St Andrews thread

MrFanA

Thought i would start a thread for St Andrews news and views. Doesn't seem to be any chat from anyone and thats all i come on for. There must be something to be said about them and the performances of recent.

I see every game and it would be interesting to hear peoples opinions.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday wasn't the greatest. Not the worst I've saw either. They have a few potential players but missing a couple key players has forced a makeshift lineup forcing players being out of position. Not an excuse for performance but a contribution to outcome all the same.

Must say, a couple good players in yesterdays Broxburn squad. Looked like scoring was going to be a regular occurrence especially after they scored so early on in the first half. Surprised they only scored 3.

As for signs of improvement, I'm an optimist. If they get a full fit squad then they might start winning. But like i said, I'm an optimist. They recently lost Davie Hannah a loss of experienced coaching. They have a few good individuals and on the day they can turn it on. But its not been the most consistent run in terms of individuals.

Been to Recreation Park many times since the Saints were promoted to Super League. Very friendly place and in David Cunningham they have a Chairman who knows how to run a football club. Whether results are good or bad you won't find him or Jim Hardie wasting their time on a football forum blaming innocent bystanders for their own misdemeanors

As an ex player I'd like to see them pick up. Great set up and the players are always well looked after, both financially and in terms of kit etc.

The downside is that it's a rugby town and not a particularly big fan base. I suppose like many teams in fife, locals are more likely to come along to watch local players from the town. It's a hard one though if the local players aren't of the standard the club needs to play super league football.

MacMullan and Seeley are local lads - are there any more just now?

Been to Recreation Park many times since the Saints were promoted to Super League. Very friendly place and in David Cunningham they have a Chairman who knows how to run a football club. Whether results are good or bad you won't find him or Jim Hardie wasting their time on a football forum blaming innocent bystanders for their own misdemeanors

White Star, what chairman / manager have you seen do that?

You're right, it is and always has been a friendly club. Hopefully results improve and they can stay in the super league for next season.

David is a top bloke and got his work cut out for him. After winning so much and moving up to this league, to now scraping through the seasons as of yet. It will take his guidance to take them onwards an upwards. And with Jim Hardie, i wouldn't expect him to be on here. I see this as an outlet for supporters first and foremost and players thrown in at risk. With media bans getting thrown around at them. With all the will in the world, Jim has has a big job on his hands and needs the full support from players to have any chance of improving. Need more positive encouragement. But I'm not in any position to tell anybody how to do that job. So i wont.

I was at the Whitburn v St Andrews game last week and I didn't think there was much between the teams, as the 2-2 scoreline underlines. Certainly gives me some hope that Whitburn can start moving upwards again. I haven't seen any other Superleague teams this season, and maybe it was a bad day for St Andrews, but if not, then I think they will struggle this season in the league.

It's easier for them to attract players from Dundee than Central / West Fife so that would make sense.

Would agree about this being for fans. If I was still playing / coaching I'd probably not post. Interested to hear who white star is referring too?

David is a good guy and Jim has plenty if experience. Hopefully between them they can get the club back to winning ways.

Aye Shuggie i went to Whitburn game too. Your right there wasn't much between them. I was disappointed with that performance. They played a good game against Oakley a few weeks before that and it was the same result but penalties in our favour this time. They played well but just couldn't hold the lead. Giving away crucial goals while leading is a bit of a habit just now.

Whitburn brought the game to them and didn't make it easy throughout. st Andrews played just ok. Don't think they thought they would lose that one. Good win for Whitburn all the same.

Yeah I noticed he'd been emptied from the fife forum. I think you're right Gogsy, and he possibly is referring to the glens. I've never noticed their manager using forums to blame others for bad results but maybe I've missed something.

Yeah I noticed he'd been emptied from the fife forum. I think you're right Gogsy, and he possibly is referring to the glens. I've never noticed their manager using forums to blame others for bad results but maybe I've missed something.

No you no missed anything. The guys a fraud, anonamous poster with no history nobody knows him but he knows everybody. Give it time & he will slander or liable somebody on here as well. But still won't show his real identity FACELESS POSTER = COWARD

St Andrews had a couple of very good seasons winning promotion then winning EOS cup and reaching quarters of Scottish.

They were able to attract ex seniors as they had the finances but along with a host of junior clubs have needed to cut playing budgets to stay alive.

Thinl it could be a long hard season for them

Archived