East Kilbride FC TV Match Highlights

EKFCTV

Cheers everyone.

The rewards for 2nd place in the league are; entry into the PetroFac Training Cup and a Scottish Cup First Round bye.

Where has that come from? I don't think that it has been stated anywhere. The only reason that the Highland and Lowland League champions have been invited is to make up the numbers to 32 for to avoid a couple of teams getting a bye in the first round.

It doesn't make sense to invite the runners-up as well.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where has that come from? I don't think that it has been stated anywhere. The only reason that the Highland and Lowland League champions have been invited is to make up the numbers to 32 for to avoid a couple of teams getting a bye in the first round.

It doesn't make sense to invite the runners-up as well.

That was the information I was given during the season. I think its got something to do with the possibility of a team dropping out of League 2.

I've only ever seen it referred to on P&B, in EK threads*. Why I was asking.

It'd take them past 32 clubs, requiring some kind of extra round.

EDIT: *Actually, not strictly correct. At a local game I watched recently someone did say something to the effect:

"Is it true the Highland & Lowland runners-up also qualify for the Petrofac Training Cup? Is this just a ploy so Spartans still get in?".

So it'll now be, what, 10 non-league clubs qualifying, then :lol::P...

I've only ever seen it referred to on here, in EK threads. Why I was asking.

It'd take them past 32 clubs, requiring some kind of extra round.

To be honest I don't know much about it. I was just going on the information I was given at the time.

looking forward to the Vale match highlights if this particular gem isn't edited out by a nervous cameraman... :unsure:

"2 EK players had a little scrap resulting in a red and a yellow."

Unfortunately I wasn't there. Due to work commitments I only to do the home matches or high profile away games.

was hoping to get to the game tomorrow EK. will there be highlights from your channel for those who dont make it?

Yes! I will be there to film the quarter final against BSC and the highlights should be on for the end of the week.

• 2 months later...

This EKTV guy needs his bawls kicked, where's the QP highlights. Lazy b

Well thats not very nice. I would love to get highlights online 24 hours after the match. But unfortunately this is lower league football and I have a day job too. But I'm happy to say that the highlights will be on later this afternoon

Well thats not very nice. I would love to get highlights online 24 hours after the match. But unfortunately this is lower league football and I have a day job too. But I'm happy to say that the highlights will be on later this afternoon

Was only yankin your chain, didn't want u getting too big headed after all nice comments, top work as per

Archived