3-5-2

donald

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

100 plus years ago sure, and it could work fine, but its not really in use today is it

Yes because formations become outdated. You have to pick a formation to suit your players and to exploit the weaknesses in your opponents team. Not just because you think it *might* work when written down on a bit of paper.

haha you two are complete zoomers. evidence that the most likely result between two teams of a similar level is a draw, I dont know what to say to that I really don't. you reckon your pal can prove 451 would likely beat 352 in two teams of a similar level?

Juve v Bayern.

The fact is if 3-5-2 is so good more teams would play it. Only Italy really embraces it and that's because the tempo is low there. But Italian teams have been dreadful in Europe recently. Even when they have been successful they haven't used 3-5-2. Inter used 4-2-3-1 in 2010 and Milan used 5 in midfield in '03 and '07 even Juve in '96 used 4-3-3.

haha you two are complete zoomers.  evidence that the most likely result between two teams of a similar level is a draw, I dont know what to say to that I really don't.   you reckon your pal can prove 451 would likely beat 352 in two teams of a similar level?

You made the claim. You failed to back it up.

Unlucky PB

• 2 weeks later...

Three at the back come on do me a favour,its not as if we have guys like Gough,Hendry,McLeish,Miller,Narey,Malpas,Levein,McLaren,Hansen,McQueen,Matteo,our defence is pretty ordinary.OK Hanley is young enough to improve and looks stronger every game.He does not need to be in a team that would ship goals.He needs the protection of the defensive midfield men,and do not forget we can always play Fletcher wide left and Rhodes up front could be something different to try in the current formation that looks as if its working,we are hard to beat.And we are scoring goals,just lapses at set pieces is were we look like losing golas like in the England game.

• 10 months later...

Its strange in a way, how footballing systems seem to work in cycles, we'll be back to 4-4-2 within the next ten years probably

Archived