Wasps vs Binos

Waspy

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I forsee a royal pumping, and not in a good way.

Alloa are at a great level just now given their resources, and fair play to them too. I just can't see past a home win.

Home fans -- What's the situation opposite the main stand at the moment? Last time I was there (4-3 home win) it was a funny small seated thing. Is that still there?

I forsee a royal pumping, and not in a good way.

Alloa are at a great level just now given their resources, and fair play to them too. I just can't see past a home win.

Home fans -- What's the situation opposite the main stand at the moment? Last time I was there (4-3 home win) it was a funny small seated thing. Is that still there?

Yeah it's still there.

Stirling will probably be given that and I'd imagine they'll get the railway end as well. Sitting in the cricket stand isn't great as you'll constantly be moving your head to see past the numerous metal poles, standing in front of it or at the sides of it puts you at pitch level and again, isn't a great view. I'd recommend standing at the top of the steps behind the goals at the railway end, even though you're at an end of the ground you'll still get a good view of the entire pitch there.

Think this game could be tighter than a lot of people might be expecting. We've got a really good keeper and defence and if McCord and Cawley are on form then our midfield is pretty good too. We seem to be lacking a bit up front this season though (perhaps the style of play we've adopted this season compared to the last two has contributed to this however) and we may struggle to score.

What's Stirling's team like this year anyway, is McAnespie and McClune still playing for you guys?

How many Stirling fans are likely to head out the pleasant back road to Alloa for this game ? Considering the close distance and the fact it's the Scottish cup would it be too hopeful to expect 700 ?

Not a hope in hell of either team having 700 fans at the game, sad to say. I assume you were asking about 700 Binos and not a total crowd of 700.

Looking forward to this. Was happy just to get a home draw to be honest but to get Stirling was a bit of icing on the cake. Only thing is we're struggling up front at the moment. Maybe we'll have a new striker by the time the game takes place. Time will tell.

Pressure is all on Alloa here , Stirling have nothing to lose.

Losing to a team two leagues below (a league even lower than the Zombies are in) would be just plain embarracing.

Crowd from Stirling will be healthy going by talk of some of the old guard being in attendance.

Exciting draw for us as Stirling are our everything :P . I think our team of the past couple of seasons would have pumped their Stirling counterparts but as a few posters have said we don't have the same cutting edge at the moment, and that might give the Binos some hope. Game is a few weeks away anyway, plenty could change for either side.

Yeah it's still there.

Stirling will probably be given that and I'd imagine they'll get the railway end as well. Sitting in the cricket stand isn't great as you'll constantly be moving your head to see past the numerous metal poles, standing in front of it or at the sides of it puts you at pitch level and again, isn't a great view. I'd recommend standing at the top of the steps behind the goals at the railway end, even though you're at an end of the ground you'll still get a good view of the entire pitch there.

Think this game could be tighter than a lot of people might be expecting. We've got a really good keeper and defence and if McCord and Cawley are on form then our midfield is pretty good too. We seem to be lacking a bit up front this season though (perhaps the style of play we've adopted this season compared to the last two has contributed to this however) and we may struggle to score.

What's Stirling's team like this year anyway, is McAnespie and McClune still playing for you guys?

McCord and Cawley scare me for this game. McCord was a great wee player for us several years back, can only imagine he's improved further.

McAnespie has recently been dropped due to being honking except for dead ball deliveries / freekicks. He also enjoys shouting at younger players who are playing twice as good as him. McClune is currently our holding midfielder, we converted him from full back because the rest of our midfield wasn't up to much, and it keeps in with our total-football ethos where any player can be seamlessly dropped into any position. :unsure:

We do have two good centre-backs and a good keeper, and some strikers who can look pretty good on their day, but we have turned in several awful performances and I pray that doesn't happen when we visit the Recs.

Not a hope in hell of either team having 700 fans at the game, sad to say. I assume you were asking about 700 Binos and not a total crowd of 700.

Remember the 7-0 game (silly question)? I'm sure there was 1500 fans at that game. How times have changed.

I think we'll bring about 500-600 for this one. Maybe before the game both sets of fans can link arms and chant our mutual love of George Grieve before the kick off?

Remember the 7-0 game (silly question)? I'm sure there was 1500 fans at that game. How times have changed.

I think we'll bring about 500-600 for this one. Maybe before the game both sets of fans can link arms and chant our mutual love of George Grieve before the kick off?

I hope I'm wrong in regards to the size of crowd but it's not like it was back in those days at the Recs. We seem to attract the same amount of fans regardless of how or who we're playing. No comment on your suggestion of pre match activity :whistle

Meh, dull draw.

Of course, it'll mean more to Alloa than it does to us even though they're two divisions above us. Still utterly obsessed with us I see.

*ruffles their collective hair*

Should be an easy home win. Anything else would be simply embarrassing. EMBARRASSING. :rolleyes:

No pressure, lads.

Meh, dull draw.

Of course, it'll mean more to Alloa than it does to us even though they're two divisions above us. Still utterly obsessed with us I see.

*ruffles their collective hair*

Should be an easy home win. Anything else would be simply embarrassing. EMBARRASSING. :rolleyes:

No pressure, lads.

4 pages already on the Redweb Forum about this game I see. I'd say the obsession runs more the other way.

What would you class as an easy home win? We only scored 3 against Inverurie, played poorly, yet won easily. But yes it would be utterly embarrassing to be put out by a diddy team such as Stirling.

ETA - I will save Stewarty the bother of replying to this stating my obvious obsession in that I checked the Redweb forum.

4 pages already on the Redweb Forum about this game I see. I'd say the obsession runs more the other way.

What would you class as an easy home win? We only scored 3 against Inverurie, played poorly, yet won easily. But yes it would be utterly embarrassing to be put out by a diddy team such as Stirling.

ETA - I will save Stewarty the bother of replying to this stating my obvious obsession in that I checked the Redweb forum.

Bite !

Ach well... Nothing changes.

I'll freely admit I see Alloa as our main rivals although I don't loathe them like I do, say, Rangers.

However there is a decent percentage of our support who don't share that view. In fact if you look at that thread on the Redweb forum, you'll see a few fans admitting to having a soft spot for Alloa. :(

Archived