys or tripping players up they are going to get booked or eventually sent off which East Fife were guilty off,doesn't have to be a bad challenge,i thought the ref had a good game.Draw about right,first half was pretty even but the second was a roller coaster,after Arbroath scored we lost it for 15 mins when it was all East Fife and they scored 2 Quick goals,but we got back into after the sending off and should've won it at the death,but that would have been tough on the Fifers,great game.

fifer67

fifer67

Sunday League Superstar

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

When I saw East Fifes team line I was fearing the worst. No johnstone, Brown or Naysmith, replaced by players who have done nothing for the team all season. Fair to say the first half was a none event, but the 2nd half more than made up for it with some fire works. Arbroaths opener was a good strike not sure if there was a deflection. East  Fife then made changes and worked a good equaliser. Arbroath then folded like a pack of cards and we batterd them for a 15 minute spell with several near things and a fantastic save from Morrison. We eventually got the lead with Buchanan heading high in the net for his and East Fifes 2nd. The pendulum swung back in Arbroaths favour with a penalty and red card, hard to say from where I was but it looked like a coming together,  but the ref was closer than me. Arbroath then went for the winner but we held on with 9 men and a wonder triple save from our keeper. With our weakend starting 11 and being down to 9 men I am delighted with a draw. Hopefully we will get  some first team players back for next week as a 6 pointer at home to Stranraer.  

keptie

keptie

Junior League Starter

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Going a bit over the top with the 9 men heroics,it was only for 30 seconds.The penalty was a penalty the defender pulled Linn back in the box,definite red card as he was the last man.

sneed hearn

sneed hearn

Junior League Sub

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • My Team:Scotland

Not at all sure the foul was inthe box although still a red card.2 poor teams.The East Fife team selection was bizarre with 3 players who should not be inthe side.Really do question whether the manager is up to to it, although the team did play with spirit.

timlichtie

timlichtie

Sunday League Starter

• Gold Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

It was a stone wall penalty but I thought Linn was just offside before the foul.

The triple save by the fifer's keeper came straight after Morrison had made a great stop for us.

A draw was a fair result.

Smokie_Bacon_crisps

Smokie_Bacon_crisps

Sunday League Superstar

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Photographs from the game.  A definite pen, but very same location and situation to the penalty against Airdrie.   The linesman who had the best view bottled it and didn't even raise his flag

Gary Thom was lucky as he pulled back Erwin when he was through in the first half, but he didn't go down.

With Cook, Erwin and Linn there is always the threat of a goal.  I don't know why Travis was dropped, but Donaldson did do well in his place.   Hopefully Ricky Little is will be back soon, but David Banjo has made that position his own.   Although I think he would be perfect in behind Erwin to run and chase the ball and also help in midfield.

ecto

ecto

First Division Superstar

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,640 posts

Because when a team cynically stops the opposition by fouling by whatever means like pulling jerseys or tripping players up they are going to get booked or eventually sent off which East Fife were guilty off,doesn't have to be a bad challenge,i thought the ref had a good game.Draw about right,first half was pretty even but the second was a roller coaster,after Arbroath scored we lost it for 15 mins when it was all East Fife and they scored 2 Quick goals,but we got back into after the sending off and should've won it at the death,but that would have been tough on the Fifers,great game.

Most of the bookings were of a soft nature, at this rate we are going to turn our game into a non-contact sport and that cannot be a good thing, surely?

keptie

keptie

Junior League Starter

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Most of the bookings were of a soft nature, at this rate we are going to turn our game into a non-contact sport and that cannot be a good thing, surely?

There is nothing more frustrating at a football game when a player goes by an opposition player and is then stopped in his tracks by a pre-meditated foul with no intention of winning the ball,you've got to get booked for that no matter how innocuous the fouls are imo and if you're also the last man a red card,a few of the bookings were for that sort of thing yesterday,blame the players for leaving refs with no option.I think a few players think it should be non-contact as it is anyway Forfars Templeman goes down if he gets breathed on to name one ;)

Shelldon

Shelldon

First Division Sub

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,212 posts

After watching the highlights there a draw was probably the fair outcome, would've been great to win it at the death though. Both red cards were fair and justified although for the penalty the foul looks to be just outside the box so got slightly lucky with that one. Would maybe give Lindsay a go at left back as Hamilton has been awful the past few games and has barely done any of his surging runs we saw so often last season. At least the end of losses has come to an end although we'll need to perform much better to take anything from Stenny next week.

:)

ecto

ecto

First Division Superstar

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,640 posts

No one doubts that Templeman goes down easy, so does Gemmell and they are both big guys.

I am old enough to remember when sending-offs were a rarity, you could go weeks without there being one in the whole of the Scottish leagues, and I would say the game was more physical than it is now

keptie

keptie

Junior League Starter

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

No one doubts that Templeman goes down easy, so does Gemmell and they are both big guys.

I am old enough to remember when sending-offs were a rarity, you could go weeks without there being one in the whole of the Scottish leagues, and I would say the game was more physical than it is now

Totally agree with you but times have changed,Jimmy Bone wouldn't get away with jumping into players nowadays :) ........he'd still be scoring plenty of goals of course

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users