Wasps vs Binos

Waspy

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to get through that today. Entertaining 90 minutes served up by both teams.

I was still confident at 0-1 and 11 v 11, but Stirling started very well, while we were uncharacteristically sloppy, giving away several free kicks softly in dangerous positions, so you never know.

Jordan White impressed. Crawford, McLune and Mcanespie we know are good playerd and it was nice to see them back at the Recs.

In the last sixteen, so mission accomplished.

it looked like McAnespie had won the ball but, as he lay on the ground, the Alloa player fell over his leg.

Stonewaller from where I was standing. Keiran had no need to give it away IMO.

His reaction was ott too, but he is a bit daft.

Stonewaller from where I was standing. Keiran had no need to give it away IMO.

His reaction was ott too, but he is a bit daft.

Nothing is ever Kieran McAnespie's fault. It's rule #1 in the official SAFC players' rulebook. Whether it's ballooning a cross-field pass out the park, mistiming a defensive header, or giving away a needless penalty: someone else must take the blame. Anyone who disagrees is transferred to a club in the Lowland League.

Decent atmosphere and cup tie. Stirling deserve a lot of credit, their players looked more up for it and they really knocked Alloa out of our stride in the first half. Forced a lot of mistakes and left our team humping the ball up the field and looking nothing like themselves. Obviously re-grouped at half time and put in a decent 15 minute spell which ultimately won the game for us. Disappointed we took the foot off the gas at that point when we could have kicked on and added to our tally, but credit to Stirling for that too. For a team two leagues below and playing most of the game with 10 men they did really well.

Highlights were a couple of great goals from Holmes and Weir and a brilliant save from Crawford to deny Cawley near the end. Hard not to feel that DC should have done more in his career.

Pleasing to be in the next round of the cup :). Credit to Albion who I feel we're up for it more than us, but I always had the feeling if we scored we would go on to win. Who was the fella with the guitar? :L

The audience at the Singing Kettle doesn't have as many easy targets as the Alloa support though.

Can you pen a wee number about the wasps in the next round of the cup?

Archived